Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

So it's no longer Madrid or nothing...

I'm still not believing...but imagine Ineos convince the biggest U21 defender prospect on the planet to choose United over Real Madrid. Would be the biggest statement of intent I can realistically think of.

Also, I thought PSG and Liverpool were more attractive than United according to some posters on here a few days ago? Or maybe I was right again...

I think it'd be more like Evans instead of Maguire as we'll surely need to offload him and his wages if Branthwaite or Yoro were to join De Ligt

I think it will come down to Maguire and what he wants to do. If he decides to sit on the last year of his massive contract and walk as a free agent next year, he can do that.

There's no way all four get injured at the same time right? That's a once in a decade type thing. I remember the one season under Fergie when he had random midfielders (Fletch, Carrick etc.) to cover for injuries and the last season under Ten Hag was a close second.

If you’d of asked me the same question previously id of said no way.. but coming off the back of last season.. it’s possible!

I'm still not believing...but imagine Ineos convince the biggest U21 defender prospect on the planet to choose United over Real Madrid. Would be the biggest statement of intent I can realistically think of.

It's not really that black and white, I don't think. Sure, it would be nice to bag him, but most reports are saying Real is telling him to wait, and that's what's giving us a chance. I believe we tried the same with Gusto and he ended up moving to Chelsea rather than waiting for us. I don't think that translates to well to a simple "choosing X over Y". Football career is short and at risk every time players step on the pitch, so waiting isn't always the best move.

Hopefully we get him though

It's actually crazy to think that this deal could be done in the space of one phone call if Yoro believes our fast approach and opportunity to develop is worth it.

It now just sits with him and whether hoping for Madrid to come in or waiting another season so Madrid get him for free is worth it.

Not having to worry about the club-to-club discussions on this one is fantastic. I'm loving INEOS's work right now.

Took Varane 3 years to be in the starting 11. Realistically the same would apply for Yoro, looking at Militao and Rudiger (I’m assuming Alaba is done for).

He could get way more minutes at United, so that is another thing to take into consideration.

would love to see the young lad come to United but the lure of Spain and wearing that All White is going to be hard for him to turn down

Still having Maguire and Lindelof on the books could put him off as well. From his point of view, having those two gone means regular starter. Not having them sold means, maybe not.

Still having Maguire and Lindelof on the books could put him off as well. From his point of view, having those two gone means regular starter. Not having them sold means, maybe not.

It's the same case at Madrid tbf

Presently Real have 3 CL winning starters ahead of him in the pecking order at his position so he'll have to be okay with being a squad option at the start at least, for now no matter where his next step up is.

Reports have us being willing to sell both Maguire and Lindelof this window as well so no guarantee that they'll both still be here come the end of the window

I think one or both of them will get sold this summer

We’re signing him because they’re going. I’m sure he’s been made aware of that.

Saying they're going and them actually going are two different things.

Maguire made it impossible to sell him last summer.

We’re signing him because they’re going. I’m sure he’s been made aware of that.
Have there even been any strong rumours of them being linked to other clubs?

Wanting rid of players doesn't equate to them leaving, we know that all too well.

Have there even been any strong rumours of them being linked to other clubs?

Wanting rid of players doesn't equate to them leaving, we know that all too well.

Wasn’t Lindelof being linked with a reunion with Jose in Turkey? Has that all gone quiet?

Club isn't pushing without giving, nor is he signing for United without getting some assurances. Besides, you're not this good at that age without having bags of confidence, and I'm pretty sure he's aware Maguire/Lindelof aren't exactly top shelf competition

I think if you're Leny Yoro and United want to pay £40+ million for you and theres even a rumor that Real Madrid are interested in you, theres not a slight chance that Lindelof is going to play instead of you. That only happens if you're struggling and he comes in and does better. It would obviously be better if someone wants to buy Lindelof while he still has a bit of value left but for any CB who thinks they're good he wont be much competition.

