Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's currently not overly keen on moving to Man United, there's no harm in taking the time to try and change his mind.
Probably just mulling over the ‘Shave off the sex offender tache’ clause in the contract.

The one thing we can offer him is to become a key part of the 'new' Manchester united era. We can now point to how the club is finally doing football to win things on the pitch rather than attract noodle partners.

Not saying this is enough to convince him, but for some players it might give them something they can really buy into. I suspect the recruitment folks are going to be giving ideas of other top players they will be looking to bring in to build the next team.

There are people acting like it's a foregone conclusion though, that's what I'm saying.
Well I don't blame them, they're going by some very credible reporters who say he has a massive preference toward Madrid, and from some good reports that he was set for Madrid too.

Of course it's a fluid situation but "redcafe" aren't reporting anything. A lot of these posters are fairly taking this transfer with a bucket of salt given the situation.

Well I don't blame them, they're going by some very credible reporters who say he has a massive preference toward Madrid, and from some good reports that he was set for Madrid too.

Of course it's a fluid situation but "redcafe" aren't reporting anything. A lot of these posters are fairly taking this transfer with a bucket of salt given the situation.

There are some very credible reporters who say he has a preference towards Madrid, but as far as I'm aware it's only on this forum where adjectives like "massive" are bunged in there as well.

I think we're in with a decent shout here. What if Yoro has never seen a PowerPoint presentation before? Ashworth could blow the kid's fecking mind.

Why this week?

Yes, I don't understand the hurry either.
The bid was accepted, MU can let it on the table for a while.
So long the club is also exploring parallel options and not stopping everything in its tracks waiting for the player to decide, what's the harm ?

There are some very credible reporters who say he has a preference towards Madrid, but as far as I'm aware it's only on this forum where adjectives like "massive" are bunged in there as well.

I think we're in with a decent shout here. What if Yoro has never seen a PowerPoint presentation before? Ashworth could blow the kid's fecking mind.
Can't be arsed to find the vid but Romano said things like "Yorro only wants Madrid" so I don't think redcafe posters have been exaggerating.

Yes, I don't understand the hurry either.
The bid was accepted, MU can let it on the table for a while.
So long the club is also exploring parallel options and not stopping everything in its tracks waiting for the player to decide, what's the harm ?
Yup exactly. I think as long as we secure De Ligt, we can spend a few more weeks on this one.

How many would take him if his career is mapped out as United for 5 years then moving to Madrid in early 20s?
I won't mind it. I think I'll trust us to secure a good deal for him if he moves and secure the right replacements as well. We're beginning to see a structure being put in which will enable that IMHO

How many would take him if his career is mapped out as United for 5 years then moving to Madrid in early 20s?

If the move to Madrid involves a massive transfer fee, why not? A lot of players are attracted by Real, if we can make money out of it, no problem with that.

I would have no issue with the player wanting to move on in 5 years, however we shouldn't buy with the intent of improving him just to sell and make a profit.

I think we buy with the understanding that he may want to move on in future but also back ourselves that we can be good enough that he won't need to or want to.

I would have no issue with the player wanting to move on in 5 years, however we shouldn't buy with the intent of improving him just to sell and make a profit.

I think we buy with the understanding that he may want to move on in future but also back ourselves that we can be good enough that he won't need to or want to.

It's not a bad thing tbh. Madrid do it themselves. City do it all the time as well.

Definitely, we need to show we are an attractive destination to young and exciting talent - even if they do move on after 5 years with us.

5 years is a natural club cycle for a lot of players. Even if things are going well, some want to experience a new challenge and/or country etc. I think, given he’s a foreigner, it’d be easier to swallow because it’s just a job for him unless he catches feels for the club or the area, as some do.

In the cold, hard world of business transactions, it would be all wins for us, as that would mean he’s realised his potential and will go for at least two times what we paid for him, but in terms of emotional ties, it would sting as nobody wants to sell on players who are doing extremely well for them.

