Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing too much to stress over, I think we've done what we can. If Madrid arse around we've got a good chance, obviously they would be a favourite for most players signature these days given their success.

Also don't agree with the idea that just because he favours Madrid we should spit our dummy out. That's fecking football, it doesn't mean they don't want to come or won't perform. He's got a favoured option, well I've got a favoured job earning a million a year to do feck all but it's not gonna happen is it. If you have professionalism and character you'll still do your best in your role whether it was the absolute favourite one or not.

I'm not even bothering to pay attention to these rumors, he's obviously going to Madrid. I'm happy with De Ligt.

Madrid won’t pay anything like what others are prepared and will have to. In fact, they want to cut out the middleman and have him do them out of a transfer fee.

Putting pressure on the player to sit out his contract is the order of the day, even with that injury news they won’t suddenly become direct competitors for this kid.
They're simply doing what's best for them. He's a long term target they don't desperately need him right now. They can simply tell him, look at the career guys like Varane or Ramos had coming here at a young age, you can follow suit, all you need to do is sit tight and wait it out.
To be fair it's hard for any player who believes he's talented enough to accept anything less because really Madrid project with all the superstars, UCLs and glamour is the very top of club football.

Nothing too much to stress over, I think we've done what we can. If Madrid arse around we've got a good chance, obviously they would be a favourite for most players signature these days given their success.

Also don't agree with the idea that just because he favours Madrid we should spit our dummy out. That's fecking football, it doesn't mean they don't want to come or won't perform.

Totally agree

I'd like to think we'd have confidence in ourselves to get back to the top by the time his contract would be running out with us. If he ends up being a world class CB then very likely he'd be able to earn more at United than Real if we are back winning big trophies.

First of all, Liverpool cannot guarantee Champions League football aside from this upcoming season. Only City and Arsenal can do that these days.

We need to hire whoever is doing Arsenals PR.

They've qualified for the CL the past 2 years. Before that they went 6 seasons without qualifying for it. They finished 8th twice in a row only 4 years ago.

I'm not even bothering to pay attention to these rumors, he's obviously going to Madrid. I'm happy with De Ligt.

Same. I feel this is BS talk purposefully fed to Romano by Yoro's agent in order to force Madrid's hand.

Madrid always do this and it leaves the door open. Nothing wrong with making a bid and seeing how much the player wants it. Madrid still won't pay it though, they'll drag it out all summer.
If the club have put in a total offer between €60m and €70m, then I think Madrid likely won't match it. And as much as the player will want to join Madrid as his preference it could well turn out to be a case of doing what's best for your career now as a developmental talent and help the club that developed you as a player in Lille, which are said to be in considerable debt.

They've qualified for the CL the past 2 years. Before that they went 6 seasons without qualifying for it. They finished 8th twice in a row only 4 years ago.

Liverpool assembled most of what their fans call their greatest ever side while not being able to offer Champions League football

Of all the deals, this one feels like the one we’re least likely to get over the line and yet it’s also the only one where we have a fee agreed!

We need to get this deal over the line tomorrow.

Let it go another two days and Luckhurst will be telling the world he cost €470m.

Also don't agree with the idea that just because he favours Madrid we should spit our dummy out. That's fecking football, it doesn't mean they don't want to come or won't perform. He's got a favoured option, well I've got a favoured job earning a million a year to do feck all but it's not gonna happen is it. If you have professionalism and character you'll still do your best in your role whether it was the absolute favourite one or not.

100% agree with your sentiments, especially the last part. It was that line of thinking that partly scuppered our chances of signing Haaland from Salzburg, because we didn't want to be used as a stepping stone club and didn't want a €60M release clause in his contract that activated after a couple of years. Well, I'd much be rather be used as a stepping stone club and get a few years of service out of an elite player than not.

I have no problem doing the same with Yoro. Maybe as a sweetener insert a Madrid clause in the deal that activates after year 3 of a 5-year contract. He might end up liking it so much at United that he changes his mind down the line.

As they say; better to have loved and lost, than to not have loved at all.

Just me who doesn't want him? I'm not keen on the idea of bringing him in, developing him for a couple of years only for him to start flirting with his "dream move". Count me out on this one.

If the club have put in a total offer between €60m and €70m, then I think Madrid likely won't match it. And as much as the player will want to join Madrid as his preference it could well turn out to be a case of doing what's best for your career now as a developmental talent and help the club that developed you as a player in Lille, which are said to be in considerable debt.

