Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to show machoism / say I told you so on your own posts.

Here

Even though all these posters did was go by the sentiment of well connected journalists who said his overwhelming preference is Real, and they tend to get the players they want.

The minute an article dropped about him deciding between the two, your I told you so post came out.
That’s different though. I am never wrong.

Looks kinda like United are being used by Yoro and Real Madrid. I don't like being used.

Rather just close the De Ligt deal. Looks like he actually wants to be here.

Still think there’s a chance this gets done. If there was zero chance it would have been squashed by now. Plus we’re supposedly holding up the De ligt deal we must have some encouragement.

I think if Madrid don’t put up the money this week he will come here.

Looks kinda like United are being used by Yoro and Real Madrid. I don't like being used.

Rather just close the De Ligt deal. Looks like he actually wants to be here.

Not sure how Madrid are using us, if we hadn't bid more than they're willing to pay then they'd have a stronger hand

If anything we're annoying Real, not sure how we're being used by them? Muddying the waters so they can't easily buy someone doesn't really strike me as us being used.

C'mon people, we all know the original state of play and that we're trying our hand at the improbable. It'll be a huge statement if we can interject and turn his head, but it's nothing to get riled up over.

Nobody is being used, we aren't naive to the fact it gives his party leverage in negotiations, but that's not a cunnning ploy - it's a byproduct of us being in the mix. You can imagine it's an annoyance to Madrid whilst being a catalyst for Yoro to get more money wherever he decides to go.

Shooting our shot was and is a good thing - this isn't the same as haphazard, scattergunning incompetence and it doesn't make us look bad, even if he ultimately chooses Madrid.

C'mon people, we all know the original state of play and that we're trying our hand at the improbable. It'll be a huge statement if we can interject and turn his head, but it's nothing to get riled up over.

Nobody is being used, we aren't naive to the fact it gives his party leverage in negotiations, but that's not a cunnning ploy - it's a byproduct of us being in the mix. You can imagine it's an annoyance to Madrid whilst being a catalyst for Yoro to get more money wherever he decides to go.

Shooting our shot was and is a good thing - this isn't the same as haphazard, scattergunning incompetence and it doesn't make us look bad, even if he ultimately chooses Madrid.
Aye, I'd rather we throw our hat in the ring for these super talents than just roll over like the rest of the world and let him go to Madrid uncontested.

Not sure how Madrid are using us, if we hadn't bid more than they're willing to pay then they'd have a stronger hand

I meant to say by Yoro to join Real Madrid. :boring: Get them more involved and a better contract. And as far as Lille are concerned, either accept Real's offer now or get nothing next summer. It would be a scummy act on Yoro's side. It was good to try, just don't let it drag out for too long.

Everyone is benefiting out of it apart from Real

a- we're strengthening Yoro and Lille's negotiation hand
b- we're trying to sign a top young talent while concurrently strengthening our hand on other signings by showing that we've got options

Having said that I hope that this won't be dragging for weeks and if things go sour then I hope that United will bail out of the deal before Yoro commits himself to Real. We can't have another De Jong saga were we end up panic buying

Everyone is benefiting out of it apart from Real

a- we're strengthening Yoro and Lille's negotiation hand
b- we're trying to sign a top young talent while concurrently strengthening our hand on other signings by showing that we've got options

Having said that I hope that this won't be dragging for weeks and if things go sour then I hope that United will bail out of the deal before Yoro commits himself to Real. We can't have another De Jong saga were we end up panic buying
I don't think they can sour unless he gives the OK and then reneges, tbh. Other than that, it's go about our business elsewhere and see how things pan out. It's been reported that the reserve for him is separate and independent "must sign" of our funds for other players, too, so it's a case of having our plan in order and ensuring this doesn't interfere with that.

He's very young and seemingly has his heart set on Madrid. Given their current standing, the amount of current French elite talent they have as well as their connection to Zidane, who I'm sure is some part an idol to all in France, it is a huge decision to opt to go literally anywhere else. It would be an immense achievement to coax him away from so many bright lights and reasons to go there.

We need to send a contingent of Anthony Martial, David Bellion and William Prunier over to turn this kids head immediately.

