Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long it will be before clubs get sick of Real in players ears telling them to run down their contract.

French league is in turmoil and 50 million is a lot of money to a club like Lille, who have invested in the player and trusted him with starts. They deserve to make money on him, so if Real don’t fancy buying the player, they can feck off.

I think Mr.Blanc is using his French connections to get this done, Looks like he is a future super star.

If anything United have probably bid too high for a kid with 1 year left on his contract.

But lets see how it ends...I don't think anyone is confident of this happening.
There were a few eyebrows raised when we offered Birmingham 30m for a 16yo Bellingham.
I think we are doing the right thing here.

If Real already promised him (through his agent) that they will sign him then they will sign him despite any injury.
If anything it would be about sending the message to future targets. In next similiar situation player could say; "Hm, i will not risk it. Look how they fecked up Yoro".
Yeah like Kane had gentleman agreement with Levy. If he got injuried Real would walk away.

United need some of the hallmark signings that make us a top fit outfit for 10 years.

I'd rather go heavy on the backline this year honestly (3 CBs with Maguire and Lindelof leaving the club), and a midfielder or two.

Jonny Evans for experience, Martinez, + new CBs would be fine with me.

The backline is important that we can play a high press and it allows us to probably get more game time since players aren't running back as much.

There were a few eyebrows raised when we offered Birmingham 30m for a 16yo Bellingham.

We can spot them. Early Sancho, Haaland, Bellingham etc etc but we could never get the deals over the line when they were offering most value. Hopefully these new recruitment guys have real financial power and the knowledge to know when to go all in or not.

I'm not questioning his talent, more so the deal United are putting forward. Usually when a player is on his last year I would expect to offer less than the reported 50-60 million.

If Real are rumoured to be around 20 million then I United might have over valued him.

Also the side story of this deal being a yardstick to get Everton to reduce there demands doesn't add up when United bid so high for a kid with 1 year on his contract.

But like I also said...let's see how this one ends up. We only ever know the tiny details so it might end up be a masterstroke from INEOS :devil:

Yeah like Kane had gentleman agreement with Levy. If he got injuried Real would walk away.
No, they would not. It is their strategy which would take a hit if they do that.
And also; players get injured all the time and come back after that. Kid is 18y old. He has whole career in front of him.

I'm not questioning his talent, more so the deal United are putting forward. Usually when a player is on his last year I would expect to offer less than the reported 50-60 million.

If Real are rumoured to be around 20 million then I United might have over valued him.

Also the side story of this deal being a yardstick to get Everton to reduce there demands doesn't add up when United bid so high for a kid with 1 year on his contract.

But like I also said...let's see how this one ends up. We only ever know the tiny details so it might end up be a masterstroke from INEOS :devil:

If he’s potentially a world class defender. 50 million is still a fair price point to get him in and for everybody to be really happy with the deal. Maybe Real don’t rate him as highly as we do but that’s their business. We are keeping them honest making a proper bid and not just stepping aside letting them take him for whatever they want. I really like this approach. These new guys seem to know the market well.

Is it likely for us to place an official bid whilst having no idea whether the player is open to join us?
No chance. If the player made it clear he wasn't accepting any destination other than Madrid there wouldn't have been a point

Rio Ferdinand reborn. feck me, throw 100m at him
Don't really see it. Rio was aesthetically pleasing on the eye, like Nesta. A real smooth operator in defence.
Dont think I ever saw Rio put those similar sliding tackles on a consistent basis.
Yoro is more gangly, like Smalling, and gets to the ground more but looks to have a good pass on him.

If I were to compare him to anyone, outside of Smalling because no one wants that, it'll probably be Ricardo Carvalho.

I wonder how long it will be before clubs get sick of Real in players ears telling them to run down their contract.

French league is in turmoil and 50 million is a lot of money to a club like Lille, who have invested in the player and trusted him with starts. They deserve to make money on him, so if Real don’t fancy buying the player, they can feck off.
What are they supposed to do if the player in question only wants Madrid though?

No, they would not. It is their strategy which would take a hit if they do that.
And also; players get injured all the time and come back after that. Kid is 18y old. He has whole career in front of him.

This notion that this is Real’s ‘strategy’ is not accurate to me. There are always players approaching the end of their deals in the market, and if those players are good, they will have top clubs trying to take advantage of that. Real have signed plenty of players who are not out of contract, even recently, for big money - and their strategy isn’t to pick up freebies more than it is the strategy for any other team. It is common sense and prudence, and whenever a talent is on the market in this manner, they will be interested. They just happen to be at the front of the queue for these players because of who they are. They are also at the front of the queue for players who cost 100m, and pursue them just as often.

