Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we just spending all our budget on CBs then? :lol: Getting at least 2 makes sense. This one came out of nowhere. I reckon it’s this guy and De Ligt then. Even though we’re still pushing for Branthwaite

Lille are pushing him to come here, he wont go to Real as they cant afford him thats why they only offered 17m
Of course they can afford him. They don't want to pay market value as the players preference is to go to Madrid.

We've now screwed Madrids strategy. Pay up and match Utd offer or potentially lose the player to Utd.

So are we just spending all our budget on CBs then? :lol: Getting at least 2 makes sense. This one came out of nowhere. I reckon it’s this guy and De Ligt then. Even though we’re still pushing for Branthwaite

I wouldn't be surprised if we're trying to force Everton to lower their demands by showing them the acceptable/going rate of CBs in Europe right now. No way should Branthwaite cost more the both De Ligt and Yoro.

We need CB's. Varane is gone and one injury to Martinez and we're looking at a Maguire and Evans partnership.

Don't think we're after 3 CBs think we're after 2 with one being De Ligt basically done. We've probably just moved on from Branthwaite because of the price tag. I think he's got 2 years on his contract as well, if they don't want to take 50 mill then we should rightly move on.

Can’t see us bidding without the possibility of someone in his camp giving us the heads up. Will be rather humiliating at this point if we have a bid accepted and he then wait a year to go for free to Real?

Surely Varane?

He’s 18, he might genuinely not know anything of Cantona, and even Evra’s heyday was 16 years ago.
“He might nog know of Cantona” as if it would influence his decision :lol: Some people, man.

Can’t see us bidding without the possibility of someone in his camp giving us the heads up. Will be rather humiliating at this point if we have a bid accepted and he then wait a year to go for free to Real?
I take it you missed out on the Summer of Frenkie.

Don't think we're after 3 CBs think we're after 2 with one being De Ligt basically done. We've probably just moved on from Branthwaite because of the price tag. I think he's got 2 years on his contract as well, if they don't want to take 50 mill then we should rightly move on.

My thinking as well. As much as I'd like an up and coming English CB Everton can get fecked asking for 70m.

This is bit odd, why did we even bid without getting anything from player.

If player wants only Madrid then fair enough, just move on. Plenty of talented players will be available, just have to look beyond the obvious.

Madrid playing the pauper game as usual. Come home to where you belong Yoro.

If player wants only Madrid then fair enough, just move on. Plenty of talented players will be available, just have to look beyond the obvious.
You have to try for the best talent even if you get turned down. No harm if we lose out.

I get the feeling this is being used to get Everton to come down on their Branthwaite valuation, and Yoro has actually agreed to Real Madrid.

Otherwise I’ll be happily surprised.

“He might nog know of Cantona” as if it would influence his decision :lol: Some people, man.
But players do follow idols and those who are known as legends from their nation. Cantona wasn’t regarded as a legend in France, and his time was also the 90’s. Yoro may or may not know of Cantona, but even if he does, I doubt he’d be as revered as those who went to Madrid these past successful years and made huge names for themselves, thus carrying the power of influence themselves.

If he has the choice, it's likely to be 1.Madrid 2. PSG 3. Liverpool 4. Man Utd.

It seems like a very speculative offer.
I do not think Liverpool are that attractive right now, Arnie Slut is very much unproven, the wages will be lower and their team is ageing/leaving. Madrid unlikely to get a bid accepted at the level we have seen reported, just enough to unsettle the player so they can steal on a free next season.... the big ask is why would a player with his profile want to join utd after last season?

We might be getting used by players agent to encourage Madrid to make a move this summer. Or players agent wants a move this summer regardless? Or player via his agent has said he would be interested though Madrid is his preference. Who knows. Ball is in Yoro's court now...

We’re probably out on Branthwaite since Everton didn’t accept our bid.

I disagree. I just don't think he knows what's going on. Considering what we need in other positions I highly doubt we'll splash 150+ mill on 3 CBs.

We won't, we'll sign one then maybe another if we sell someone. You don't just bid on one player and wait though.

See other post. Of course Varane has his time at Madrid, but he’s likely to be more of an idle for an 18-year old, and he’s positive about his time here.

Nobody can be in his ear about any other club over Madrid, but Varane is one of few with the stature and experience to offer the kid an alternative perspective to at least mull over and not make picking Madrid a formality.

I think people often underestimate how much Rapha loves the club just because we weren't good while he was here compared to Madrid where he won everything.

Madrid still favourites but there’s no chance we’ve just put a random bid in without getting the green light from the players team

If Madrid don’t match this offer I can see us getting the deal done.

I think people often underestimate how much Rapha loves the club just because we weren't good while he was here compared to Madrid where he won everything.
He really did enjoy his time here. You could see how emotional he was after his last game at OT

Status
Not open for further replies.