Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just feck off Madrid, you can have him in 10 years after he’s won multiple titles and CLs with us!
Wishful thinking. It’s usually the opposite. We get their older players after they’ve won multiple titles and CLs :lol:

Well atleast this one won’t drag out. I’m sure a decision will be made by the end of the weekend.

I still have hope he decides to sign. We are showing far more effort.

Would be such a huge boost if we could land this type of talent. But I have that sinking feeling like I did during the Varane and Hazard sweepstakes all those years ago. Sigh.

Ye but I was more stating about the potential 3 CBs we are after. It gives us another option. Plus with the addition of another ST. Amad will rarely start games, Mount will never be played out wide. So that leaves Rashford and Antony?

Disagree on both. But most importantly I don't think we'll play an entirely different system with 3 CB's.

Landing the most talented current CB prospect in Yoro and simultaneously hijacking Real Madrid's transfer would be a big statement, but I don't see it happening, unfortunately. I must praise INEOS for at least trying, though. They've shown more ambition in this window than I expected.

The only advantage we have over Real is that we play in the most popular(by far, I think), best league in the world(and we're arguably the biggest club in that league). If you want the most challenge, attention - you come to the Premier League, that's the current footballing landscape(and why Perez launched the whole Super League project in the first place). But, most players just prefer the Spanish sunshine, guaranteed competition for league and CL trophies every single year(which Real can basically guarantee). Even CL qualification is not a sure thing in the PL for everyone outside of Man City.

There are also certain ethnicities who just vastly prefer Spanish culture over British, and French is probably one of them(also whole Latin America, Italy, Portugal...).
If Yoro was Eastern European, Nordic, American, Asian, probably even African, we would have more of a chance at signing him - because Real is not as popular in these markets(relatively speaking) as in some others that I've mentioned.

Reactions: Fortitude
Saying they're going and them actually going are two different things.

Maguire made it impossible to sell him last summer.
Of course, but last summer we were looking for a fee, it seems this summer we just want players off the books who don't have any value to us, look at Donny. We were holding out for up to £10m to move him in recent years, despite him not being able to prove he's a footballer.

Once we're done signing players you'll see the likes of Maguire and Lindelof leave the club for small fees.

Have there even been any strong rumours of them being linked to other clubs?

Wanting rid of players doesn't equate to them leaving, we know that all too well.
There are currently strong rumours about Maguire and I've heard plenty about Lindelof, but maybe because I'm in Sweden.

Then you factor in that we're currently chasing at least 3 new CB's and the math does itself. We won't be going into next season with 6 CB's.

People in this thread have some serious PTSD from the Ronaldo transfer I think. Just because a player is known to like Madrid it doesn’t mean he’s going to leave us at 24 (if he signs). For all we know when he’s 24, Madrid might have 4 CB’s just as good, or be in financial disarray.

Disagree on both. But most importantly I don't think we'll play an entirely different system with 3 CB's.
How many times did Mount play out wide last season? Amad will play a fair share but I doubt he’s a regular unless he can stay fit and shine.

People in this thread have some serious PTSD from the Ronaldo transfer I think. Just because a player is known to like Madrid it doesn’t mean he’s going to leave us at 24 (if he signs). For all we know when he’s 24, Madrid might have 4 CB’s just as good, or be in financial disarray.
Also, if we get six years out of a player and he’s then considered good enough for Madrid, feck me is that progress over the last decade.

Maybe he just likes rain.

Isn't he in the final year of his contract? I thought that was the reason Madrid were low-balling Lille.

I hope we are able to convince him to join us. He looks to have world class potential. Also, fingers crossed, his signing would mean we are not going for De Ligt.

We need both. Hopefully it means we get rid of Linde and Maguire

Agreed.

Have Madrid made a bid or were they just hoping he'd run down his contract and join them?

Have Madrid made a bid or were they just hoping he'd run down his contract and join them?
I think their tactic is to have Yoro wait out the window, see his club get more desperate to win some fee, and settle for a lower fee for Real to get him in. Or else he'd wait and leave on a free next season.

The narrative from us must be, United is obviously a big club, he can get space to develop too whilst helping his current club out with their financial situation.

Getting him while Madrid is interested would be a major major statement.