Less of the "We've got no chance, looks like he wants Real" that's happening on every single page of this thread.

At least half of you are wetting yourselves at hypotheticals and proclaiming some degree of personal knowledge about the intensity of his desire for a Madrid move. At this point, we know that he likes Madrid's interests, but there's no evidence to suggest that he's on a crusade to make that move happen. This isn't an Mbappe thing here.

There's every chance he could choose us, and no, not just with a view to a Madrid move in a couple of years!

If Lisandro stays healthy and this is his new partner, we've got something special.

This notion that this is Real’s ‘strategy’ is not accurate to me. There are always players approaching the end of their deals in the market, and if those players are good, they will have top clubs trying to take advantage of that. Real have signed plenty of players who are not out of contract, even recently, for big money - and their strategy isn’t to pick up freebies more than it is the strategy for any other team. It is common sense and prudence, and whenever a talent is on the market in this manner, they will be interested. They just happen to be at the front of the queue for these players because of who they are. They are also at the front of the queue for players who cost 100m, and pursue them just as often.

Yep. They've been hoovering up young players on significant to massive transfer fees.

You forgot Strootman and Defour guy, Fergie wanted them but when they got bad injuries we moved on.
And one injurie can kill your career. One year I was one Olympics next year I was finished. Players are not stupid like that anymore. Bag first, and I respect them.

I find those who are worried that he has a preference for Real Madrid funny.

Nearly every player on the planet would have a preference for Real Madrid over us right now.

He wants only Madrid?
Fine. Off you pop then. Plenty more players out there.

I don't want players here that don't want to be here.

The funny thing is that he probably wouldn't even start immediately for us.

Despite being arguably the biggest U21 defender prospect in the world, he's only turning 19 in November and suddenly going to the Premier League with only 1 full season in France under your belt could be tricky. If he chooses us, I imagine he would be bedded in slowly and be third choice CB in his first season behind Martínez and de Ligt, or whoever we end up signing as our other new centre back.

However, I think he has best CB in the league or even world potential, and even if we do end up selling him to Madrid after a few seasons, he could become the first 100m centre back transfer ever, or at the very least command a world record transfer fee for a centre back and beat Maguire's record. So we are very likely to at least double our money on top of getting a world class player for a few years, if somehow Ineos can convince him of their project.

Exactly this, 100 times over. While it's rumours at this stage but if he does prefer Madrid, we should pull out and leave him to it. No need to sign players who don't want to play for the club.
I wonder how many of the current squad would choose Madrid if given the choice...

I think its irrelevant whatever club he prefers, most players put that to one side once they sign. They are professionals after all. Their priority is the money..

He wants only Madrid?

Well unless a gun is put to his head, if he really doesn’t want to sign for United you have nothing to worry about - because he won’t. Because he doesn’t want to.

I'd say the longer this drags on now that our bids been accepted, the more likely we're being played by Yoro, Madrid and his agents.

I'd say the longer this drags on now that our bids been accepted, the more likely we're being played by Yoro, Madrid and his agents.

Is there any chance, that while we want the Yoro, we also want to send a message to Everton in terms of our real (or at least more realistic) target in Branthwaite? Maybe we're also playing the game here for a change.

He wants only Madrid?

The number of players that will want to play for 8th place finish Manchester United when they have the option of playing for another top 5 club in the world, serial winners, and competing in the CL - is very small and likely not of the quality United needs to compete again.

Player preferring elsewhere is not an indictment on them considering where we are. We just need to ensure they have the right, professional attitude - and that won’t be an issue.

Again, do people think that the guys performing at City are there because they love the place and wanted to emulate Craig Bellamy and Richard Dunne or something?

I wonder how many of the current squad would choose Madrid if given the choice...

I think its irrelevant whatever club he prefers, most players put that to one side once they sign. They are professionals after all. Their priority is the money..

But we are trying to sign a player who has a choice to sign for us or Madrid and if chooses the latter, its pointless continuing. Just walk away.

Also, preferring Madrid doesn’t necessarily translate to not wanting United.

But we are trying to sign a player who has a choice to sign for us or Madrid and if chooses the latter, its pointless continuing. Just walk away.

Obviously if he signs for Madrid it would be pointless continuing, but he hasn’t done that yet has he?

Real Madrid are a very arrogant club and how they talked in public about Ronaldo calling him a modern slave when we did not want to sell him was a shitty move. Been hating them ever since.
They didn't, it was Sepp Blatter that said this and Ronaldo agreed. They're operating as they should, the biggest club in the world that doesn't need to offer what other clubs offer (in most cases) because the draw of Real Madrid alone is enough to sway people to favour them.

Status
Not open for further replies.