Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should warn Real that, if they don't back down, we will never again buy their declining stars.

Not to what we bid though and why would Lille accept less than that now? Mbappe situation is slightly different, he would never be dropped for PSG, but Lille would have zero incentive to play Yoro if he wanted to do that.
Like I said, could see Madrid upping it a bit and then down to Lille to accept what players wants (which I’d hate.., don’t like player power but it is what it is) OR not play him for a year and get nothing (won’t happen).

For sure, he may also not play for a full season too. I'd be surprised if Gestifute advise him to do that.
He's 18, a year off is nothing for him

That would probably be pretty illegal on Lille's part.
Doubt it, there's no law forcing them to pick him in their first XI. They'd be wise to focus on developing someone else if he's just going to leave anyway.

Has anyone here actually watched him play that much? Hyperbole aside...just how good is he?

kid apparently is a class young CB to the point that he's got Rio on his podcast begging him to accept and joined United

Rio Ferdinand has launched a passionate plea for Manchester United to sign French wonderkid Leny Yoro.

The 18-year-old, who has been branded the 'next Virgil van Dijk', enjoyed a superb season with Lille, prompting Europe’s leading clubs with an interest in acquiring his services.

“If you’re watching Leny Yoro, please accept Man United,” the former Red Devils defender pleaded. “Man United please make the offer and please accept because with this kid, his ceiling is as high as anybody right now, [William] Saliba included.

“Physically, he’s not as developed (as Saliba) but he’s a different type of centre-half. He’s quick, he tries to nibble and get in front. He can play, he’s tall and mobile.”

This would be sensational stuff if we got him and de Ligt.

The kid’s 18. He can win the starting job here or at least be the third CB if we also get De Ligt. He’ll get tons of games and great experience and be a Madrid player by his early 20s.

No problem signing him with the understanding that we’ll let him move to Madrid in 2-3 years if the price is right as long as he will put his head down, be a professional and work hard for the club while he’s here.

When the time comes, he’ll be a more seasoned player ready to hit the ground running at Madrid, we’ll have a more valuable asset than the one we acquired and we’ll get a good fee or top player in return. All parties win.
Real don't overpay for defenders. If we pay 50 mil for him then Yoro knows that Real is off for years.
I doubt that he will refuse Real.

Doubt it, there's no law forcing them to pick him in their first XI. They'd be wise to focus on developing someone else if he's just going to leave anyway.

There are labour laws, an employer can't discipline an employee for whatever reason.

If he's removed from the team for retaliatory reasons, then voiding the contract and getting paid compensation should be pretty easy for Yoro. Might not be worth the trouble, though.

So out of all the CBs we're targeting, we have bid only for Yoro. Seems to be very high on our list then.

As Cilla Black would have said, we'll have a lorra lorra laughs with yoro.

Look sign for us, then in 3 years you can move to RM and we receive an exceptional fee. Everyone is happy.

No. It's only fair that if he comes here, he stays for a decade and wins the lot. We'll overplay him in the process, turn him into a crock, and let him go to Madrid for one last fat payday, 2034.

I'm only half joking. If he decides to come here, I think everyone involved will expect it to be for the long haul.

Ineos not messing around tbf to them.
Nothing is actually done yet, so I’m reserving judgement. It all looks great but until things are done it’s just noise. No official for De Ligt either is the word, why not? Seems simple.

So out of all the CBs we're targeting, we have bid only for Yoro. Seems to be very high on our list then.

We've bid for Branthwaite, it just got rejected.

We've agreed terms with de Ligt, and just trying to negotiate the price with Bayern. It'll happen.

Nothing is actually done yet, so I’m reserving judgement. It all looks great but until things are done it’s just noise. No official for De Ligt either is the word, why not? Seems simple.

He's still at the Euros.

I guess in this instance I meant they're working fast. Whether they are effective remains to be seen of course.

The thing which gives me slight confidence; why would we bid for him if not having positive feedback by player's agent? Lets be real, no club bids for a player without talking with his agent first.

The thing which gives me slight confidence; why would we bid for him if not having positive feedback by player's agent? Lets be real, no club bids for a player without talking with his agent first.
Of course we've had positive feedback from his agent, he'll be making multiple times as many millions out of this move as the Real one.

Luckhurst decides to add an extra 10m on for the fun of it...

He’s a right miserable feck, I’ve listened to the Manchester is red podcast and he just darks me out, has absolutely nothing positive to say about United.

We should warn Real that, if they don't back down, we will never again buy their declining stars.
Perez when he hears this.
images

We've bid for Jarrad & de Ligt ?

Every team has a huge stock of CBs. Arsenal play 4 at the same time (Tomiyasu/Timber, White, Saliba, Magalhaes) and they look set to add Calafiori while City play Gvardiol, Stones, Akanji and Dias. I won't be surprised if Martinez is moved as LB.

He's 18, a year off is nothing for him
I'm sure as an 18 year old he'll see it that way!
There are labour laws, an employer can't discipline an employee for whatever reason.

If he's removed from the team for retaliatory reasons, then voiding the contract and getting paid compensation should be pretty easy for Yoro. Might not be worth the trouble, though.
Labour laws do not compel anyone to be guaranteed first team. Otherwise Sancho would have a pretty good case to void his contract.

It would be natural to not spend as much effort in developing a player that is going to leave at the end of their contract.

don't think we'll bring in 3 CBs, but the fact that the club is apparently able to work on transfers for de Ligt, Branthwaite and Yoro all at the same time is a nice change.

I think we'll get 2. Hopefully De Ligt and Yoro.

Has anyone here actually watched him play that much? Hyperbole aside...just how good is he?

As good as you'll get from an 18 year old CB

Plenty to learn and not the strongest, but he's tall and comfortable on the ball and can defend

In 18 months-2 years he'll probably look a fantastic CB

Would be a good signing and he’ll get plenty of game time. We must have received some encouragement from his agent to place a bid. It could all be a ruse to get Madrid involved, but if they don’t have the money (Mbappe must be costing them a fortune) then we might have a clear run.

Yoro & De Ligt would be a good start to the summer.

Garnacho and Mainoo say hello.

Not really. One is in his second year, the other doesn't even have a full season.

They've both done really well, but we've yet to really see how they DEVELOP. It will be judged long term. In the last decade, United wasted plenty of talents.

I only watched one full game of his. It was the last match of the season against Nice which ended 2-2.

Difficult to judge as it was a chaotic game where both teams defensively were constantly at panic stations.

He's a good young talent and he did fair better than the other United target Todibo who iirc was hauled off at half-time tbf he might've been injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.