Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrid will probably just stump up the cash now, with Nacho gone to Saudi and this they're pretty desperate.

I would like nothing more other than this to be true but this smacks of a big get yourself in order Everton and wise up.

It’s believed Yoro wants Madrid, Madrid it is believed want Yoro, just not right now. Mbappe, Camavinga, Tchouameni there at the club. It’s obvious to see why they would be his favourite and why they are favourites.

Just seems like we know he isn’t interested but we will use the bid being accepted to show Everton what can be done in the market for arguably a far greater talent than Branthwaite.

If however I’m totally wrong and we end up with DeLigt, Yoro and still go for Branthwaite then holy cheeseballs.

That was different, Barcelona owed FDJ money so it wasn't a straightforward deal
If money was the issue, the player would have been paid. We need to accept, some players won't choose us and will likely have other ambitions.
De Jong didn't want to move, for him it was staying at Barca.
Yoro might want to move, but move to some other place rather than Manchester.

So we need to accept early, and move accordingly. either forward or change target.

Logic.

We already know that Madrid are his first choice.

If they pull out he will have options from clubs that can offer Champions League football.

First of all, Liverpool cannot guarantee Champions League football aside from this upcoming season. Only City and Arsenal can do that these days. Or do you think players will sign 5-6 year contracts based on them being able to play in the CL in year 1 of said contract? Or they look at the bigger picture, the "project" instead?

Secondly, Liverpool's pull and attractiveness is nowhere near United's, I'd say without Klopp it's not even on City, Arsenal or Chelsea's level. They are clearly on the way down and even in their modern era peak, so 2017-2022, they weren't that attractive despite being a big club. They are at a financial disadvantage to their rivals too. We've signed dozens of bigger names in our banter era of the last 11 years, than Liverpool under Klopp in their modern era peak.

Thirdly, if you go to PSG whilst Madrid and United both want you, you're an idiot so then it's a bullet dodged.

Last edited:
He'll get the sun and food under Madrid rather than the heavy rain and boring meals of Manchester.

There isn't a thing you can't get in Manchester. It's a fantastic place to eat.

As for the rain... It's character building.

We normally don't sign players that I have brought up early on this forum. Maybe Real Madrid are not as hot on the trail as one would imagine, hence United are still trying.

But it would be nice to see my club sign a player that I brought up early on this forum.

The good thing about the French league is that it never lets me down when looking for talent. Especially CB talent who I mention below.

There's a 17 year old right footed CB playing at Lille who looks to have big potential. His name is Leny Yoro and he's already around 1.90m in height at 17 years of age. Technically he's showing a very high level where his passing is very impressing already. He looks to have the pace and the intelligence to control larger spaces in defensive transition and it wouldn't surprise me to see this lad develop into a world class CB.

Feels a lot like we're being used as a pawn (again) to force Madrid into making a bid. Here's clearly desperate to go there and they want him to wait so they don't have to pay for him.

This way they'll possibly have to stumpn up some money now for him, but if they play hardball and tell him to wait a year then he probably will just do that.

Feels a lot like we're being used as a pawn (again) to force Madrid into making a bid. Here's clearly desperate to go there and they want him to wait so they don't have to pay for him.

This way they'll possibly have to stumpn up some money now for him, but if they play hardball and tell him to wait a year then he probably will just do that.
We're not being used as a pawn, we're offering to close the deal today if the player fancies it seeing as Madrid are doing what they always do, which is bullying the selling team into taking a lower offer because of the Madrid badge. They did it a few years ago and missed out on all their targets because they dragged the negotiations out, they had to buy a bunch of shit strikers from Germany who they later sold on after a couple of seasons. Dithering costs you at this level.

Seems we've only nipped in with an offer because Madrid are making hard work of getting it over the line.
It seems Madrid are trying to get him on the cheap by either low balling Lille or wanting the player to wait it out for a year. That's obviously not good for Lillle and may well have opened the door for United. Now it remains to be seen if Madrid match our offer.