I think if you're Leny Yoro and United want to pay £40+ million for you and theres even a rumor that Real Madrid are interested in you, theres not a slight chance that Lindelof is going to play instead of you. That only happens if you're struggling and he comes in and does better. It would obviously be better if someone wants to buy Lindelof while he still has a bit of value left but for any CB who thinks they're good he wont be much competition.

The new board wants to build to take united to the top. I agree, Linddelof is a squad player, Yoro statistically is as good as it gets as a young defender.

Issue is, if I were Yoro even as a United fan i'd wait a year for Madrid personally.

If United can convince him to join then fair play to INEOS, I can't see it.

Well, club to club would be silly, as it ultimately doesn't matter what the club wants.

You'd think we'd be heavily in his ear too. In fact we must be to have even bothered to bid.

Just once can we have the best years of a player then send him their way when he's on the decline.

"Big part" = sit on the bench behind Militao, Alaba, Rudiger.

It makes more sense to come and become an automatic starter at United and feck off to Madrid in 3-4 years.
They ll kick Alaba to the curb soon enough if they get Yoro. Is Militao injury prone?

Took Varane 3 years to be in the starting 11. Realistically the same would apply for Yoro, looking at Militao and Rudiger (I’m assuming Alaba is done for).

He could get way more minutes at United, so that is another thing to take into consideration.
For me Rudiger is the best centre back in the world going into this new season. But Madrids plan would surely be Yoro as 3rd choice and to take the spot in 2 seasons. Alaba is past it in my opinion and I would be surprised if he is at Madrid for more than another 12 months.

Hmmm does Plettenberg tweet read as De Ligt or Yoro not both as they play same position

Also, I thought PSG and Liverpool were more attractive than United according to some posters on here a few days ago? Or maybe I was right again...
We used to do this by getting Pogba from Juventus ahead of Real Madrid.

Still don’t believe this will happen. Will be really happy if it does.

But surely - Martinez and De Ligt will be starting CB’s when fit.

Getting him while Madrid is interested would be a major major statement.

Of course it wont happen but still.

Still think this is all invented by his agent to force Madrid to offer better terms. Our name is constantly used for such agendas.

Surely Martinez starts and De Ligt wouldn't be signing to sit on another bench, behind Yoro. Not sure we can guarantee him first 11 every week.
Not unless he changes to a back 3 which is highly unlikely. It’s possible though if we lose Sancho and Greenwood and don’t replace them with a winger then a back 3 with 2 upfront might be the way forward.

Not unless he changes to a back 3 which is highly unlikely. It’s possible though if we lose Sancho and Greenwood and don’t replace them with a winger then a back 3 with 2 upfront might be the way forward.

We didn't have Sancho and Greenwood last season as well? There's Rashford Garnacho Amad and Antony, plus Zirkzee and Mount can play in similar roles

This would annoy me as a player, "we really want you, but we'd rather not pay anything for you whilst we're paying €60m for 16 year old Brazilian wonderkids that won't be able to join us for 2 years".

If he does join us over Madrid, he'll be gone by 24 if he proves himself to be at the level that's suggested, but at least he'd get Madrid to pay what he's worth and actually value him.

Branthwaite isn't left-footed, he's right-footed.
He plays so well with his left that you almost can't identify what his is strong foot ?
That's also 1 of the reasons I assume we want him - He could play RCB and LCB if needed

Interesting that you think he was lying to Everton's in-house media to say the contrary. That doesn't speak well to his character. Do we really want to sign someone with such a complete lack of honesty?

We didn't have Sancho and Greenwood last season as well? There's Rashford Garnacho Amad and Antony, plus Zirkzee and Mount can play in similar roles
Ye but I was more stating about the potential 3 CBs we are after. It gives us another option. Plus with the addition of another ST. Amad will rarely start games, Mount will never be played out wide. So that leaves Rashford and Antony?

Status
Not open for further replies.