Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Madrid will 'reluctantly' put in a lowball offer near the end of the window.

Lille will be relieved he won't leave for free in a year.

Yoro will feel he's done right by Lille.

That's my guess anyway.

Not for one second I believe Yoro is gonna sit out his contract to move on free to Madrid next season that's just posturing , he will leave Lille for certain this season just but where that's still up in the air .

But the faux outrage regarding Madrid is kind of funny when is 34 million for a youngster with a year left on his contract considered derisory .

Yes, with the jewel of the crown. It's just that they typically don't have a single year left on their contracts, because that's a very dumb situation to allow if it can be avoided.

United bought Sancho for €85m, with 2 years remaining. Do you think the fee would be the same if he only had a year left? It would of course be lower. The reason it would be lower is because Dortmund would be in a much weaker position to negotiate, and the reason for that is that if no deal then they'd lose him for free the year after. There is no difference between the low, mid or high end of the market, that only affects the numbers involved. That's why two players in similar positions, Kambwala and Yoro, are going for €10m and 40/50, respectively.
The fee set is in accordance with him being in the last year of his deal, one which we've agreed to without hesitation. I've commented on the situation Lille find themselves in, at the same time, they clearly never expected to get fecked over by a product they've invested so much time, money and effort into. And odds are it's not Yoro doing the fecking, which is also a gross violation of the 'code' you don't believe exists.

The player wants Madrid; there's absolutely no need for them to have it so they're strongarming the club with threats of the player running down his contract so they can pay way under market value with the undercurrent of said threat.

There's never a time to compare a Kambwala with a Yoro; it's a different world outlined by different parameters and playbook - elite player comparison is what's viable, and I take on board clubs rarely find themselves in this situation with them, but here I refer to what I have written above about that.

He was always going to Madrid. He's been twerking at them for a while and come on, where do you go? Biggest club on the planet or a fallen giant who finished 8th and kept that manager on?

I would really like us to go for Hancko. Nightmare situation is if we end up with Branflake instead!

The fee set is in accordance with him being in the last year of his deal, one which we've agreed to without hesitation. I've commented on the situation Lille find themselves in, at the same time, they clearly never expected to get fecked over by a product they've invested so much time, money and effort into. And odds are it's not Yoro doing the fecking, which is also a gross violation of the 'code' you don't believe exists.

The player wants Madrid; there's absolutely no need for them to have it so they're strongarming the club with threats of the player running down his contract so they can pay way under market value with the undercurrent of said threat.

There's never a time to compare a Kambwala with a Yoro; it's a different world outlined by different parameters and playbook - elite player comparison is what's viable, and I take on board clubs rarely find themselves in this situation with them, but here I refer to what I have written above about that.

Yes, some clubs value players higher than others. That's, again, completely normal.

If Yoro had a longer contract, then there's no way in hell they would've accepted our bid either. We are doing the exact same thing as Madrid, we are trying to capitalize on Lille's weak position, getting them to accept a low bid because if they don't then they lose him for free next year. That Madrid's bid is a little bit lower doesn't change that, that's exactly the same as it would have been bidding 80m vs 90m with a longer contract. Or buying de Ligt for a lower sum than PSG would have been willing to pay.

Lille is also not getting fecked over, that's completely absurd. They cheaped out and didn't want to pay their star, they fecked him over if anything.

I agree with your point but they recruit well whilst clubs like us have spent our money on absolute shite. I mean we’re funding their spending by signing their castoffs (Casemiro, Varane)

I agree with your point, but the reason they recruit well is b/c players know with RM they’re going to be consistently playing in CL Finals and winning La Liga and so they attract the best talent. It’s a cyclical thing.

It’s strange to me that the US is typically considered more capitalistic than Europe and yet they’ve figured out that for sports it’s best to introduce a model that evens the playing field to allow for better competition.

If the Tweet is to believed, the one party who should feel aggrieved is Lille because he is made to sound like he is prepared to feck them over to get his move to Madrid. Imagine one of the best players you’ve ever produced turning round and showing his gratitude by running down his contract so that you get nothing for him when he moves on. That has got to sting and bring an element of disappointment in the player.

If it is indeed true, Madrid won’t even have to offer fair compensation to procure the player, let alone a fee that ends this amicably.

All teams chasing Yoro not named Madrid know it’s a speculative effort and that if he doesn’t come to them that that was always likely to be the case, no hard feelings, but Lille? That’s another story.
I can't really see how it's the player's fault. If the club of your dreams wants to sign you but are lowballing your current club with their offer, what are you supposed to do? Sign an extension and potentially jeopardize said move? Agree to a move to a (sadly) inferior project that offers your current club more money?

He's not throwing any tantrums, missing training sessions etc. I'm not sure why players are expected to put the financial well-being of an organization (especially if it's not in a huge trouble — like Lazio was when Nesta agreed to get sold to Milan to help them out) ahead of their own career perspectives.

Yes, some clubs value players higher than others. That's, again, completely normal.

