Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally show some ambition and push the very best youngsters. Even if it means we made Madrid pay triple than what they initially offered hehe

I don't think so. That one move has made Madrid invincible today and started the downfall of the great utd side.
Not really, hence why Real was such a pull in the first place. The United issue has always been the Glazers, who then did not reinvest fully after getting such a good fee in this instance.

Imagine going from Maguire, Lindelof and Evans to Branthwaite, de Ligt and Yoro.

Just me who doesn't want him? I'm not keen on the idea of bringing him in, developing him for a couple of years only for him to start flirting with his "dream move". Count me out on this one.
Oh to have a top player in their prime who Madrid are after again - and get money back plus more for..

If we do get him and start winning stuff again there isn't any guarantee he would be eager to immediately leave for Madrid were the chance to arrive, he'll he might prefer to stay if Madrid face a downturn, 5 years is a very long time in footballing terms.

Yoro could be a nice addition to the squad but unfortunately he claimed already that he wants to play for Real Madrid.

Madrid are so powerful it’s so frustrating that they can make plays like this with pretty any player in the world. It would certainly make winning this one that bit sweeter.

If he only wants Madrid, there's nothing we can do about it. But if we knew that and this is a pressure tactic/hedging bets on our other negotiations, i cannot help but be impressed by the new management structure.

If he only wants Madrid, there's nothing we can do about it. But if we knew that and this is a pressure tactic/hedging bets on our other negotiations, i cannot help but be impressed by the new management structure.
It could also embarrass ourselves. We’ve had a bid accepted by the club but the player himself as rejected us even though we put the right money in for him quicker than anyone els.

It could also embarrass ourselves. We’ve had a bid accepted by the club but the player himself as rejected us even though we put the right money in for him quicker than anyone els.

The only ones that get embarrassed are fans. We are now getting clubs to fight each other. Everton will see this and second guess their top price, Lille have accepted and will now pressure Madrid to pay or pressure Yoro to join us. We've gone from being the joke of the transfer world to basic fecking competence in one year.

Couldn’t give a shit about being embarassed in this sense. We’re going up against Madrid not Liverpool, Arsenal or City and losing out. I’m just glad we’re showing ambition and still competing for this calibre of player.

how would it be embarrassing? The accepted bid shows we're serious about getting him and are not messing around like in the past. If he chooses Madrid, then so be it, but I'm glad we're chasing a talent like him in the first place.

If my research is correct, Leny Yoro and Joao Neves share an agent. Could our bid be a "favour" to the agent to get Madrid to move now and in return we get some help with Neves agitating for a move or am I delusional?

how would it be embarrassing? The accepted bid shows we're serious about getting him and are not messing around like in the past. If he chooses Madrid, then so be it, but I'm glad we're chasing a talent like him in the first place.
He was probably thinking of Moyes chasing Cesc, Bale, Ronaldo

If having a formal bid accepted doesn’t warrant a more relevant thread title I don’t know what does!

It does feel like his camp have at least given United encouragement to bid and table their offer to the player. We have a very good chance of getting this over the line unless Madrid now fully step up. What we have done is forced Madrid to make a more suitable offer for a player of his talent if they do really want him and we all take it from there. I like that we are being aggressive in the market and not just rolling over for Madrid. I think we can make him a very very good offer. The new look Utd. A lot of football, brand exposure and a heap of money if he comes good. Seems Ineos are being decisive with players and at least making very solid approaches and being more efficient at recruitment. We won’t get them all but spotting top players was never the issue. It was always just the complete failure to get the right ones in the door.

Why can't Madrid try to unsettle Saliba, or Dias. Come and get Leny in 7-8 years please.

We need to get him and Doue this window if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.