I’d rather take the player than not, however. We need elevating as a club, and him performing well should result in us doing better, plus the message procurement sends to the market would also be immense, potentially opening up the door to the top end of the market rather than messing about with so-so talent.

I don’t even see this as the scenario. It’s very different with world class forwards than it is with defenders. All this ‘he’ll just go to Madrid in 3 years, or 5 years’ talk - if he doesn’t go to Madrid this summer, they will buy another defender. Even if for some reason they didn’t buy one this summer, they’d go and buy one next summer. They need at least one centre half over the next 24 months.

Even if and when Yoro becomes very good, it’s very likely they will already have competent defenders. Nobody says Real ‘missed out’ on Thiago Silva, for example, over his career just because he became a better centre half than Ramos or Pepe. Real had their defence, and despite there being a better centre half somewhere, they had no interest in buying him. I think it would be different if an Mbappe or Ronaldinho etc was on the market, they would always be interested, but defences - less so. Hakimi probably even became a better right back than Carvajal at some point and they still didn’t put him in even though they owned rights to his contract. I think if we get Yoro, he’ll be ours.

If we are a club with serious ambitions we should let him go to Madrid and buy him in 5 years.

A lot can happen in 5 years.
I think we need to shed that mentality of only signing finished products or expect career long "loyalty" especially if we move towards signing younger talent.

Always frustrating to see a young player leave when he hits his peak but that's the game. That's what financial compensation is for.

Are Madrid trying to sign him this year or get him on a free next year?

Seemingly this year but don’t want to break the bank to do so and are using the threat of him leaving for free next summer to try and force Lille to accept.

If we are a club with serious ambitions we should let him go to Madrid and buy him in 5 years.

Yeah, you are not taking him out of Madrid in 5 years, if he becomes a good player. The time is now or never. Otherwise, you will buy him from Madrid when he turns 29 years old, same as Varane.

Yeah, you are not taking him out of Madrid in 5 years, if he becomes a good player. The time is now or never. Otherwise, you will buy him from Madrid when he turns 29 years old, same as Varane.

Spoken like the coward you are.

Definitely, we need to show we are an attractive destination to young and exciting talent - even if they do move on after 5 years with us.

Yeah I mean in this hypothetical situation are we assuming he turns into a colossus of a CB and Madrid break a record to sign him? Because that would be brilliant.

For the record, I think the boogeyman of Madrid/Barca stealing players is far more of a RedCafe thing than a real life thing. It’s literally happened once and people still wet their beds thinking about whether any decent young player we have will want to leave for Madrid.

Spoken like the coward you are.

I'm not sure why you have the need to go for personal insults just because somebody does not agree with your opinion on a public forum. You could've given me a few examples where United bought 2-3 players from Real Madrid in their pick...

I'm not sure why you have the need to go for personal insults just because somebody does not agree with your opinion on a public forum. You could've given me a few examples where United bought 2-3 players from Real Madrid in their pick...

I'm not even going to justify this with a response. If I see you in a thread again I'm going to batter you.

Who did we buy in recent history that was so good that Madrid came for them or they were destined to go to Madrid after few years at United? Sancho? Antony? Fernandes? Hojlund? Martinez? Mount, Onana? Do you think any of these lad will end up in Madrid in few years from now?

I mean this lad is only 18 years old and he is only a potential at this stage, Madrid won't bother with him if he joins us, they will try to sign him now on their own terms but they won't be desperate for him if he goes elsewhere and they will find themselves another talented CB.

If he joins us, the last thing we need to worry about is where will he be in 5 years, first we don't know if he will actually make it here, jury is still out on that.

Are Madrid trying to sign him this year or get him on a free next year?
Ideally free next year, but a certain club is forcing their hand now. It plays into lille favour as they want a transfer fee regardless of who it is as long as it's the highest amount

Status
Not open for further replies.