Luckhurst just seems to be tacking on an extra €10m every few hours.

In any case, I don't think a Madrid bid is an immediate concern. They may try to get him to sit on his hands for a year, but I doubt they'll match our bid, whatever it is.

Just me who doesn't want him? I'm not keen on the idea of bringing him in, developing him for a couple of years only for him to start flirting with his "dream move". Count me out on this one.
Nah even if that’s the case we get top dollar. Selling a player is never bad if you make a huge profit and can reinvest. In some ways I WANT us to do this - for too long we buy expensive flops who we can’t sell, it’ll make a change to buy a superstar in the making again

I’ve never regretted having Ronaldo at the club, despite him always wanting to go to Madrid

100% agree with your sentiments, especially the last part. It was that line of thinking that partly scuppered our chances of signing Haaland from Salzburg, because we didn't want to be used as a stepping stone club and didn't want a €60M release clause in his contract that activated after a couple of years. Well, I'd much be rather be used as a stepping stone club and get a few years of service out of an elite player than not.

I have no problem doing the same with Yoro. Maybe as a sweetener insert a Madrid clause in the deal that activates after year 3 of a 5-year contract. He might end up liking it so much at United that he changes his mind down the line.

As they say; better to have loved and lost, than to not have loved at all.
He's not an elite player though, he's got elite potential. The day we start doing deals like this is the day we give up on ever getting back to the level we were between 08-11. It make no sense for United to sign a player with his potential and develop him when he still has toothing issues (because he'll) and then sell when he hits his peak. I don't think he'll even be part of the first 11 if we sign De Ligt as well.
I don't see Arsenal agreeing to this sort of terms neither were Liverpool when they built the UCL winning squad under Klopp. So it's a no from me.

Nah even if that’s the case we get top dollar. Selling a player is never bad if you make a huge profit and can reinvest. In some ways I WANT us to do this - for too long we buy expensive flops who we can’t sell, it’ll make a change to buy a superstar in the making again

I’ve never regretted having Ronaldo at the club, despite him always wanting to go to Madrid

Forgive me but have you seen our record in selling players for a profit? Whilst I like to believe that with INEOS in the picture now, that'll somewhat change.. how much profit on a $60/70m signing will we really make? Also, Ronaldo gave us the best part of 6 years.. will Yoro do the same?

I have no idea if this guy's good or not, but there seems to be quite a few elite clibs running after him. We're willing to pay at least €50m as well, that's a hefty price tag. The club must be really convinced about him.

Luckhurst just seems to be tacking on an extra €10m every few hours.

In any case, I don't think a Madrid bid is an immediate concern. They may try to get him to sit on his hands for a year, but I doubt they'll match our bid, whatever it is.
I think the only way we're going to sign him is if we overpay. He's only 18 and eventhough he's a big talent, he's not someone you would want to rely on as a regular but rather you'd want to ease him into EPL football.

I don’t care if he dreams of Madrid, if we take him he needs to work hard to achieve his dreams.

Good comment, also showing an interest now, even if not successful may put us in a good place ti sign him in a few years time if Madrid does not work out as planned. Many good young players go there and through no fault of their own it does not work out (Odegaard).

I don't think Ashworth, Wilcox and Vivell will sign him if he doesn't have the hunger to play for United. They have collectively been to a lot of rodeos.

But if we force Madrid to pay the going rate or more for him that's got to be worth it.

Fake news of a high bid would turn others off from making real bids, no? They prefer to sell

Or force the actual interested parties into matching the supposed bid or at least offering better terms. It could be a strategy to force Real Madrid into offering a higher amount and in this case the agent and Lille would be on the same side as obviously Yoro is not going to be sold for the 17 mln Madrid are currently offering.

Exactly. Right now we have Garnacho who i think long term likely wants Real/Barca if he keeps developing well but you just have to manage them/their contract/agent right. Ronaldo to Real was great business for example, Pogba to Juve was not.
For whom?

One thing is for sure he will be a guaranteed starter here whereas he will probably play nacho role in Madrid.

And?

They're one of the best teams in the world currently. For them not to make top 4 next season it would be a huge surprise. They've replaced Liverpool as City's only real challenger since the start of 22/23.

And even before Arteta built them into a serious contender for the PL and CL, they were still a London club, with big history, Wenger, etc. They were still a very attractive destination even during their down years.

Status
Not open for further replies.