Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I didn’t know he had already signed for them

It's like you guys forget everything about the past, nothing to do with us. It's Madrid, player and selling club.

Player is in last year of contract and wants Madrid move. MAdrid know they are in strong position and will sign at their terms, smaller fee.

I think people often underestimate how much Rapha loves the club just because we weren't good while he was here compared to Madrid where he won everything.
Agreed. Given his time here was injury-riddled with barely any success, relative to what he was coming from, his praise for the club was stellar and quite unexpected (for me).

Varane’s advice might even be to earn spurs here and then go to Madrid as an established star, who knows, but I don’t think he’d be wholly dismissive.

We won't, we'll sign one then maybe another if we sell someone. You don't just bid on one player and wait though.

Think it's quite obvious we want to sign two at a minimum (which we should, our CB room is a trainwreck currently). Also obvious that Yoro is a future star so we are willing to bid irrespective of "need" for him if he comes this summer, because if not you'll never have the chance to get him anyways.

People are really underestimating how much drastic change is needed to the spine of the squad.

I do not think Liverpool are that attractive right now, Arnie Slut is very much unproven, the wages will be lower and their team is ageing/leaving. Madrid unlikely to get a bid accepted at the level we have seen reported, just enough to unsettle the player so they can steal on a free next season.... the big ask is why would a player with his profile want to join utd after last season?

I think a big selling point for United this summer and going forward is this ‘new United’ with the new owner and footballing team behind the scenes, training facilities and stadium going ahead it could be quiet the attraction

Also with somebody like Yoro joining we have Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund that’s 4 really good promising young players to build around

I think there’s positivity around United at the moment and selling our ‘project’ to potential players shouldn’t be that hard to see

If Madrid want him then he’s bound to become a world beater

People kind of looked the other way with the whole saga between Madrid and PSG over Mbappe.

But if they start trying to employ this as a primary tactic to rob teams like Lille and leverkuesen of their best assets with nothing in return? The isht will hit the fan. This is beyond tapping up, and needs to be shut down, quickly. Why is it the PL can ask for communications of teams, friends, agents in relation to transfers to make sure teams are not intentionally paying too much for a player…

And Madrid gong “yo, wait a year, refuse everything your team says, run down your contract, and you can be a Madrid player”

And everyone is like “what are you gonna do? It’s Madrid”

Uh uh. Not ok.

i wonder why are we even bidding if it is true he only wants Real. I mean its silly if we do. Unless.... we got some encouragement
This. I don’t think INEOS will make previous mistakes. There must be some signals that he’s interested.

Also if we do sign him. I don’t want the narrative to change to “Madrid didn’t want to pay” the reality is United beat Madrid to a player. Even if financials are the reason, how many times did Madrid sign players due to being willing to pay more? Eg they signed Figo from Barca simply because they offered him huge wages. But people don’t say “Barca were not willing/able to offer the same wages “

This is starting to have shades of Pogba. “No way he’ll choose us over Madrid” then we he does sign for us, “ohh Madrid didn’t want to pay £80m”

If it's gonna happen it'll happen quickly, you'd think.

Nah . Madrid fair enough. He’s not staying in the French league are Liverpool are not the same without Klopp.

PSG can easily match the fee and wages. They will also give him the opportunity to play Champions league football every season in his home country.

He's an 18 year old French lad, he'd almost definitely pick PSG over English clubs.

It’s probably bullshit and a ruse to get Real to pay up.

You think we just bid for shits and giggles? That makes 0 sense.

We bid to essentially put our cards down on the table and give Yoro a tangible choice once and for all. Either he's willing to come, or he rejects everyone and stays for another year while we officially move on. But getting a bid accepted finally puts a clock on a decision being made, especially considering he's our top choice of CB on the market.

it's clear his preference is madrid but they aren't openly pushing any deal or trying to low ball Lille. can't blame the kid considering Madrid won the league and CL last season.

This is bit odd, why did we even bid without getting anything from player.

If player wants only Madrid then fair enough, just move on. Plenty of talented players will be available, just have to look beyond the obvious.
Nothing has suggested that the player wants only Madrid, only that his preferred choice is Real. Given the option of moving to Utd or waiting another full year at Lille, he might prefer the big wage rise and playing for another massive club.

He's only 18. Moving to Utd now wouldn't rule out a move to Madrid in the future by any means if he isn't happy here.

