Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the exact figure but according to Romano we've had a bid accepted around the 40-50m mark? Maybe more?

You'd think that would have to price Real Madrid out considering this isn't going to be one of their marquee signings and they've just paid God knows what in agent fees and wages for Mbappe too. But they do seem to always find money from nowhere when they need it.
It's not about the club it's about Madrid convincing the player, he only has one year left in his contract so they'll surely try to sweeten Yoro's ear and try twist Lille into accepting a lower offer while threatening if they don't then Yoro would simply run his contract out and they'll get him for free next year.

I know we have the bid accepted by Lille and I doubt Madrid is willing to match that 50M fee but the hardest part will be to convince the player to join us when Madrid's interested.

Just wish he would make up his mind, if he only wants Madrid, that’s perfectly fine.
He already decided (Real) and he is waiting on them to raise an offer. We are Yoro's plan B. But Real are stalling with offer. They can just wait that we switch back to Branthwaite and then they will jump in with 20 mil offer.

It's probably going to drag on for quite a while tbh. Lille will be rejecting lowballs from RM for a while and United will be working to convince the player in the background. Few potential paths sorted by probability:

- RM make a lowball but good enough offer for Lille to accept. He'll move on to RM.
- He accepts the United offer and joins us because he wants Lille to make decent money from his sale.
- He stays at Lille and goes to RM for free next year

He seems like a nice kid, I don't think he'd screw Lille over this way but who knows if scumbag agents get into his head?

It's probably going to drag on for quite a while tbh. Lille will be rejecting lowballs from RM for a while and United will be working to convince the player in the background. Few potential paths sorted by probability:

- RM make a lowball but good enough offer for Lille to accept. He'll move on to RM.
- He accepts the United offer and joins us because he wants Lille to make decent money from his sale.
- He stays at Lille and goes to RM for free next year

He seems like a nice kid, I don't think he'd screw Lille over this way but who knows if scumbag agents get into his head?
Mendes is his agent, not a stranger to the dark arts

Pogba clearly had a lot of affection for United, though. It's different for every player, but he was one who could be convinced.
He was already at United and left for free to Juventus. He just followed the money. As you can probably tell, I am not a fan of his.

He was already at United and left for free to Juventus. He just followed the money. As you can probably tell, I am not a fan of his.

He wasted 6 years of his prime for a dead end United project because we were going absolutely nowhere under the Glazers. He could've gotten the money elsewhere too, he moved to us at 23 and was one of the best players in the world already. Obviously he wouldn't have joined us for low wages, but no one would have, so that would be a weird argument against him.

I think it’s interesting the player responded to a fake account saying something along the lines of “United leave me alone, I only want real”

by stressing it wasn’t his account and calling the fake account a psycho.

We can offer him the opportunity to go down in the same league as Busby babes, class of 92, players like Cantona, Keane , Hughes, Bruce etc if he is part of the players that return United back to the top and is our CB for 10 plus years. We can also agree that if within 3-4 years, he’ll be 22, United are not successful we will sell him for a reasonable fee.

if he joins an already winning team he won’t ever achieve the same legendary status. Look at our own players that joined after United had already become successful under SAF, still rated but not as legendary.

And RM don’t really even do player appreciation like we do. Doubt they even sing Ronaldo’s name during matches.

Ye but I was more stating about the potential 3 CBs we are after. It gives us another option. Plus with the addition of another ST. Amad will rarely start games, Mount will never be played out wide. So that leaves Rashford and Antony?
Amad is like Mainoo several months ago. Few realise how good he really is and how good he can be.

Amad is like Mainoo several months ago. Few realise how good he really is and how good he can be.
All depends if ETH will show him faith to start him on the right regular but Garnacho made that position his own at the end of last season. He won’t get in the team ahead of Rashford or Garnacho.

Took Varane 3 years to be in the starting 11. Realistically the same would apply for Yoro, looking at Militao and Rudiger (I’m assuming Alaba is done for).

He could get way more minutes at United, so that is another thing to take into consideration.

Despite he would still prefer us, it makes more sense medium and long term. We won't run him to the ground right away and he will have more time to settle and develop, so I think that's a much better enviorment for a young promise.

Who are central defenders in Real? Militao-Rudiger are undisputed first pair, Alaba is first backup? Who is 4th choice?

He wasted 6 years of his prime for a dead end United project because we were going absolutely nowhere under the Glazers. He could've gotten the money elsewhere too, he moved to us at 23 and was one of the best players in the world already. Obviously he wouldn't have joined us for low wages, but no one would have, so that would be a weird argument against him.

You offered more money to Juventus than what Real Madrid was willing to pay for him, and I'm sure he was also earning more money there than we would had initially offered him. He wanted out of United though but Real Madrid wasn't willing to pay what United asked him. In the end it was a bad transfer for United but I don't feel sorry for him.

All depends if ETH will show him faith to start him on the right regular but Garnacho made that position his own at the end of last season. He won’t get in the team ahead of Rashford or Garnacho.
Deserves it way ahead of Rashford.

