Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the reports in French papers, despite having an offer already accepted by Lille, United are ready to raise their offer for Yoro to €60m (£50.4m) to put him way beyond Real’s reach and in order for the French side to turn the screw on the player and get him to accept the move to Old Trafford.
That's such a Woody move and he's not here anymore so...almost certainly BS.

I am delighted that we are competing so hard for such a huge talent at 18. If we miss out it won’t be through lack of trying. Not much more we can ask for. It also seems like we have plenty of alternatives, so aren’t going down a blind alley like in previous summers.

I’ll be over the moon if we sign him. He’s a superstar in the making. But I think we all recognise that we a distant second to Real in terms of allure.

Didn't see L'Equipe's posted in this thread but they're suggesting we're out.

Glad that he said No, we were about to do the same anyway after concluding today he’s overrated and an absolute waste of money, phew. Bullet dodged, I was worrying how should we walk out of this now. Again, phew.

As per the reports in French papers, despite having an offer already accepted by Lille, United are ready to raise their offer for Yoro to €60m (£50.4m) to put him way beyond Real’s reach and in order for the French side to turn the screw on the player and get him to accept the move to Old Trafford.

This reminds me of when I went to an auction with my grandma and she kept bidding against herself because she didn't know how an auction worked.

The article says Madrid is willing pay near the 20m mark.

No wonder why their owner wants him to join us, we’re paying almost triple that figure.

I am delighted that we are competing so hard for such a huge talent at 18. If we miss out it won’t be through lack of trying. Not much more we can ask for. It also seems like we have plenty of alternatives, so aren’t going down a blind alley like in previous summers.

I’ll be over the moon if we sign him. He’s a superstar in the making. But I think we all recognise that we a distant second to Real in terms of allure.
Yeah, pretty much this.

Being used by a player to get a better contract offer from Real, Barca or Bayern. Hmm, where have we seen this before?

This seems like a dead end, him moving at 18 to United, while having a chance to play with a horde of future national teammates at RM. He’d rather have won 3-4 titles already till he wins something big at United.

If not the player himself, whoever's advising him probably has some sense on what is the right move.

Move on folks, on to De Ligt thread.

It doesn't appear to be anything about the contract offer, more Real's transfer fee? At least whinge correctly.

Yoro and his agent don’t give a damn about the transfer fee. If they have been assured by Real that a deal can be done, then they use our contract offer as leverage.

Yoro and his agent don’t give a damn about the transfer fee. If they have been assured by Real that a deal can be done, then they use our contract offer as leverage.

There's one major element of this deal who do care about the transfer fee, who for some reason, you're ignoring. You don't have to spin everything negatively. Aren't you tired?

There's one major element of this deal who do care about the transfer fee, who for some reason, you're ignoring. You don't have to spin everything negatively. Aren't you tired?

If he positively wanted to come to United, with no other club interested enough to put money up yet, the deal would already be done. Obviously.

At best we’re a fallback.

If he positively wanted to come to United, with no other club interested enough to put money up yet, the deal would already be done. Obviously.

At best we’re a fallback.

Of course we are? We know we weren't originally his first choice? Who is pretending otherwise? So you'd turn your nose up at him? Fair enough.

I hope we've gave this deal a deadline so we can quickly move to other targets if needed. We're taking ages to sell and buy

Yoro should reject United and get this over with and let's sign who actually wants to come. YORO, You Only Reject Once.

Why are some almost seemingly excited at the prospect of him rejecting us and going to Real?
It’s either masochism or just being able to say I told you so. The thread is awash with low-self esteem and inferiority complexes.

Did what?
Tried to show machoism / say I told you so on your own posts.

Here
But Redcafe said he only wants to join Real

Even though all these posters did was go by the sentiment of well connected journalists who said his overwhelming preference is Real, and they tend to get the players they want.

The minute an article dropped about him deciding between the two, your I told you so post came out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.