Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why you lyin mate ? Who is his source ? Rio again ?

We're still waiting for Jassim

why-you-lying.png

Couldn’t give a shit about being embarassed in this sense. We’re going up against Madrid not Liverpool, Arsenal or City and losing out. I’m just glad we’re showing ambition and still competing for this calibre of player.

Yeah good to see it

Us putting in a bid is good thing for all involved really.

1) To show Everton we have alternatives.
2) To show Yoro that he will get a guaranteed good contract with us today, if Madrid insist on him waiting another year where lots of things can happen.
3) To get Madrid to pay to sign him (as opposed to free) and pay more.
4) To get Lille money rather than getting rinsed and perhaps build a good connection for the future (if it's not there already with INEO's Nice connections).

All probably 'minor' effects but still positive in some way for us.

Of course he would. They are getting more money than what Madrid would pay this year and nothing if they keep him for another year.

I've never really thought about it before as I have always associated them with free transfers but after reading that tweet, if Real are only offering 30 million euros and we are offering 50/60 million Lille could easily give him a hefty 10 million signing on bonus out of the fee they receive. When you add that to the fact that his wages will be bumped up this year as well (chances are that would be higher than Real will offer as well knowing us) rather than another year at his Lille Salary you can really see him joining.

Obviously if Real decide to come in now and with a similar package it's as good as dead but money talks and if Real really aren't going to go above 30 million, or even worse not come in for him at all this year I can really see him choosing us.

We need to get him and Doue this window if at all possible.
I had this though earlier. Yoro and Doue would be two of the most exciting signings we could make. Doue looks like he has potential to be one of the most entertaining players for the next 10-12 years and Yoro looks so good for his age.

Especially if we can surround them with experienced signings like De Ligt, we could build something special.

Hope he looks at the likes of Odegaard and fancies playing for the next 4-5 years. It would be an exciting move for him and for us.

Fee agreed. Now close the deal ASAP. Finally we will be getting a top player from Lille after all these years.

I will repeat it again. Real Madrid will not get him for cheap or on a free.

If they cannot cough up the money he will go elsewhere. This is football not fairytales.

It wasn’t so long ago everyone believed it was Barcelona or nothing for De Ligt. He’s no close to 3 clubs on and either are Barcelona. The same stuff was been wrote about him back then too. You can’t just think your name will get you deal when there’s big money involved. Otherwise how have Chelsea been so successful over the years.

I will repeat it again. Real Madrid will not get him for cheap or on a free.

If they cannot cough up the money he will go elsewhere. This is football not fairytales.

It wasn’t so long ago everyone believed it was Barcelona or nothing for De Ligt. He’s no close to 3 clubs on and either are Barcelona. The same stuff was been wrote about him back then too. You can’t just think your name will get you deal when there’s big money involved. Otherwise how have Chelsea been so successful over the years.
If he wants to move to Real on a free, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Is Mendes not chummy with Real anymore? Wonder if he thinks he can get a bigger agent fee by pushing the player towards us

So it's either join United now and Lille get a big fee.

Or wait 6 months and sign a pre contract agreement with Madrid and join them in a year from now. He will be playing Champions League with Lille too.

Does he care about Lille or his own desire and wallet?

I see where this is going.

If he wants to move to Real on a free, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Ask yourself why would he do that?! Would Wayne Rooney have done that to Everton? Would Varane even have done that to Lens?

He’s not in dispute with Lille, yes he has a preference but to believe his agent and Lille will allow the player not to ensure Lille are treated fairly baffles me. If his agent is Mendes like someone said above, he’s well respected and again this kid is 18. He will not have the free will over his agent to make this type of decision, believe me.

So it's either join United now and Lille get a big fee.

Or wait 6 months and sign a pre contract agreement with Madrid and join them in a year from now. He will be playing Champions League with Lille too.

Does he care about Lille or his own desire and wallet?

I see where this is going.

Players have giant egos. That can get bruised when told that he would be signed next season because he's simply not worth more then 17m. Leny is a product of Lille academy. He's been with them since he was 12. The club had invested a lot in him and had given him his debut at age 16 which is quite significant. Players tend not to like to screw clubs like that up unless of course they are aholes.