Nothing has suggested that the player wants only Madrid, only that his preferred choice is Real. Given the option of moving to Utd or waiting another full year at Lille, he might prefer the big wage rise and playing for another massive club.

He's only 18. Moving to Utd now wouldn't rule out a move to Madrid in the future by any means if he isn't happy here.

Let's see. Madrid can easily offer him big signing on fee if he moves on free transfer. Pull Madrid have is too strong.

Anyways I haven't watched this player at all, I hope he is worth the effort we are putting in and have realistic chance.

It's like you guys forget everything about the past, nothing to do with us. It's Madrid, player and selling club.

Player is in last year of contract and wants Madrid move. MAdrid know they are in strong position and will sign at their terms, smaller fee.
Yes sure I don’t really care. If there’s a huge talent out there then I want us to try to bring him in. I haven’t pinned any hopes on this one actually happening anyway.

This would be a pretty big statement signing if we could actually pull it off. I have my doubts.

Yes sure I don’t really care. If there’s a huge talent out there then I want us to try to bring him in. I haven’t pinned any hopes on this one actually happening anyway.

Yeah even I want us to try but I hope we know when to draw the line and move on if it's not happening, instead of wasting our time like we did couple of seasons ago.

It's basically a repeat of Varane moving from Lens. You get one shot at players like that for a reasonable fee before they move to a huge club, become a star, and are basically unattainable for the rest of the best parts of their career
Absolutely. My only worry is that if he decides to join us then we’ll develop him and Madrid will snatch him of us like they tend to do. Him wanting to join Madrid won’t change if he comes here, he’ll still have ambitions to play for them… which I guess means we’ll make quite a big profit.

Funny how United fans shit their pants at a great push by the club to buy one of the top talents. We try as hard as we can, that itself is already fantastic. Seems like 10 years of pissed installed a loser mentality not just in the club

This would be a pretty big statement signing if we could actually pull it off. I have my doubts.
Ye I’m really excited about this guy. Especially since it was kind of out of the blue. I mean I know we was interested but our focus was on De Ligt and Branthwaite. I guess Everton helped us move on by rejecting that offer.

Let's see. Madrid can easily offer him big signing on fee if he moves on free transfer. Pull Madrid have is too strong.

Anyways I haven't watched this player at all, I hope he is worth the effort we are putting in and have realistic chance.

That would be devastating for Lille, who deserve to be compensated for bringing along such a talented player..

How is the level of Madrid tapping up being so audacious not a bigger part of this story?

Absolutely. My only worry is that if he decides to join us then we’ll develop him and Madrid will snatch him of us like they tend to do. Him wanting to join Madrid won’t change if he comes here, he’ll still have ambitions to play for them… which I guess means we’ll make quite a big profit.

I think people overestimate the Madrid boogeyman. It's happened exactly once in our history, and took a world record bid to sell said player. If Yoro is great here and we actually are ascendant and getting back to the highest level of football, I don't think he'll randomly push for a move. Now, if he's great here and we are still in the dumps in 3 years then sure, but I'd expect that of any top player honestly.

That would be devastating for Lille, who deserve to be compensated for bringing along such a talented player..

How is the level of Madrid tapping up being so audacious not a bigger part of this story?

I guess because every single club does it, and it's such a gray area now that there's not much you can do to combat it.

Certainly annoying though, but when you win the UCL every other year it's easy to attract players as you have the winning hand already.

I’d say that would be also a good business to make. Place clause of 130-140 millions which kicks in after 3-4 years and voila. If we sell him for that kind of money I wouldn’t mind this tbh. Sometimes you have to make this kind of this deals. Spain cities are also way more attractive than Manchester for some of the players and if someone is not truly a fan of Madrid or United then he will also look at salary, game minute and location as his priorities.

This guy knows nothing.

Howson can be incredibly annoying, but it’s naive to say he knows nothing. He clearly has contacts that could have insider knowledge like Rio. Not saying he knows anything about Yoro necessarily, but he’s been fed information before.

I would say we should propose he gives us a few seasons then can fulfill his dream of Real, however that does make us look like a stepping stone which should never happen.

What does Real Madrid do with all their money? Except on Bellingham, they have barely spent that much in new players, and they have such high revenues.
Wages. Also the stadium renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.