Who are central defenders in Real? Militao-Rudiger are undisputed first pair, Alaba is first backup? Who is 4th choice?
Alaba we don't know when will be back. Right now it's just Rudi and Militao, plus Tchouameni, maybe Mendy, and kids

Latest information from Ricardo Ramos Neira (the first person who informed about Real Madrid interest in Yoro in September/October 2023.
Very reliable when it comes to Real Madrid, especially regarding Portuguese market (Mendes is Yoro's agent).

1.Lille leaked information about the offer from United to put pressure on Madrid. The offer is not from this week, it was made a week/2 week ago. (Fabrizio as usual doesn't have a clue about Real Madrid)
2.Even before that leak, Madrid had already increased the offer (something around €35M + add-ons). They want to sign him before their preseason in the USA. His signing is a priority given Militao's and Alaba's health problems
3. Madrid have a total agreement with the player. An important person from Madrid says that Yoro will sign for them 100%.

Latest information from Ricardo Ramos Neira (the first person who informed about Real Madrid interest in Yoro in September/October 2023.
Very reliable when it comes to Real Madrid, especially regarding Portuguese market (Mendes is Yoro's agent).

1.Lille leaked information about the offer from United to put pressure on Madrid. The offer is not from this week, it was made a week/2 week ago. (Fabrizio as usual doesn't have a clue about Real Madrid)
2.Even before that leak, Madrid had already increased the offer (something around €35M + add-ons). They want to sign him before their preseason in the USA. His signing is a priority given Militao's and Alaba's health problems
3. Madrid have a total agreement with the player. An important person from Madrid says that Yoro will sign for them 100%.
Well, that is us fecked then.

So basically he’s waiting until Madrid pull out to say yes to us. We shouldn’t be 2nd best for any player. Especially since we’ve shown we want him more than Madrid by paying up straight away.

So basically he’s waiting until Madrid pull out to say yes to us. We shouldn’t be 2nd best for any player. Especially since we’ve shown we want him more than Madrid by paying up straight away.
I’d see your point if it was Liverpool or city. But I don’t blame a player for wanting Madrid as their first choice personally. I’d still be delighted with the signing even if it is just because Madrid are forced to pull out

I was always expecting that Real would cough up the money Lille wants eventually, or match our offer. The Lille president publicly backing United is just another pressure point against Real, to speed up the offer. He is too good of a player, Real knows this, in order to let it slip. Plus they have half the French national team in Real, Mendy, Mbappe, Thouameni, and Camavinga. He will fit like a glove. But I do admire INEOS for trying, we have to be in the running for players like him. Sometimes you will win, and sometimes you will learn.

In normal circumstances I’d agree but we’re a recovering mess still. We can’t be scared of rejection.

At least we did all by the book. Entered the race, quickly agreed fee and sent an offer to player.
No player will turn down Real. It is as it is. Only question (hope) is what they offered him and what was our offer (about playing time).

I’d see your point if it was Liverpool or city. But I don’t blame a player for wanting Madrid as their first choice personally. I’d still be delighted with the signing even if it is just because Madrid are forced to pull out
Ye true. I also see your point. I just hope he makes a decision soon. He would be my 1st choice CB over the other 2 aswell.

At least we did all by the book. Entered the race, quickly agreed fee and sent an offer to player.
No player will turn down Real. It is as it is. Only question (hope) is what they offered him and what was our offer (about playing time).
Real haven't really agreed a fee with lille as of yet so if he wants to leave this season he may factor us into the equation.

In normal circumstances I’d agree but we’re a recovering mess still. We can’t be scared of rejection.

I think the truth is that people are only saying rational things like this because they have this new owner excitement. I’m almost certain that an identical set of circumstances under our previous regime would be labelled incompetent, embarrassing and of course - evidence of a ‘poorly run club’. Now half the internet are getting excited that we’re bidding for and buying players as it is seemingly some sort of new thing for Manchester United.

Can't blame him for picking Madrid but it still hurts. Still praying that they decide not to cough up the money for him.

Can't blame him for picking Madrid but it still hurts. Still praying that they decide not to cough up the money for him.
Why does it hurt? Everyone knows his preference, it doesn’t dissuade them from throwing their hat in the ring. If it doesn’t come off, so what? It wasn’t “meant” to in the first place; this is essentially a speculative punt at a stellar talent. Accept it for what it is. I’m happy we’re shooting our shot regardless of outcome.

He prefers Madrid. But apparently he is not against the idea of United.

The kid could have a hamstring tear this Fall at Lille and Madrid may back out, or offer lower terms completely. Say he has a bad knee injury and since he messed with Lille, they sign him to an extension on much lower terms than they would have.

A year is a long time, and massive talent or not, he is not an established player like Mbappe who has lower risk running contracts down.

What Madrid are trying to get kids to do to save a little money is kinda sick.

I hope United win this one

Status
Not open for further replies.