Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd offer him a Real Madrid clause of some kind just no minimum fee release clause.

It will be young Varane situation all over again. Fergie almost had him till Madrid got Zidane to talk to Varane. Game over at that point.

Didn't they beat us to Benzema as well?

Yep sadly. So we picked up Owen on a free instead. I wish I was joking.

Seems like we’ve made a compelling case. Good stuff

We have people in charge now that can actually convince players that our club is worth joining now thankfully, without us simply having to write silly numbers down.

I’m cynical, so my guess is that United offered him a boatload of cash in the form of wage. Easy to be “touched” in that case. Hope we can persuade him to be here.

Or maybe we are just trying to sign a top quality player.

There’s no ploy. Madrid have a choice and they are choosing to stand on not overpaying.

I don’t doubt they we are trying, I’m just saying it’s not going to work.

The “the player is touched, Madrid need to act” story is there for one reason; to get Madrid to actually put their hands in their pockets, but they know they don’t need to overpay when the player only has them in mind.

Appreciate the love Leny. It’s the most important thing in life besides money and we are ready to offer that too to appreciate how much we love you.

Bottom line is if Real want it, they will get him so the only thing we can do is hope.

I don't know a lot about him but there must be something in him, would be good to take Varane revenge:)

Question is what our internal timeline is before we move on as we can't wait forever.

I miss this guy. If he was still here maybe we can get this over the line?:

"We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of,” Woodward boasted in the summer of 2014. “Watch this space.”

Yeah, but seems odd you can't lock them down for longer than three years in a contract, but can just keep offering them contracts yearly to extend that.

I'm not entirely certain, but I believe contract negotiations had been going on for a while and around Jan he informed them he won't be signing a new deal.

I think this is a rare case where this rule really hampers the developing clubs when top talent is concerned and puts foreign clubs at a massive advantage to turn their heads and get a top player at a massive discount.

Would Lille get a “tribunal” type fee if he went on a free? If not they should, and in these scenarios the guide price should be based on his market value, which is clearly what we are willing to pay in this scenario.

This is a much worse scenario that the Todibo one and only that transfer is banned. Shows it up for what it is really

I’m cynical, so my guess is that United offered him a boatload of cash in the form of wage. Easy to be “touched” in that case. Hope we can persuade him to be here.

Doubt it, plus Real aren’t going to be offering him chicken feed. He’s a potential generational talent at CB, with two of the biggest clubs in the world scrapping over him. He might want Real but they wouldn’t get away with a massive reduction in wages compared to what United would offer him.

I miss this guy. If he was still here maybe we can get this over the line?:

"We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of,” Woodward boasted in the summer of 2014. “Watch this space.”

With 300k per week and 50m sign off & agent fee? :lol::lol::lol:

The “the player is touched, Madrid need to act” story is there for one reason; to get Madrid to actually put their hands in their pockets, but they know they don’t need to overpay when the player only has them in mind.

I am guessing it's not a huge priority for Real Madrid either. There will be other young centerbacks.

Would Lille get a “tribunal” type fee if he went on a free? If not they should, and in these scenarios the guide price should be based on his market value, which is clearly what we are willing to pay in this scenario.

This is a much worse scenario that the Todibo one and only that transfer is banned. Shows it up for what it is really
Maybe, again, not entirely sure. I assume so though, but I have no idea!

I thought Lille had accepted our offer - therefore he either does or doesn’t want to join us?

Cant be hanging around waiting for Madrid to bid or not. If no answer from him quickly then doesn’t seem the wisest pursuit.

I thought Lille had accepted our offer - therefore he either does or doesn’t want to join us?

Cant be hanging around waiting for Madrid to bid or not. If no answer from him quickly then doesn’t seem the wisest pursuit.

I tend to agree we need a decision, we can't be held in stasis while Madrid decide if they want to pay for him and he's holding out for them to up their offer.

But Redcafe said he only wants to join Real
Real is his priority and there is fair logic from posters insinuating he'd wait. Romano and Ornstein etc all said real are his biggest priority.

Real is his priority and there is fair logic from posters insinuating he'd wait. Romano and Ornstein etc all said real are his biggest priority.
There are many posters basically suggestingit's over and he's signed for Real. Not the case.

There are many posters basically suggestingit's over and he's signed for Real. Not the case.
No ones is suggesting he's signed for Madrid. Fact is always that Madrid are comfortably his biggest priority.

I tend to agree we need a decision, we can't be held in stasis while Madrid decide if they want to pay for him and he's holding out for them to up their offer.
As told, we have a special fund for him, so if he gives the green light, we get him irrespective of any other ongoing or pending business.

Give him a deadline and pressure him to make a decision. What good is a player who takes months to make a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.