Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
While United is not his club of choice, these type of bids show United's progress in the market. A lot to gain if he turns out to be a good player and nothing to lose if he rejects United. Won't know until we try to bid.

Everton would see United are serious about moving away. Last decade's United would be in Everton's office with a cheque book.

We most probably will not get Yoro or Branthwaith but it signals a difference in how United is conducting transfers.

Hopefully we should see results in a couple of seasons where the United tax isn't applied.

Let's see how this works out.

If we was challenging for the title or had just won it last season i could see him picking us over madrid and then moving there in a few years but can’t see why he would choose us over madrid when we have a ridiculed manager aswell and they have one of the greatest of all time

You don’t have a bid accepted without any sort of discussions with the player / agent first…

This is pretty much always true, but I wonder if in this case it's more us putting in the highest bid to show how keen we are on the lad and maybe turn his head. Would be class though if all this paper talk was rubbish and he was also just as keen to come to us.

Do we really want a player who prefers somewhere else?

We finished 8th, there's barely anyone in our own team never mind others who wouldn't prefer to be elsewhere.

We just need professionals who will give it their all, who cares if we're their number one destination.

Not at all.
I still think we’re in for Branthwaite even if we’re on the verge of signing De Ligt

This hinges on Yoro actually wanting to come to United and to be fair, I don’t want someone who is twerking for Madrid and will be when he steps foot in the door at United.Personally don’t think it’s happening

Lindeloff, Sancho, Greenwood, Maguire will provide a lot of funds.

There must be a reason why we’re bidding for all these players despite having no money.

Bids currently in for Zirkzee, Ugarte, Yoro, De Ligt & Branthwaite. Most of them over £40M too.

Looking at Toney too. We’re moving fast and I suspect many will be out the door too.
I think this is overblown. There's nothing wrong with a preference, we're no where near the level of Madrid and they have a core of the national team there. If they don't want to spend more than 20m on him, I'm sure he won't feel super warm to them. I'm sure he'll be super happy to be part of a big club in either option.

We must have talked to him before putting in such huge bid. It doesn’t make any sense as the reports are that he is hell bent on signing for Real Madrid

Do we really want a player who prefers somewhere else?

Yes. Most players that move to United currently, likely would have moved elsewhere if given the chance to pick (especially so if the other option is Real Madrid). It’s OK, and there’s nothing inherently wrong with that - United needs to build itself back up - so long as the player as a professional attitude, it is fine.

You can’t possibly think that every player performing at City, for example. Really wanted to go/loves it there.

I think this is overblown. There's nothing wrong with a preference, we're no where near the level of Madrid and they have a core of the national team there. If they don't want to spend more than 20m on him, I'm sure he won't feel super warm to them. I'm sure he'll be super happy to be part of a big club in either option.
I think they’ll up their bid a bit OR just say “wait a year, join us on a free” a la Mbappe

I respect that the club are trying to go toe to toe with Madrid for this transfer even if the player ultimately rejects us. Shows that INEOS do have ambition and appreciate the club should be at the big boys table competing for all the best young players in the world.

Last edited:
Tell him that we will sell him to RM after 2 years.

Yeah the only way this goes through is if we give him a release clause (valid only for RM). Maybe becomes active after 3 years here.

This would be infinitely better than paying 50+ for Branthwaite. Why overpay for the next Maguire when we can get the next Varane? If we see Licha as the foundation for our defense, then we should be looking to pair him with a complimentary player like Yoro that has good recovery pace and is more measured similar to a Varane.

I’m not worried about his love for Madrid at all. If he wants to leave in a few years, they can have him…for 80-100 mil.

Real will offer €20m and sign him. Kids these days don't want the challenge unfortunately. Sigh.

I think they’ll up their bid a bit OR just say “wait a year, join us on a free” a la Mbappe
Not to what we bid though and why would Lille accept less than that now? Mbappe situation is slightly different, he would never be dropped for PSG, but Lille would have zero incentive to play Yoro if he wanted to do that.

What would Varane say to Yoro?

About the choice of going to Madrid or United....

Camavinga waited for Madrid even when it looked like they weren't that keen on him either. If Madrid want Yoro that's where he will go. Hope I'm proven wrong but this sounds like the only pointless offer so far under INEOS.

If Yoro ensures Lille lose out on €50m by choosing to go to Real Madrid for free next year, then I suspect they won't be too happy about it and may even bench him for the entire season.

I’d rather this guy with Branthwaite than De Ligt to be honest buts it’s De Ligt definitely with either one of the other 2

Camavinga waited for Madrid even when it looked like they weren't that keen on him either. If Madrid want Yoro that's where he will go. Hope I'm proven wrong but this sounds like the only pointless offer so far under INEOS.
That was also different, as Real still paid 30m euros for Camavinga. Yoro's contract expires next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.