Of course it wont happen but still.
Still think this is all invented by his agent to force Madrid to offer better terms. Our name is constantly used for such agendas.

I can't remember the exact figure but according to Romano we've had a bid accepted around the 40-50m mark? Maybe more?

You'd think that would have to price Real Madrid out considering this isn't going to be one of their marquee signings and they've just paid God knows what in agent fees and wages for Mbappe too. But they do seem to always find money from nowhere when they need it.

We need the next Varane. Luckily there are alternatives in the CB market. So no need to get too desperate. Developing Kambwala wouldnt be the worst thing either on top of getting De Ligt and saving money for other transfers.

I can't remember the exact figure but according to Romano we've had a bid accepted around the 40-50m mark? Maybe more?

You'd think that would have to price Real Madrid out considering this isn't going to be one of their marquee signings and they've just paid God knows what in agent fees and wages for Mbappe too. But they do seem to always find money from nowhere when they need it.

Lille would probably be forced to accept a much reduced fee from Real Madrid if Yoro makes it clear to them it's either Real Madrid now or Real Madrid next year for free.

"I'm signing for the Champions League winner"

I w believe this transfer until he has signed the dotted line.

the Madrid play has a very grubby feel about it though but I guess they would argue they are not a charity to benefit other clubs. I heard that they want to wait until January and then offer a crap fee knowing that the player wants to go to them and then at that late stage Lille will have no choice but to accept. I am sure Lille are pissed off with their antics and will do all they can to persuade the lad to come to us.

We need the next Varane. Luckily there are alternatives in the CB market. So no need to get too desperate. Developing Kambwala wouldnt be the worst thing either on top of getting De Ligt and saving money for other transfers.
These aren’t alternatives; they are what you get if the next rungs up opt to go elsewhere. These “Rolls Royce” types don’t come along often - this is the Rio, Varane or Van Dijk class of player, so missing out on him is very different to the cluster of CB’s who are good but interchangeable. That’s when you can bounce from one to the other not too fussed with which one you ultimately get.

We have a ‘special fund’ for this guy, and looking at him, it’s for good reason.

If he sign to us, possible 5+1 years contract. Then he will run out the contract and free hug RM, he will be round age 24 :lol::lol:
And we will see the news for RM chasing him every window

These aren’t alternatives; they are what you get if the next rungs up opt to go elsewhere. These “Rolls Royce” types don’t come along often - this is the Rio, Varane or Van Dijk class of player, so missing out on him is very different to the cluster of CB’s who are good but interchangeable. That’s when you can bounce from one to the other not too fussed with which one you ultimately get.

We have a ‘special fund’ for this guy, and looking at him, it’s for good reason.
I'd add William Saliba to that list. Not on the same level obviously but the playstyle is similar and the potential is clear.

Can this guy make up his mind so we can move on? I've been unzipped for days now.

If he sign to us, possible 5+1 years contract. Then he will run out the contract and free hug RM, he will be round age 24 :lol::lol:
And we will see the news for RM chasing him every window
He'll lose a feck load of money if he decides to run out his contract signed at age 18 given that he'll probably get about 120k/w now.

I am confused that if de ligt is signed, then licha and de ligt will be first choice when fit. Given that the team needs a DM, rw etc, 50m for a 3rd choice cb is too much. Is he a generational talent?

I am confused that if de ligt is signed, then licha and de ligt will be first choice when fit. Given that the team needs a DM, rw etc, 50m for a 3rd choice cb is too much. Is he a generational talent?

Well yes

Isn't what Madrid are doing counted as tapping up?
How can they speak to a player about running his contract down behind his club's back?
Seems very underhanded and sneaky.

Seemingly yes. I can see why people think it's excessive but that high bid is needed for his club to pressure him into joining us.

With a modern premier league schedule and injury rates, I think we all need to accept you have to have three 'first-choice' CBs, not two.

Should be the question. I'm not saying he's a winger, just that he could fill in.
Ye I realised after I put this that he hardly played all together :lol: . Ye fair enough mate he can fill out wide but we’d probably rarely use it. Zirkzee will probably play their more if needed.

Look at how often Licha or de Ligt started

Status
Not open for further replies.