Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a right miserable feck, I’ve listened to the Manchester is red podcast and he just darks me out, has absolutely nothing positive to say about United.

I didn't understand what people in this forum have against him so much... Until I listened to that podcast.

It's pretty awful. It's mostly never ending monologues of his. I've already heard him claim in three different podcasts (about six times altogether) that United kept ETH because 'they lost their nerve' and cry three times that when United have some information to release they'll do it wthrough one of their favourite mouthpiecesw (in other words: Probably The Athletic, but definitelly not him. He gets nothing).

Too good to be true to be honest.

Madrid will push the button and the player will go to Madrid unfortunately.

Just double what Madrid asks FFS :D

Labour laws do not compel anyone to be guaranteed first team. Otherwise Sancho would have a pretty good case to void his contract.

It would be natural to not spend as much effort in developing a player that is going to leave at the end of their contract.

I very clearly said that if it's for retaliatory measures. Sancho was dropped for disciplinary reasons.

Yoro is first choice at Lille based on current ability, not because he needs development. If he goes from first choice to completely dropped, after the club has tried to pressure him to accept a move, then it'll be challenging for the lawyers to deny the obvious.

Designed to put pressure on Everton/Branthwaite, nothing more. This kids off to Madrid

I'd rather we went a different way. I don't want a player who's made it clear he wants Madrid. If he joins us and makes it big it's just a matter of time before he's batting his eyelashes at that lot and moaning for a move.

We've bid for Branthwaite, it just got rejected.

We've agreed terms with de Ligt, and just trying to negotiate the price with Bayern. It'll happen.
We've bid for Jarrad & de Ligt ?
We've supposedly had two bids turned down for Branthwaite.

Thanks. My mind totally skipped Branthwaite bids. But i think Yoro has higher potential of the two and hope we pull him.

I think Madrid will steer clear tbh. They havent spent on a CB since 2019/2020 and usually pick them up for free. Think they'll get someone cheap or use Tchoumeni at CB more than the 9 league games he already played there this season.

So I'm hopeful this one will actually go through

Put pressure on Everton how? They don't want to sell Branthwaite.

Looks like we have just moved on as we should.

they know branthwaite wants the move and are holding out for as much fee as they can. Deal falls through = unhappy branthwaite.
No way we sign two right footed starting centre backs

What does Real Madrid do with all their money? Except on Bellingham, they have barely spent that much in new players, and they have such high revenues.

they know branthwaite wants the move and are holding out for as much fee as they can. Deal falls through = unhappy branthwaite.
No way we sign two right footed starting centre backs
If we sell Lindelof and Maguire after losing Varane why not?

I think Madrid will steer clear tbh. They havent spent on a CB since 2019/2020 and usually pick them up for free. Think they'll get someone cheap or use Tchoumeni at CB more than the 9 league games he already played there this season.

But the idea is that they'll just tell Yoro to sit tight and that they'll pick him up for free next year.

Don't think this is happening, but I hope it does go though, although I've no idea how good a player he is. When Real wants someone, they usually get them, especially when the player wants to go to play for them.

Jim said he wants us to model ourselves on Real Madrid - and he's proving this by stealing their #1 young CB target. #Nae messin

Surely Varane?

He’s 18, he might genuinely not know anything of Cantona, and even Evra’s heyday was 16 years ago.
Yes, Varane who had an unparalleled decade at Real should persuade him to join United over Real.

You don’t have a bid accepted without any sort of discussions with the player / agent first…
Isn't possible for a player to encourage a bid in order to get his preferred club to move.

That might be dicey squad management. They’ve lost Kroos this summer to retirement. Modric is ancient too. Think Tchouameni will be needed in midfield. Nacho played a lot of games last season at CB, due to injuries, and he’s now left. They have Militao, who’s just returned from a long injury, Rudiger, and Alaba who himself is rehabbing from him big injury, at CB. I would say they definitely need one more, and a young CB would slot into that line up perfectly.

I anticipated that Madrid would likely sign a CB, and an RB this summer. And potentially a DM too. All on the younger side to fit their recent trend of future proofing their squad.

Varane might vouch for Madrid considering he spent his best years there
But if he’s asked about United, he might well be positive about his experience there as he seems to be genuinely fond of the club.

Our old legends aren’t going to register for an 18-year old, especially when contrasted to a who’s who of modern French players who have lined up for Madrid during his formative years (and I’m talking like he’s not still in them, at 18! :lol:).

I am sure he will end up at Madrid, but even if there is a slight opportunity it is right to make an attempt to sign him. The key is to get a quick answer one way or the other and then move on quickly otherwise could be strung along all summer.

Isn't possible for a player to encourage a bid in order to get his preferred club to move.
Absolutely, it did cross my mind after posting

If he has the choice, it's likely to be 1.Madrid 2. PSG 3. Liverpool 4. Man Utd.

It seems like a very speculative offer.

Yes, Varane who had an unparalleled decade at Real should persuade him to join United over Real.
See other post. Of course Varane has his time at Madrid, but he’s likely to be more of an idol for an 18-year old, and he’s positive about his time here.

Nobody can be in his ear about any other club over Madrid, but Varane is one of few with the stature and experience to offer the kid an alternative perspective to at least mull over and not make picking Madrid a formality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.