If Yoro had a longer contract, then there's no way in hell they would've accepted our bid either. We are doing the exact same thing as Madrid, we are trying to capitalize on Lille's weak position, getting them to accept a low bid because if they don't then they lose him for free next year. That Madrid's bid is a little bit lower doesn't change that, that's exactly the same as it would have been bidding 80m vs 90m with a longer contract. Or buying de Ligt for a lower sum than PSG would have been willing to pay.

Lille is also not getting fecked over, that's completely absurd. They cheaped out and didn't want to pay their star, they fecked him over if anything.
I don't think this is true at all. I don't even think the LFP allows them to offer him a longer contract until he was 18 and Madrid had already turned his head by then. I remember something about them only be able to offer 3 year deals a while ago and a recent change meant they could offer 18 year olds 5 year deals.

Truth to be told, we just did the same to Milan with Zirkzee. He was about to sign for them and then we just stole him. Big fish《bigger fish《 fecking killer whale.
I'm pretty sure that they've decided against signing him before we went hard for him as they weren't ready to pay ludicrous agent fees on top of the release clause.

I'm pretty sure that they've decided against signing him before we went hard for him as they weren't ready to pay ludicrous agent fees on top of the release clause.
They were highly interested. They confirmed it. Agent fee would be negotiated at the end. As it always is.

Not for one second I believe Yoro is gonna sit out his contract to move on free to Madrid next season that's just posturing , he will leave Lille for certain this season just but where that's still up in the air .

But the faux outrage regarding Madrid is kind of funny when is 34 million for a youngster with a year left on his contract considered derisory .

All the recent Mbappé shenanigans probably is a cautionary tale for clubs about lost battles.

Alphonso Davies is doing exactly this. Not signing a new deal at Bayern and joining Madrid on a free next summer. Davies and Yoro on free transfers next summer. After getting Mbappe on a free. Gotta hand it to them, they are smashing it out of the park.

Alphonso Davies is doing exactly this. Not signing a new deal at Bayern and joining Madrid on a free next summer. Davies and Yoro on free transfers next summer. After getting Mbappe on a free. Gotta hand it to them, they are smashing it out of the park.
And after getting Rudiger on free. And Alaba.
That is complete top class defence bought for zero $.

There's absolutely no new news and yet people on here are acting as if it's the doom itself. Maybe at least wait for an update?

€125m signing bonus and 80% of his image rights. It’s just a huge fee with a different name.

I think Madrid will 'reluctantly' put in a lowball offer near the end of the window.

Lille will be relieved he won't leave for free in a year.

Yoro will feel he's done right by Lille.

That's my guess anyway.

Maybe some Castilla player thrown in who wants to start for Lille.

Thing is Davies has already made some decent money playing football while Yoro hasn't so he has kind of buffer to take the risk of playing without the contract .

Getting Mbappe without the transfer fee has more to do with Mbappe than Madrid to be honest .

The only reason they can do that is because Yoro has a single year left on his contract. Do you know what Everton did? They offered Branthwaite more money, so he now has 3 years remaining. At the cost of higher wages, Everton has a stronger position to negotiate from. We live in this absurd world where a club like Lille can pay their top talent absolute shit, let him run down his contract because they're very happy having a first team player bossing their defense for €7k per week while Branthwaite got bumped from £15k to £35k, and then somehow find it outrageous that this leaves them with less bargaining power when negotiating a transfer.

Once again there's this absurd football logic where absolute loyalty is expected from players, while zero is given in return. It has been extremely obvious that Lille has been underpaying Yoro, because they could. Now that might possibly lose them €10m, or €40m if they push it too much. That's on them.

Well said, we're currently benefitting from this but if he was considered a 'jewel' to them then he was certainly not treated as such over there given his contract situation. We aren't telling him to sit run out his contract in order to get him free but we aren't valuing him as highly as Manchester United.

In the past something similar happened with Mbappe on his last year of contract we wanted to buy rather than tell him to run out the contract but PSG refused to sell so there's that. I'm sure a lot of people were happy that he resigned with PSG and turned us down.

Checked this guy in Whoscored and his strength is passing but his weakness is tackling.
That is like a a striker having scoring goals as a weakness.
If the bloke has said no to us then we should take the offer off the table and move on.
We do not have to be the transfer Police and leave the offer there just to keep Magreed honest.

Checked this guy in Whoscored and his strength is passing but his weakness is tackling.
If the bloke has said no to us then we should take the offer off the table and move on.
We do not have to be the transfer Police and leave the offer there just to keep Magreed honest.

I haven't see Yoro play, so I'm commenting in general. Tackling cannot be seen in isolation. For eg, AWB is a great tackler but a poor defender. Particularly in CB, if defenders have the awareness and positioning to be able to contain the attack, tackling is rendered insignificant.

I haven't see Yoro play, so I'm commenting in general. Tackling cannot be seen in isolation. For eg, AWB is a great tackler but a poor defender. Particularly in CB, if defenders have the awareness and positioning to be able to contain the attack, tackling is rendered insignificant.
Poor defender?
Did you watch the FA Cup final.
Tackling insignificant?..that is funny.