Yoro is young so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here but if I were him I'd be in Manchester already. Yea Real is Real and we know how big a deal they are but Manchester United is no slouch and he would could become a star here. Players tend to love the club once they get here and realize just how special we are as a club and I know he will forget about Madrid. Even if he becomes that good that Madrid still wants him, we would make a huge profit and I trust our recruitment to replace him adequately. We are Manchester United, players just don't leave us unless we want to sell them. CR7 was an anomaly.

So if we get him and de Ligt, I take it Yoro is the one missing out on starting spot, because no way Licha is getting dropped the way he's playing, and the whole point of de Ligt wanting out of Bayern is him not being a starter, on top of that - he's dutch.

If there has been anything we have learned the last season it is that there will always be available playing time for CBs

So if we get him and de Ligt, I take it Yoro is the one missing out on starting spot, because no way Licha is getting dropped the way he's playing, and the whole point of de Ligt wanting out of Bayern is him not being a starter, on top of that - he's dutch.

The chances of all of them being fit at the same time for long periods isn't all that likely. It's a good problem to have to have quality options. They would all play plenty of matches.

I expect Martinez to miss plenty of games again.

It could also embarrass ourselves. We’ve had a bid accepted by the club but the player himself as rejected us even though we put the right money in for him quicker than anyone els.
If you enter the market for an S-tier talent, you, like every other club he turns down, know there's a distinct possibility of that happening from the outset.

Those at the top of the food chain have their pick and giant clubs bending over backwards to entice them - well everybody except Madrid - and all but one will be rejected. Formal bid or not, it still comes down to what the player wants, or who best gets in his ear to gazump the others. At this level of talent, all the stops are pulled out and things are dynamic and volatile until settled.

Better to try and fail than not be in with a chance at all because you were too scared to throw your hat in the ring. Percentage likelihood of it going through is what can be pondered, but by the point an official bid has been put in, some kind of intimation the player is open to the move is there.

It could also embarrass ourselves. We’ve had a bid accepted by the club but the player himself as rejected us even though we put the right money in for him quicker than anyone els.
If we would get embarrassed by going for players who want to play for Madrid we would get embarrassed all the time. Nobody is getting embarrassed.

Yoro actually tweeting about that fake United tweet is an interesting thing to do. If he genuinely didn’t want united you would think he’d just leave it.

Equally he probably knows united have the largest fan base in the world and it’s a great opportunity to boost his name whether he joins us or not.

Yoro is young so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here but if I were him I'd be in Manchester already. Yea Real is Real and we know how big a deal they are but Manchester United is no slouch and he would could become a star here. Players tend to love the club once they get here and realize just how special we are as a club and I know he will forget about Madrid. Even if he becomes that good that Madrid still wants him, we would make a huge profit and I trust our recruitment to replace him adequately. We are Manchester United, players just don't leave us unless we want to sell them. CR7 was an anomaly.
He's just watched products he has come up with go to Madrid and win the CL whilst playing key roles. In terms of enticement, absolutely nobody should act like that isn't a potential deal breaker and a huge part of why other youngsters would flock to that club, intoxicated by the fanfare and genuine, perennial opportunity to be part of that.

Anyone directly trumping Madrid for a signing has pulled off a minor miracle in this current climate. The upsides to going there are vast, especially so with them in a partial rebuild phase.

Never watched him play, probably is a great young talent, but his fbref report doesnt look that promising. The makes sense, since he's just 18.

Imagine going from Maguire, Lindelof and Evans to Branthwaite, de Ligt and Yoro.

Imagine that the main debate is not how much better we could get - but the fact that we are paying over the odds.

Hope he respects lille enough to accept the offer, I've read they're in dire need of some cash.

The chances of all of them being fit at the same time for long periods isn't all that likely. It's a good problem to have to have quality options. They would all play plenty of matches.

I expect Martinez to miss plenty of games again.

