Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ratcliffe means business folks!!

As per the reports in French papers, despite having an offer already accepted by Lille, United are ready to raise their offer for Yoro to €60m (£50.4m) to put him way beyond Real’s reach and in order for the French side to turn the screw on the player and get him to accept the move to Old Trafford.

Furthermore, Le Parisien states that Ratcliffe will task the player’s agent, Jorge Mendes, with convincing the player of the merits of moving to Old Trafford, having already moved a number of his clients to United over the years.

Looks like Ratcliffe means business folks!!

As per the reports in French papers, despite having an offer already accepted by Lille, United are ready to raise their offer for Yoro to €60m (£50.4m) to put him way beyond Real’s reach and in order for the French side to turn the screw on the player and get him to accept the move to Old Trafford.

Furthermore, Le Parisien states that Ratcliffe will task the player’s agent, Jorge Mendes, with convincing the player of the merits of moving to Old Trafford, having already moved a number of his clients to United over the years.

Whatever happens I’m happy to see the club competing with Madrid for the best young players in the world. This is the way it should be.

That makes absolutely no sense at all, and it would surely be much more effective to give Yoro an extra £8m rather than upping an already accepted bid.

How many would take him if his career is mapped out as United for 5 years then moving to Madrid in early 20s?

Honestly this is the only way we can pull it off. Just promise to let him leave to madrid for a good release clause (80m clause that becomes active 3y into a 5+1 deal should do it) and get him in. We have enough leverage still 3y down the line to sell for a decent transfer fee if he really wants to leave.

That makes absolutely no sense at all, and it would surely be much more effective to give Yoro an extra £8m rather than upping an already accepted bid.

Yep :lol:

Actually it might be more effective to throw that money at Mendes than Lille.

Yeah, the bid can't be accepted-er at this point unless Real match ours ?
Or there's some bizarro accounting going on to profit someone in the food chain... Which given we're talking football, there certainly is.

Sounds like something nonsensical written to spice up the story and have a daily update.

I don't blame Real for stalling. They're shitting themselves. "ay dios mío! Unitedo Manchestero burro burro Brexit Jim. Sleepy gigante! Mucho dinero considerably richer than Madrido."

Was whoever said that wearing this?

abejorro-ayayai.png

I'm not even going to justify this with a response. If I see you in a thread again I'm going to batter you.

You won't, cause you can't, there is a key difference. The only thing you can batter is your self-proclaimed thread victory, alas, I will post wherever I please. Glad you are taking notice of me, much appriciated.

In other words he’s stalling and hoping Madrid up their bid. His agent has probably told him to keep stringing us along in the hope of putting pressure on Madrid in the meantime.

I think the likeliest outcome here is still that RM up their bid to a decent amount and he goes there. Media games from RM to suggest they won't budge past their initial number a few days ago and this is the response.

I think the likeliest outcome here is still that RM up their bid to a decent amount and he goes there. Media games from RM to suggest they won't budge past their initial number a few days ago and this is the response.

Of course, I thought this would’ve been done and dusted by now and he’d be holding up a Madrid shirt. It’s clearly his preference, it’s just that tiny glimmer of hope you get from the fact it’s still dragging on and we’re the only ones to have a bid actually accepted. Will be a bit of a blow when he does eventually sign for them but we’ll quickly get over it when we bring in de Ligt and potentially another CB.

A club of United's stature should not be begging an 18 yr old to sign. Set a deadline for yes or no and move on if the kid wants to hold out for Madrid
It is one thing to spend all summer twerking for Frenkie De Jong...but an 18 yr old? C'mon

You won't, cause you can't, there is a key difference. The only thing you can batter is your self-proclaimed thread victory, alas, I will post wherever I please. Glad you are taking notice of me, much appriciated.

I'm coming for you and your entire family you snake.

In other words he’s stalling and hoping Madrid up their bid. His agent has probably told him to keep stringing us along in the hope of putting pressure on Madrid in the meantime.

‘His agent’ (Jorge Mendes) is probably encouraging him to join United and I’d guess probably the main reason we are still in the race, if indeed we are.

Let's have a third bid accepted, this time for €70m. Real won't know what hit 'em.

A club of United's stature should not be begging an 18 yr old to sign. Set a deadline for yes or no and move on if the kid wants to hold out for Madrid
It is one thing to spend all summer twerking for Frenkie De Jong...but an 18 yr old? C'mon
Clubs like Arsenal shouldn’t add £1 to a bid and call it “improved”, but here we are.

Anyway, if we ended up signing this lad, all this posturing and pushing and shoving would have been worth it.

Have you been in a coma the last years?

These talents only come around every so often. You’ve got to try and do whatever it takes to convince them to join.

These talents only come around every so often. You’ve got to try and do whatever it takes to convince them to join.

Yeah people just wanting us to move on instantly because a young kid hasn't made his mind up are the same lamenting why we don't sign more top young players, as if they expect every youngster to instantly choose us over any other top club.

It's fine, if he ends up going to Madrid his thread will be refreshed in 3 years when he's dominating UCL semifinals with the same people saying "if only we could have gotten him"

Pride before a fall.

If a club wants to act like things are beneath them, they have to have the trophies and current standing to do so.

Barcelona have fallen a long way from their lofty heyday, and they are mostly acting in accordance with that. United do not command the seven seas at this moment in time. It would be foolish to pretend otherwise. Nobody cares about self-congratulatory nonsense.

I've got no issue with us trying to fight for the best talents. I don't think it's Yoro or bust. We're going for several CB's and have alternatives in De Ligt, Branthwaite and Tah.

I've got no issue with us trying to fight for the best talents. I don't think it's Yoro or bust. We're going for several CB's and have alternatives in De Ligt, Branthwaite and Tah.
I'm just happy it's a shootout between us and Real, it shows those conducting the negotiations are doing a good job. It's a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.