Based on an inherent sense of insecurity.

No, it's just frustrating to see United fans believe that the likes of PSG and Liverpool are more attractive destinations than Manchester United. It depends on the player, so from time to time there will be some players who decide to go there over United, but generally we are miles ahead of those two.

Technically every player from France, Spain, Portugal, Italy probably has Real at the top of their list. No shame being 2nd choice.

Yeah, that part wouldn’t bother me at all.

If Camavinga said he desperately wanted to stay at Madrid, but they decided they wanted to sell him, for whatever reason, id take him all day.

By all accounts we're willing to deal at roughly the same money as Camavinga ~30/40M euros including add-ons

Lille want more than that, we're not willing to go over that given he's in the final year of his deal

It's up to him. If he wants Madrid, he rejects all other offers and Lille sell at our price, which is still good for them though not what they would get from United/PSG. If not, he signs for United(or Liverpool. If he signs for PSG he's not worth the effort and will never amount to anything)

I would like nothing more other than this to be true but this smacks of a big get yourself in order Everton and wise up.

It’s believed Yoro wants Madrid, Madrid it is believed want Yoro, just not right now. Mbappe, Camavinga, Tchouameni there at the club. It’s obvious to see why they would be his favourite and why they are favourites.

Just seems like we know he isn’t interested but we will use the bid being accepted to show Everton what can be done in the market for arguably a far greater talent than Branthwaite.

If however I’m totally wrong and we end up with DeLigt, Yoro and still go for Branthwaite then holy cheeseballs.

Yoro wants real, real wants yoro but on the cheap.

If Camavinga said he desperately wanted to stay at Madrid, but they decided they wanted to sell him, for whatever reason, id take him all day.
Lets just be honest here both Chelsea AND United have current players at our clubs right now that would jump at the chance of playing for Madrid if they came knocking. I don't think anyone of us would not want us to have signed Ronaldo (the first time) knowing that he ended up leaving in retrospect.

It's one of the reasons why British players go for a higher price because most of the time you don't have that issue. It is what it is.

It seems Madrid are trying to get him on the cheap by either low balling Lille or wanting the player to wait it out for a year. That's obviously not good for Lillle and may well have opened the door for United. Now it remains to be seen if Madrid match our offer.
Madrid always do this and it leaves the door open. Nothing wrong with making a bid and seeing how much the player wants it. Madrid still won't pay it though, they'll drag it out all summer.

It feels like we are moving with purpose in the market at least. Swinging it around a bit.

i’m sure the rest of europe is trembling with our little boy dick.

My point is, what can United offer him that other top clubs can't?

If he's as highly rated as is being said, the idea that it's a straight choice between Madrid or United is for the birds.

Sounds like he doesn't want to come to OT, so if that's what he wants go to Real Madrid... the only thing is now Real will have to pay over €50 million...

Worth a shot.

De Ligt and Yoro would be excellent business.

Sounds like De Ligt could also choose to play for a champions league club, but prefers to come to United.

And Branthwaite

What about Di María, Shaw, Falcao, Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, Maguire, Fernandes, Casemiro, and Martínez?

Big names and elite level talents signed without CL, for many of them there were CL clubs interested as well at the time.

I thought after 11 years people would've learned that missing out on the CL matters probably only for a small fraction of players that are looking to move clubs.

I'm relaxed about him wanting Real, pleased to see us showing we aren't afraid to make ambitious moves.

There's no way he ends up anywhere other than Madrid. They'll be spurred on by the Alaba news to get this one done. Glad we could help.
Madrid won’t pay anything like what others are prepared and will have to. In fact, they want to cut out the middleman and have him do them out of a transfer fee.

Putting pressure on the player to sit out his contract is the order of the day, even with that injury news they won’t suddenly become direct competitors for this kid.

Exactly. Right now we have Garnacho who i think long term likely wants Real/Barca if he keeps developing well but you just have to manage them/their contract/agent right. Ronaldo to Real was great business for example, Pogba to Juve was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.