Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see us getting both him and de ligt, the latter would be a starter and I doubt we have any plans to move martinez so aside from the cup games and injury situations here and there when is he going to start?

It's not like martinez and de ligt are old either, if they gell we could potentially have them around for 5 seasons or so.

Yes. I agree with the point about South American players, I think that’s mostly to do with historic ties. And would apply to most African / Asian countries in favour of the premier league during the 90s
True. Sadly Asia barely produces good players and African good players have a lot of french and portuguese influence which nowadays is way closer to Real Madrid and Barcelona than to us.

Can't see us getting both him and de ligt, the latter would be a starter and I doubt we have any plans to move martinez so aside from the cup games and injury situations here and there when is he going to start?

It's not like martinez and de ligt are old either, if they gell we could potentially have them around for 5 seasons or so.

Even if Martinez and the RCB are fit all season, they should definitely only start like 2/3s of them. All other top clubs rotate effectively, not sure why it's so foreign to united.

Not sure you understand how good Yoro is. Perhaps he may be slowly introduced but if we were to sign him he will replace De Ligt in due course. There’s a reason he’s the most highly rated young defender in football. If he progresses, he will be the first defender on the teamsheet.

If you look at City and their CHs, they manage them and they have hardly any issues when one gets injured… that’s where we need to aim for. The question is whether we can do it in this window and whether Yoro would play a rotating part.

Not sure you understand how good Yoro is. Perhaps he may be slowly introduced but if we were to sign him he will replace De Ligt in due course. There’s a reason he’s the most highly rated young defender in football. If he progresses, he will be the first defender on the teamsheet.
As highly rated he may be he would still need constant game time to realize his potential.
If you look at City and their CHs, they manage them and they have hardly any issues when one gets injured… that’s where we need to aim for. The question is whether we can do it in this window and whether Yoro would play a rotating part.
Pep has recently started using them as left backs at times, will we do the same?

As highly rated he may be he would still need constant game time to realize his potential.
Pep has recently started using them as left backs at times, will we do the same?

Which he will of course get, if we so go ahead and sign him, for what would be more money than De Ligt I imagine.

United has been doing very well with giving youth players game time in the past years. Not an issue at all at United, as long as the player is good enough. And that might be the very small chance that we have

I love Martinez at CB, but wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a CDM, especially if we get two CB’s this year. I think Martinez would do very well. Has the fight, but can also play a bit too, as a shorter defender he also has the awareness and reading of the game required to intercept so could be great future CDM.

I love Martinez at CB, but wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a CDM, especially if we get two CB’s this year. I think Martinez would do very well. Has the fight, but can also play a bit too, as a shorter defender he also has the awareness and reading of the game required to intercept as a CDM and breakup play.
I think that he might play LB if we sign 2 starters at CB. At the end of the season Dalot was coming infield and getting involved in the build up more, I could see Lisandro playing that role.

I think that he might play LB if we sign 2 starters at CB. At the end of the season Dalot was coming infield and getting involved in the build up more, I could see Lisandro playing that role.
Think when fit Shaw is an automatic starter, can see Martinez covering at LB if Shaw is injured and we have two suitable CB’s in the squad.

I agree on this, probably why we haven't heard any noises from the club about getting a LB this summer. Yoro is quite two footed, De Ligt has also played as a LCB. I could definitely see De Ligt as a LCB and Yoro as RCB, they would suit each other well. De Ligt is aggressive and pushes up while Yoro is a great sweeper at the back. This would be amazing if we get it done. Martinez then moves to LB and inverts where he can help with the build up and add that progressive passing ability that De Ligt and Yoro lack.

If we get it done, we would get both Yoro and De Ligt for around the same price Everton are quoting for Branthwaite!

I agree on this, probably why we haven't heard any noises from the club about getting a LB this summer. Yoro is quite two footed, De Ligt has also played as a LCB. I could definitely see De Ligt as a LCB and Yoro as RCB, they would suit each other well. De Ligt is aggressive and pushes up while Yoro is a great sweeper at the back. This would be amazing if we get it done. Martinez then moves to LB and inverts where he can help with the build up and add that progressive passing ability that De Ligt and Yoro lack.

If we get it done, we would get both Yoro and De Ligt for around the same price Everton are quoting for Branthwaite!
He won't come. We ain't beating Madrid.

I just searched this thread for posts that did not include "we can't compete with Real Madrid" and there we only two laughing emoji posts.

I'm thinking Madrid won't pay up. They will tell him to wait till Jan 2025 to sign for free.

No way we can get him if RM also want him..
OR
we will be the step stones and link to RM every years :lol:

He seems to be an elite talent. Even if our chances of getting him are low, we should be trying to get these players. Obviously there’s been some encouragement.

And if there’s negativity around it, it’s not like we’re repeating the mistakes of previous years. We’re actively going for multiple players at once so being after Yoro isn’t causing us to miss out on deals is elsewhere. Good signs in my opinion.

Think he's set on Mardid by all accounts, but if we do get him, surely you don't bench one of Martinez/De Ligt/Yoro? Are we going to explore playing with a back 3? Could Martinez play further forward? Or do we just not trust Martinez' fitness?

Think he's set on Mardid by all accounts, but if we do get him, surely you don't bench one of Martinez/De Ligt/Yoro? Are we going to explore playing with a back 3? Could Martinez play further forward? Or do we just not trust Martinez' fitness?
Yoro is just 18, Martinez and De Ligt both have injury problems, so all three would play lots of matches.

Remember that even Varane was not immediately a starter at Madrid.

i wonder why are we even bidding if it is true he only wants Real. I mean its silly if we do. Unless.... we got some encouragement

i wonder why are we even bidding if it is true he only wants Real. I mean its silly if we do. Unless.... we got some encouragement
It’s probably bullshit and a ruse to get Real to pay up.

Perhaps it isn't that he only wants Madrid, but that's his preference. That possibility stays on the table for him in the future if he moves to United now anyway.

Going back to the tweet though, I don't think it's a great source. At least, I've never heard of it.

That's quite the gap in value between bids...

Wonder if the Lille will exert any pressure to help make it happen

Last edited:
Unlikely to land him with his preference being Madrid but no harm in trying , you never know.

Yoro is just 18, Martinez and De Ligt both have injury problems, so all three would play lots of matches.

Remember that even Varane was not immediately a starter at Madrid.

Maybe we would use Yoro alongside Maguire in the 8 Europa League group stage games amd the early league cup games so that Martinez and De Ligt arent playing every few days and being at high risk of injury.

Signing De Ligt and Yoro would completely refresh our CB options. Would be crazy if we pull this off.

If it came down to a choice then De Ligt can feck off and we should do this deal instead.

Seems like we've moved on from Branthwaite and trying again for Yoro. Fair play to Ashworth/INEOS.

Would be crazy to imagine another player waiting a year so they could move to RM for free.

Mbappe and Yoro moving for nothing is a absolute mountain of cash saved by Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.