Yes, good problem for us to have, but looking from players perspective, would de Ligt be happy to swap Bayern bench for ours, or Yoro sitting on our bench, when he can pretty much pick his own destination this summer and is at an age he should be playing regularly? Any of them could be pushing for a move away next summer, and will only lose value warming the bench.

Also I see the Martinez being very injury prone misconception used again - he's had one major injury and suffered a recurrence due to being rushed back quickly, that kept him out for most part last season. Knee injury was freak accident when Coufal landed on top of him. He might be, for all we know, but using his injury record with us does not prove it in slightest. Apart from that, he had one muscle injury last season.

Yes, good problem for us to have, but looking from players perspective, would de Ligt be happy to swap Bayern bench for ours, or Yoro sitting on our bench, when he can pretty much pick his own destination this summer and is at an age he should be playing regularly? Any of them could be pushing for a move away next summer, and will only lose value warming the bench.

Also I see the Martinez being very injury prone misconception used again - he's had one major injury and suffered a recurrence due to being rushed back quickly, that kept him out for most part last season. Knee injury was freak accident when Coufal landed on top of him. He might be, for all we know, but using his injury record with us does not prove it in slightest. Apart from that, he had one muscle injury last season.
Having 3 good CBs dosen't mean that one of them would end up sitting on the bench all the time, we play around 60 competative matches per season, thats 40 starts for each of them. There is more than enough playingtime for 3 players covering 2 positions even if all 3 of them manages to avoid any major injury. Even from the players point of view i'd say it's better, it takes away a lot of pressure and gives him time to settle in.

Evan’s and Casemiro in CB last season for periods…

Upset we might have 3 good CBs…

Spoke too soon. Looks like we got a fee agreed with Lille. Let’s see how good Ashworth and INEOS are in convincing him to reject Madrid
Yea I'll take it back. This has really surprised me and I'm impressed by INEOS.

i want us to trigger Dani Olmos release clause instead. Literally a top 5 player in Europe right now

Players have giant egos. That can get bruised when told that he would be signed next season because he's simply not worth more then 17m. Leny is a product of Lille academy. He's been with them since he was 12. The club had invested a lot in him and had given him his debut at age 16 which is quite significant. Players tend not to like to screw clubs like that up unless of course they are aholes.

I hope Yoro is hearing those violins.

i want us to trigger Dani Olmos release clause instead. Literally a top 5 player in Europe right now

It is not really a position we need, but I agree. Bruno is about to turn 30 and won't become any better so getting Dani Olmo in as a replacement would be amazing. He has quite a different skill set than Bruno too and can offer something else as a 10, so I'd be all for it. Unreal player. €60m release clause, and City are rumoured to be wanting to activate it. Dani Olmo would be cheaper than Jarrod Branthwaite. We don't desperately need 3 CBs this window either, so money could be spent on him instead of Branthwaite.

Madrid are so powerful it’s so frustrating that they can make plays like this with pretty any player in the world. It would certainly make winning this one that bit sweeter.
We used to do this to English clubs all the time. We sent a limo to pick up Berbatov on deadline day before we’d even agreed a price with Tottenham.

Us putting in a bid is good thing for all involved really.

1) To show Everton we have alternatives.
2) To show Yoro that he will get a guaranteed good contract with us today, if Madrid insist on him waiting another year where lots of things can happen.
3) To get Madrid to pay to sign him (as opposed to free) and pay more.
4) To get Lille money rather than getting rinsed and perhaps build a good connection for the future (if it's not there already with INEO's Nice connections).

All probably 'minor' effects but still positive in some way for us.
I read that Lille need the money this season to balance the books, so he has to be sold this summer it would seem.

Having 3 good CBs dosen't mean that one of them would end up sitting on the bench all the time, we play around 60 competative matches per season, thats 40 starts for each of them. There is more than enough playingtime for 3 players covering 2 positions even if all 3 of them manages to avoid any major injury. Even from the players point of view i'd say it's better, it takes away a lot of pressure and gives him time to settle in.
Evan’s and Casemiro in CB last season for periods…

Upset we might have 3 good CBs…

Shaw did good as a CB aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.