Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an important part of the post. He hasn't shown nearly enough for the hype he's getting, and your post was a good example of that hype.

He looks good for his age. Positionally strong, hasnt shown much on the ball as takes the safe option most of the time. That's about it so far, but he is being talked about here as some sort of generational talent. He might be, but it's far from certain.
The hype comes from who is in for him and the lengths they are prepared to go to to acquire the talent. Your or my assessment are grains of sand on a beach relative to that.

And most of these extremely highly rated young talents are proving their mettle and worth these days, which makes them doubly interesting to follow before they make the leap.

Game might be game, but Lille evidently didn’t even realise they were playing. They do now, and protocols will change at that club, but it’s still sad they are now embroiled in the cynicism and have been made to look naive and innocent by someone they didn’t think would do this to them, evidently.

I mean, from the perspective of the player - do you know how crazy/risky it is to be playing without a renewal going into your last contractual year? One bad injury and your livelihood's done. It's all "poor Lille" now, but man

I just can't find it in me to begrudge players for looking after themselves/their careers. Football clubs often cut academy players without any planning/care/support for what they're going to do next - there are pieces on some of these players/kids becoming suicidal, etc. At senior level, again, one bad run of form and you start being shopped about to Narnia and beyond

I mean, from the perspective of the player - do you know how crazy/risky it is to be playing without a renewal going into your last contractual year? One bad injury and your livelihood's done. It's all "poor Lille" now, but man

I just can't find it in me to begrudge players for looking after themselves/their careers. Football clubs often cut academy players without any planning/care/support for what they're going to do next - there are pieces on some of these players/kids becoming suicidal, etc. At senior level, again, one bad run of form and you start being shopped about to Narnia and beyond
I don't know about 'poor Lille' as opposed to aggrieved or pissed off Lille; I just think it's a crazy turn of events from what would have been a collective happiness throughout the club regarding his progress and development.

Being prepared to risk it all, and having handlers who are OK with that stinks of bad management. At 18, most aren't equipped with a shrewd, longer term scope, and I would suspect Yoro is no different to that.

No argument from me about how clubs discard those who they believe won't make it, and if looked at holistically, the karmic wheel might be seen to have bitten them on the ass here.

Madrid has a competitive advantage over everyone else. Sucks, but that’s reality I guess. Can’t stand that bunch (but for the years they prevented Pool & City winning the UCL :lol:).

Madrid has a competitive advantage over everyone else. Sucks, but that’s reality I guess. Can’t stand that bunch (but for the years they prevented Pool & City winning the UCL :lol:).
Truth to be told, we just did the same to Milan with Zirkzee. He was about to sign for them and then we just stole him. Big fish《bigger fish《 fecking killer whale.

Truth to be told, we just did the same to Milan with Zirkzee. He was about to sign for them and then we just stole him. Big fish《bigger fish《 fecking killer whale.
Yeah, i guess ultimately it’s about money & success for most of these footballers. And Madrid can basically afford what English clubs can and they have that Madrid allure - history and current success. Not to mention the geography as well :lol:

Oh well. Life’s never fair, as you say.

Remember 18 months ago when Guillem Balague was on CBS bemoaning the fact that the PL now has more money and consequently more pulling power than the Spanish clubs? Looking back, who was he even trying to fool with that pity party? :lol:

Remember 18 months ago when Guillem Balague was on CBS bemoaning the fact that the PL now has more money and consequently more pulling power than the Spanish clubs? Looking back, who was he even trying to fool with that pity party? :lol:
I was actually thinking about it. Will he cry about anticompetitive nature of madrid?

Is this goofy fecker really that good? It's embarrassing trying to sign a player that's so obviously wanting to sign for another team.

It's been obvious for months that he doesn't want to come here, and that he wants Real Madrid. What's the point?
We finished 8th. There are very few players that would prefer us at the moment in an outright shootout between United and Real. Should we stop trying to sign players altogether?

Does Football Manager have easy mode? Because that must be what its like to manage Real Madrid. Seemingly endless cash, insane pulling power - every player in the world will screw over their childhood club if it means giving you a free transfer and your player pools are so talented that tactics barely matter in competitions like the Champions League.
Lot of players go there and do eff all tbh. Guler has gone there and will do naff all. You have a lot of young players going there (don't blame them) but it's not good for their careers.

If the Tweet is to believed, the one party who should feel aggrieved is Lille because he is made to sound like he is prepared to feck them over to get his move to Madrid. Imagine one of the best players you’ve ever produced turning round and showing his gratitude by running down his contract so that you get nothing for him when he moves on. That has got to sting and bring an element of disappointment in the player.