We’d be stupid as feck if we bring in someone who doesn’t really want to be here though, we’ve made that mistake before.
If he desperately wants to join Madrid and is holding off a club like Manchester United, the last thing we want is a situation where he goes “oh feck, Madrid aint happening, should I wait a year or go to United”.
We want players who are desperate to be here, hence why I’m certain De Ligt is coming regardless, it’s the one top priority. No chance are we holding off on a top more proven player who appears to really want to leave a better team to join us, only to wait on an 18 yr old from Ligue 1 who doesn’t really fancy it :lol:

I don't think they can sour unless he gives the OK and then reneges, tbh. Other than that, it's go about our business elsewhere and see how things pan out. It's been reported that the reserve for him is separate and independent "must sign" of our funds for other players, too, so it's a case of having our plan in order and ensuring this doesn't interfere with that.

He's very young and seemingly has his heart set on Madrid. Given their current standing, the amount of current French elite talent they have as well as their connection to Zidane, who I'm sure is some part an idol to all in France, it is a huge decision to opt to go literally anywhere else. It would be an immense achievement to coax him away from so many bright lights and reasons to go there.

I have zero problems with us playing this dance. As said I see benefits out of it. Having said that one need to be careful not to take things too far. After all the transfer window has its deadlines and the world will not wait for us either. Transfers are being negotiated right now. We can't reach a point when most great signings had moved and we're left in a situation were we either spend silly money or end up with nothing

Can't see him coming here TBH. If he genuinely has his heart set on Real then he's got little to gain by joining us. There's nothing we can do to demonstrate we have a 'project' worth joining. Last year was a shit show, forget the win over City - that was literally a one off - and the new ownership hasn't had time to prove anything yet.

IMO there's a <10% chance that we get him, he gets game time and shows his potential consistently to keep the likes of Madrid interested. He'd get more practice at defending for sure, but playing in front of a calamity keeper and weak midfield, conceding 20+ shots every game is not an environment he should be using as development. We'd more than likely break him.

Watching Zidane hand Mbappé the keys to Madrid must have been very appealing for him I must say.

They might already be one that we don't know about, but United must have given Yoro's team some kind of deadline for an answer.

The list of CB targets seems to have been 3 so far, but when the bar is currently Maguire and Lindelof it's not going to be difficult to find an improvement...move onto target number 4, 5 or 6.

Why would they do that?

It just makes it easier for Madrid or another club to get him.

Why? I dunno maybe it would be better to get the new cb in asap...would you not see that as a positive?

The deadline doesn't need to be anything like 48h but 2 weeks for a reply either way would be pretty reasonable. Or do you think United should just wait until the final minutes of the transfer window

What's the deal with him Portuguese posters here don't seem to rate him highly but his name seems to come up frequently here .
Apparently he was incredible in his first half season for Sporting, he was so hyped and a monster on Football Manager and then he had a poor season last season, so Sporting fans would rather see him go than Inacio for instance.

Have people on here seen a lot of Yoro though? Is he that good?

Why? I dunno maybe it would be better to get the new cb in asap...would you not see that as a positive?

The deadline doesn't need to be anything like 48h but 2 weeks for a reply either way would be pretty reasonable. Or do you think United should just wait until the final minutes of the transfer window

He clearly wants to go to Madrid. Giving him an ultimatum won't help anything. If he's the generational talent that people say he is then you have to be patient.

Sounds true enough. But could still be a ploy from player and/or agent to push Madrid

Hopefully we are making the right call on this. He's very young and is a good way away from his best level, it's definitely a risk. Don't know anything about him but if we are prioritizing him over De Ligt, then that's a huge shout I'd say, given de ligt is only 24 and had even more hype than Yoro at 18.

Plus with De Ligt really wanting to come and would be here for his prime, while Madrid would probably just come back in for Yoro for his mid 20 to 30 years... I dunno. Feels like we should just get De Ligt.

I'm starting to believe:

"Lille accepted offer of 50 + 12 (62M € ). Leny #Yoro is in negotiations with Manchester United on salary conditions. Favorable trend and open door to ManUtd. Real still there but behind."

Status
Not open for further replies.