Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mon dieu!!! Go!"
"Non!"
"Goooo! vas-y maintenant!! :mad:"
"Non!"

Madrid are Sith to these clubs, with their underhand tactics.
We don't actually do this usually. I figure money must be tight

I read that Lille need the money this season to balance the books, so he has to be sold this summer it would seem.

Isn't he in the final year of his contract? I thought that was the reason Madrid were low-balling Lille.

I hope we are able to convince him to join us. He looks to have world class potential. Also, fingers crossed, his signing would mean we are not going for De Ligt.

Isn't he in the final year of his contract? I thought that was the reason Madrid were low-balling Lille.

I hope we are able to convince him to join us. He looks to have world class potential.
Not sure to be honest, Madrid don’t pay market value if a player wants to join them so lowballing Lille is expected. I presumed he had at least a couple of years left otherwise Lille would have accepted Madrids offer already seeing as there was a lack of other suitors?

I hope we are able to convince him to join us. He looks to have world class potential. Also, fingers crossed, his signing would mean we are not going for De Ligt.

De Ligt is close to being completed.

I hope Yoro is hearing those violins.

Look these things happen all the time. Olise for example is a United fan. Few months ago most respectable journalists out there was pointing at us being his mostly likely destination. Turned out that Bayern came in hot and early + we had troubles getting rid of Greenwood and Sancho in time to come up with a suitable offer.

Real is not Manchester United. They had been tapping players since at least 2001 when they tapped Zidane during the Balon D'or ceremony. Since then they had perfected their art. That doesn't mean we don't stand a chance in getting him. Most players do tend to show gratitude to those clubs who made them and its beneficial to them to do so as well as they might need them if things go wrong or once they are heading towards the wrong end of their career.

Irrespective of whether he joins us or not this is a win win situation for us. If he joins us then well and good. If not then we're at least showing the likes of Everton that we're pursuing other options. There are already rumors out there that if someone came with a 50m bid then Everton are more then likely lower their demands for Jarrad B.

Its evident that Real had tapped the kid which puts us at a disadvantage but also puts them in a tight corner. If they relent and they do match our bid then there's every chance than next time round they'll have to do the same. As said no player likes burning bridges. Ideally they would want to leave the club that made them with their head held high.

Last edited:
We don't actually do this usually. I figure money must be tight

Mbappe, Rudiger and Alaba all joined for free in their primes. I think it would be naive to suggest they hadn’t spoken with Madrid before opting to run down their deals.

We used to do this to English clubs all the time. We sent a limo to pick up Berbatov on deadline day before we’d even agreed a price with Tottenham.
But at least we paid a good price. Madrid want to do what Bayern do in Germany except this time they want to do it to everyone everywhere. They want to make Europe their fiefdom.

Not sure to be honest, Madrid don’t pay market value if a player wants to join them so lowballing Lille is expected. I presumed he had at least a couple of years left otherwise Lille would have accepted Madrids offer already seeing as there was a lack of other suitors?

His contract expires at the end of next season. That is the reason Madrid are trying to get him on the cheap. That, and it's the player's preference too from what I have read.

He does have other suitors. Liverpool and us are seemingly interested in him.

De Ligt is close to being completed.

:(

Mbappe, Rudiger and Alaba all joined for free in their primes. I think it would be naive to suggest they hadn’t spoken with Madrid before opting to run down their deals.
Alphonso Davies is another who will be at Madrid next summer on a free from Bayern. Gotta hand it to them it's a strategy that works.

If Real doesn't up their offer he will sign for us. 1 y is long time in football and with one bad injury he can lose generational wealth.

Alphonso Davies is another who will be at Madrid next summer on a free from Bayern. Gotta hand it to them it's a strategy that works.

They got Camavinga on the cheap as well, because everyone knew if they didn’t he would’ve just joined for free the following year.

Mbappé aside, who is a unique case and it took years before he finally decided to join, and PSG at one point rejected a 200m euros offer, the other 2 were older players entering the final year of their deals knowing they'd have their pick of their next team. They could have even resigned for their clubs. We simply made them the best offer

Not really screwing smaller clubs out of a big transfer fee, isn't it?

For Camavinga we paid Rennes asking price, for example. Same with Tchouameni with Monaco

i just see this kid waiting out his contract and leaving for madrid either in the winter window or signing a pre-contract with them to leave on a free next summer

kids head has been turned by the idea of playing for madrid and not much we can do about that

The kid’s 18. He can win the starting job here or at least be the third CB if we also get De Ligt. He’ll get tons of games and great experience and be a Madrid player by his early 20s.

No problem signing him with the understanding that we’ll let him move to Madrid in 2-3 years if the price is right as long as he will put his head down, be a professional and work hard for the club while he’s here.

When the time comes, he’ll be a more seasoned player ready to hit the ground running at Madrid, we’ll have a more valuable asset than the one we acquired and we’ll get a good fee or top player in return. All parties win.
Hope this is the deal made, then hope that Yoro is excellent but Madrid buy the next talented centre back and we keep Yoro!

He’s obviously waiting for Madrid. He should be jumping at the chance to join us though. We obvs value him more as we put in the highest offer straight away. That says a lot

As much as I want to believe it - I doubt the chance of getting him is very high

Is it likely for us to place an official bid whilst having no idea whether the player is open to join us?

Is it likely for us to place an official bid whilst having no idea whether the player is open to join us?
Yeah that’s the right way to do it. If you contact the player first I think it’s counts as tapping up and you could be fined if found guilty. Thats what’s supposed to happen but clubs approach players all the time.

Yeah that’s the right way to do it. If you contact the player first I think it’s counts as tapping up and you could be fined if found guilty. Thats what’s supposed to happen but clubs approach players all the time.
That's why players has agents. Clubs speak to agents all the time .

Not really. Player should have given the green light. Probably assumed Real would up their bid after seeing our bud accepted .

Player could still say NO.

Normally no, but I think we're shooting our shot here. I assume the CEO made some promises to convince the player if we put in an adequate bid and he's attempting that right now. Probably a charm offensive in the background from us if the answer wasn't an outright no from the player.

If anything United have probably bid too high for a kid with 1 year left on his contract.

But lets see how it ends...I don't think anyone is confident of this happening.

I can’t see us bidding unless the player at the very least wanted to see how much do we want him and what our plans are for him and as a club. If we are offering him a lot more than Madrid have indicated they would and are giving his boyhood club a much fairer price I think his head could be turned, for a few years at least. Last but not least he’s going to get a tonne of football here.

If anything United have probably bid too high for a kid with 1 year left on his contract.

But lets see how it ends...I don't think anyone is confident of this happening.
Probably the top cb prospect out there. If we get this over the line this will be tremendous business.

If Real doesn't up their offer he will sign for us. 1 y is long time in football and with one bad injury he can lose generational wealth.
If Real already promised him (through his agent) that they will sign him then they will sign him despite any injury.
If anything it would be about sending the message to future targets. In next similiar situation player could say; "Hm, i will not risk it. Look how they fecked up Yoro".

I’m still convinced this pursuit of Ludacris is just a cover for Branthwaite and to get Everton to drop their price slightly.

Madrid is not only the best, but now they also have a core of a bunch of young and cool French players. Uphill battle and I can’t really fault him

Status
Not open for further replies.