If it is indeed true, Madrid won’t even have to offer fair compensation to procure the player, let alone a fee that ends this amicably.

All teams chasing Yoro not named Madrid know it’s a speculative effort and that if he doesn’t come to them that that was always likely to be the case, no hard feelings, but Lille? That’s another story.

Alternatively, another party that could feel aggrieved is Yoro. Here is an 18 year old defender, with one full season of senior football, getting an offer from his preferred club which would be the fourth biggest in Lille's history. That deal is being dragged out, while the club is pressuring this kid to alter his career plans, because they want to squeeze out a few extra millions.

Hadn’t he already agreed terms with Milan, but they refused to pay the commission to 10m euro commission to the agent, which is why that deal had hit an impasse.

Hadn’t he already agreed terms with Milan, but they refused to pay the commission to 10m euro commission to the agent, which is why that deal had hit an impasse.
Think it was 15 for them and we did it for 10, probably because we're paying higher wages.

Alternatively, another party that could feel aggrieved is Yoro. Here is an 18 year old defender, with one full season of senior football, getting an offer from his preferred club which would be the fourth biggest in Lille's history. That deal is being dragged out, while the club is pressuring this kid to alter his career plans, because they want to squeeze out a few extra millions.
It's not a few though is it? It's Madrid strong arming into lowballing, which, for a crown in the jewel talent, is beyond offensive.

We'd be outraged if the same thing was happening to us.

Madrid are leveraging dreams. Freddie would be impressed. As top dog, they can do as they please, but it doesn't mean noses aren't put out of joint left, right and centre.

It's not a few though is it? It's Madrid strong arming into lowballing, which, for a crown in the jewel talent, is beyond offensive.

We'd be outraged if the same thing was happening to us.

Madrid are leveraging dreams. Freddie would be impressed. As top dog, they can do as they please, but it doesn't mean noses aren't put out of joint left, right and centre.

Madrid had offered around €40m, that's a lot. Lille are pressuring him because they want 50. He responds with using the leverage that he has: his contract is running out. Lille are the ones risking losing the money, because they're playing a game where they hope to either pressure Madrid to up their already high bid, or Yoro to do something he doesn't want to do.

Of course we would be outraged if it happened to us, because football fans are all irrational idiots. United fans are currently outraged that Everton doesn't seem to be biting at our naked attempt to unsettle Brantwaithe. We're placing bids we know they won't even consider, in the hope that he'll cause a stink. Real being Real to Lille is horrible on the part of Real, while United being Real to Everton is bad on the part of Everton.

Madrid had offered around €40m, that's a lot. Lille are pressuring him because they want 50. He responds with using the leverage that he has: his contract is running out. Lille are the ones risking losing the money, because they're playing a game where they hope to either pressure Madrid to up their already high bid, or Yoro to do something he doesn't want to do.

Of course we would be outraged if it happened to us, because football fans are all irrational idiots. United fans are currently outraged that Everton doesn't seem to be biting at our naked attempt to unsettle Brantwaithe. We're placing bids we know they won't even consider, in the hope that he'll cause a stink. Real being Real to Lille is horrible on the part of Real, while United being Real to Everton is bad on the part of Everton.

Eh? Most of the reports are saying they only offered around €20m, which is why Lille are pissed off. If there was only €10m difference this probably wouldn't be such a big issue.

Pretty sure this is dead in the water., and we shouldn't be pursuing players that don't want to be here any more.

Eh? Most of the reports are saying they only offered around €20m, which is why Lille are pissed off. If there was only €10m difference this probably wouldn't be such a big issue.

Which reports, FootMercato? That's when that figure started getting talked about, as far as I can see. Sources familiar with Real Madrid say 40, and that Lille is holding out for more.

Reports from Spain are that Lille were about to accept €40m from Real Madrid for him and are now using the €50m offer from Manchester United to ask Madrid for more, option that Madrid have refused. The same sources say Lille normally do this kind of things: looking like they are going to take a deal to pull out at the last minute, a bit like Levy at Spurs. Which is fair if you benefit the interests of the club you work for, if you ask me.

Have I missed something? Why is everyone acting like it's over?

A few tweets last night, I think, from supposedly reliable Spanish sources saying Yoro had told Lille he wants Madrid and so they've been forced to start negotiating, which will probably bring the price down a bit.

They're mostly Madrid sources though, so make what you will of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.