Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, preferring Madrid doesn’t necessarily translate to not wanting United.
Very much this. Sure, his dream might be to play for Real one day, doesn`t mean he wouldn`t be thrilled to be playing for us

We will see what happened. Ian Maatsen made it clear that he wanted to go to Dortmund for example, but they didn’t want to pay for him and Villa did, so he went there. Football from the inside is far less romantic than fans make it out to be.

I guess so. Either personal terms can be agreed and he joins us or RM spends a lot of money and gets him. We have a decent chance to get him

Or nothing happens at all this week.

This wasn’t looking very good till the Yoro post on X.

clearly giving Madrid a move on that it’s not unreal that he will move, and probably has a timeline within which he will accept our offer unless RM up their bid.

their tactic of asking him to run down his contract doesn’t seem like it will work. Also, Yoro will know that Madrid are stocked at CB and this could be a good opportunity to come to a team that will give him much more playing time will trophy opportunities (albeit not as much as Madrid).

I’ll be surprised if an 18 year old super kid doesn’t back himself to get the same deal later from Madrid. Mbappe did the same thing when he moved to PSG.

I read that he’s good - surprisingly many who watch Lille on a regular basis. However, what is he like? Who does he remind of, and what are his strongest attributes? Would I like him?

Considering we officially have a bid accepted I reckon there will be.
We haven’t spent long enough in the ‘preparing’ phase, so it’s highly likely the bid will be faulty - incorrect typeface used in the fax or something.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

I read that he’s good - surprisingly many who watch Lille on a regular basis. However, what is he like? Who does he remind of, and what are his strongest attributes? Would I like him?
Rio junior they call him

How tall is he
Is he press proof
What’s his favourite foot
Does he have any Dutch relatives

The whining in here is so sad that it is almost funny again
“Oh you like him more? How dare you! I deserve so much better than this. Don’t ever speak to me again.” is basically what I’m getting from some of the whining

Who wouldn't want to wait for Real Madrid where he is more or less guaranteed a big trophy every year either La Liga or CL.

Saying that, waiting for the club to come for you in one years' time when you become a free agent is a big risk, what if he gets a bad injury or his form dips off as he is still a young player.

But lets hope we can get this guy.

How tall is he
Is he press proof
What’s his favourite foot
Does he have any Dutch relatives
His play style reminds me of Van Dijk, im not saying he is as good, just in terms of his defensive movement. He plays the "Cover" role as opposed to the "stopper" who would typically step up to break play and make tackles. It is why I think he would form a good partnership with Martinez as Licha likes to step up and break up the play whilst Yoro is a defender who prefers to sweep in behind.

I have only watched him on 4 occasions, but for me his passing is mostly safe. He rarely gives away possession. He is better than Varane, but not as proficient as Licha. He did make and connect with a few long balls though, so I think with development he could be a fairly decent passer.

He is decent in the air, but centre backs usually get much better aerially when they become more experienced and have better timing.

Overall, we would be getting a project. He might have a few shaking months in his first year because he is still an 18 year old defender and if it wasn't for his contract situation, then it wouldve been better for him to get another year of experience in France before making a leap.

However, with his already great reading of the game, and his obvious potential to become world class as a defender who is good on the ball, out of possession, in the air, in tackles and interceptions. Then its a deal we need to make.

He wants only Madrid?
Fine. Off you pop then. Plenty more players out there.

I don't want players here that don't want to be here.
So did Ronny, but I'd never change the years we had him for before he went there. Sometimes players want to mature elsewhere before they go to their dream club. There is every chance we get this deal done and then in 5 years when he's 23/24 we make a killing off him, providing he realises his potential that is.

They didn't, it was Sepp Blatter that said this and Ronaldo agreed. They're operating as they should, the biggest club in the world that doesn't need to offer what other clubs offer (in most cases) because the draw of Real Madrid alone is enough to sway people to favour them.

Ok the honorary Real Madrid member Blatter said that, surely not to help Real Madrid get Ronaldo.

I remember Florentino Perez had some things to say about Ronaldo when he was a United player aswell.

The whining in here is so sad that it is almost funny again
United should go for the best but when it does fans are crying about a player wanting Madrid more.. So we should just let go of every player cause he wants to play for Madrid..

United should go for the best but when it does fans are crying about a player wanting Madrid more.. So we should just let go of every player cause he wants to play for Madrid..

This! We need to be shopping for the same players and making them better offers. That’s the only way to catch up. Get a few players Real wanted and then it starts a trend.

On this transfer it doesn’t seem Real are in any rush. Their media hasn’t said anything about them coming back in with a matching bid yet?

De Ligt and Yoro would be a top defense for a very long time.

If we manage to get him over Real Madrid it's a coup and defining moment I think.

Almost like Robinho going to City the first time, the trademark of a new ownership even though we're obviously the biggest club in England be some distance. Some of the business this window can get us back to the top in the next 3 years to compete again.

If we do pull off a solid foundation I'm expecting top 4 minimum next year.

If we manage to get him over Real Madrid it's a coup and defining moment I think.

Almost like Robinho going to City the first time, the trademark of a new ownership even though we're obviously the biggest club in England be some distance. Some of the business this window can get us back to the top in the next 3 years to compete again.

That's quite some exaggerating. You're talking about an 18-year old with one good season under his belt and a guy who didn't succeed in Serie A and who Bayern Munich are happy to let go when he supposedly should enter his prime years. I doubt a Yoro - De Ligt core in the middle of your defense will be feared by the likes of Haaland and Watkins.

"If we manage to get him over Real Madrid it's a coup and defining moment I think.". Definitely, but I'm not really optimistic. If you compare for example the last 10 years of these two clubs, i don't see why anyone would join United over Real Madrid. The spanish giants won about 4-5-6 Champions League titles in the past 10 years (with lots of other cups and so on) while United were fighting for the top 4 in the Premier League. (And reached 8th place last time). I hope that with the arrival of INEOS things will change and the club will be more attractive to top players but at the moment i think probably the only way to catch these guys is to offer them significantly higher wages. But that's exactly what Ratcliffe tries to avoid.

It would be one of them partnering Martinez as first choice most likely De ligt and Martinez (when fit). Yoro's game time would need to be managed.

Considering that Yoro claimed already that he wants to play for Real Madrid, would be difficult to convince him to play for United.

That's quite some exaggerating. You're talking about an 18-year old with one good season under his belt and a guy who didn't succeed in Serie A and who Bayern Munich are happy to let go when he supposedly should enter his prime years. I doubt a Yoro - De Ligt core in the middle of your defense will be feared by the likes of Haaland and Watkins.

Keep twisting I guess! :lol:

They haven't bid, have they?

Not 'officially', but have made Lille aware they'll only pay €20m or so.

So it wouldn't really be a coup in that sense, because if they match the bid or he decides to wait a year then they get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.