We live in this absurd world where a club like Lille can pay their top talent absolute shit, let him run down his contract because they're very happy having a first team player bossing their defense for €7k per week

Not sure about the salary Yoro is on with Lille, but on the contract length, I think the fifa rules prohibits clubs in Europe from giving contracts to under 18 for a period longer than 3 years, and in 2022, Lille offered him that contract right after his debut with Lille's first team as a 16 yo, at that time they must have offered him a normal youth contract at that low salary, they didn't expect his metroic rise and I certain they offered him long term contract the moment he turned 18 but by then I guess Madrid already tapped him up, we can't blame Lille for not offering a higher salary and longer contract to Yoro as they weren't able to do so legally

He passes very safe, and it’s not considered his particular strength, though he’s accurate. His positioning is very good, so he doesn’t need to tackle very much. Calafat, Real Madrids head scout has deemed Yoro to be a “must-buy,” and that should tell you what you need to know more than a quick look at Whoscored tackling stats.

We are not, in any way, doing the same thing as Madrid! We even have a "special fund" set up in pursuit of this kid - Lille could set a price a good deal more than they have and have negotiations start from there and they'd still come out the other end with the money. I am sure we'd not be the only ones "happy" to deal at more than what Lille have asked for, either.

Lille can be called naïve. Another side of that coin is they didn't see this coming because they didn't expect it of a player they've raised and looked after, and, I'm pretty sure, have treated like golden boys/jewels in the crown get treated because of their exceptional ability. Others have cited contract law, but I think it's simpler than that, even: they didn't see the angle coming. If "Mainoo" (his camp) had done the same to us, after being raised from the ground up by the club, we'd be stunned. Fortunately for us, we swim with sharks in the mean waters of one of, if not the most, bent and underhand league there is, so we are street savvy and wouldn't find ourselves in the same position from a legal/contractual POV, but emotional and in-house, from the trust and belief in the player, aspect? We'd be crestfallen and not see such a move coming from one of our own.

We're going to end up going around in circles because I fundamentally disagree with the angle from which you perceive this - that it 'happens all the time' and is normal practice. No, it isn't. And there are few times when a club will be classed a pariah for their actions, and this is one of them, for me.

Last edited:
I can't really see how it's the player's fault. If the club of your dreams wants to sign you but are lowballing your current club with their offer, what are you supposed to do? Sign an extension and potentially jeopardize said move? Agree to a move to a (sadly) inferior project that offers your current club more money?

He's not throwing any tantrums, missing training sessions etc. I'm not sure why players are expected to put the financial well-being of an organization (especially if it's not in a huge trouble — like Lazio was when Nesta agreed to get sold to Milan to help them out) ahead of their own career perspectives.
The 'or else' holds his club to ransom, that's where it's "his" fault, and the reality is, it's not an 18-year old being an evil genius, but rather his camp who will make sure they get what they want by bending Lille's arm behind their back. So there doesn't need to be any tantrums or misconduct, in fact, running down his contract is only unethical whilst being perfectly within his rights to do.

It's just raw tapping up. The worst kind. Just doesn't sit well with me when executed like this.

He passes very safe, and it’s not considered his particular strength, though he’s accurate. His positioning is very good, so he doesn’t need to tackle very much. Calafat, Real Madrids head scout has deemed Yoro to be a “must-buy,” and that should tell you what you need to know more than a quick look at Whoscored tackling stats.
Why don't they pay a decent price for him then instead of carrying on like the shithouse organisation that they are.

They probably had the same for Rio. Yet he was a world class defender

He was always going to Madrid. He's been twerking at them for a while and come on, where do you go? Biggest club on the planet or a fallen giant who finished 8th and kept that manager on?

Should you, a highly-rated French youngster, move to the French Friendship Club (Mbappe, Camavinga, and Tchouameni) or should you move to the club that makes French players cry (Pogba, Martial, Varane). Much to ponder.

I don't understand how Madrid never get any blowback for constantly behaving like this. In any other form of business constantly bullying other entities by threatening to just take their assets would reflect badly on Madrid and lead to negative consequences, like with other clubs refusing to do business with them in future.

Because Real Madrid doesn't really do this all that often. They usually just pay a big fee. The free transfers have been mostly on players who were near 30 and looking for their last big payday.

Not sure about the salary Yoro is on with Lille, but on the contract length, I think the fifa rules prohibits clubs in Europe from giving contracts to under 18 for a period longer than 3 years, and in 2022, Lille offered him that contract right after his debut with Lille's first team as a 16 yo, at that time they must have offered him a normal youth contract at that low salary, they didn't expect his metroic rise and I certain they offered him long term contract the moment he turned 18 but by then I guess Madrid already tapped him up, we can't blame Lille for not offering a higher salary and longer contract to Yoro as they weren't able to do so legally
Yes, this it what I was trying to get at. Well put.

People who watch him said heading.
With Yoro, if he reads the game as well as Rio, tackling will not be needed extensively
Why are you comparing him to one of the best defenders we have seen in England?

Status
Not open for further replies.