Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys … need a better sales pitch than this. Seriously.

You are Manchester effing United. Still one of maybe 4 clubs everyone on Earth can name. Still a massive economic and social currency power. And you are embarking on a project to bring everything at the club back to a top standard. That shouldn’t be a hard sell.

Tell him you have earmarked a few elite talents at each position, and you believe he can be one of them, but the train is moving faster every day; get on or regret being left behind by something special.

Might have got more of a buy in from him IF we could point to someone who has already been attracted to this project. Heck even someone experienced like Kimmich/Rabiot may prove a lure (can't see either without Champions League though)

Last edited:
Honestly what I'd do is throw more money than Madrid at him and give him a decent release clause for just the Spanish clubs.

United shouldn’t ever, at any point, deal in “release clauses” for any player. Ever.

I get it, we’re currently washed, but please respect the size of this institution.

United shouldn’t ever, at any point, deal in “release clauses” for any player. Ever.

I get it, we’re currently washed, but please respect the size of this institution.

Sometimes you have to be flexible to get a player

Not when it comes to release clauses. Do you understand what that precedent would mean for United, and future transfer plans?

United shouldn’t ever deal in release clauses, not if the goal is to truly reach the pinnacle of club football. Get a grip, we’re a top 5 club in world football. Setting a precedent like that is insane.

Not when it comes to release clauses. Do you understand what that precedent would mean for United, and future transfer plans?

United shouldn’t ever deal in release clauses, not if the goal is to truly reach the pinnacle of club football. Get a grip, we’re a top 5 club in world football. Setting a precedent like that is insane.

I'm not saying a release clause I meant a sort of gentleman's agreement like we did with Ronaldo

What a load of shite!
Didn't we make a 51mil bid for him over a week ago???
You couldn't make this shite up.....obviously some can and the idiots lap it up :wenger:

I only believe bids when Romano or Ornstein say it

He has moved down a peg then as he is just into predictions now.

Ornstein normally breaks all the big news nowadays. OrnyBombas for days. BBC is normally a few hours behind.

Edit: used to be him and Laurie Whitwell but LW has gone a bit quiet at the moment??

100% agree, release clauses are for small time clubs, it is enforced in Spain so that's why you see Madrid and Barca use too otherwise they won't.

If we bring this fella, he has to be assessed as someone who believes he can succeeed here, not use the club as a stepping stone, even when CR7 left us for Madrid, he left as some one who won with United every trophy he could win as well as being crowned as the best in the world.

Giving some players a release clause is possibly a stepping stone United need to entertain.

What do we lose from this?
If it’s the only way to attract the player, we do it.
We get 1-3 years of good service from the player, while building a side that’s capable of attracting better players.

We sell the lad for a profit, reinvest the money but don’t need to be held as much to ransome as we’re in a more appealing position.

Wasn’t there a time it was us or Dortmund for Haaland, but we refused a release clause.
The goals we’ve been lacking the last4 or 5 years, imagine if we had him scoring 20-30 goals for us for a few seasons and then even profited at the end of it

We were not dissimilar in our hey day, and there's a reason why Casemiro, Varane etc come to us before any other club. Wages are only part of it, though obviously Real have a more than significant edge right now overall.
They joined us because we were a top 4/5 club that was willing to give them mega money and they both knew United during the SAF era.

Yoro is what, 18 or 19, we've been going downhill for the past 10 years.

I just hope we don't waste all summer going after him.

Dear Lille,

Sell Yoro to Man Utd and Nice will loan Todibo to you for one season.

If those City bastards can take the piss with loopholes, so can we.

Kind regards,

SJR

Feels like we’re wasting our time again.. going after players fluttering their eyelashes at Madrid only ever ends up with one outcome.. there’s so many players out there that I’m sure would love to play for us, why do we only ever seem to target the ones that aren’t interested?

My point entirely.
Your point doesn't make sense.
You asked if we made a bid a while ago. You were told effectively, no, because Ornstein didn't report this. You then said Ornstein just predicts, before resting on some nonsense page saying we did make a bid.

This is aninsanely talented 18year old kid who hashad a very good season, but understandably is still a rough diamond.

Release clauses,gentlmans agreements.....no, no player is bigger than the club,if he doesnt really want to come and wants to wait for Madrid,thatis fairenough and his perogative....we should then move on.

As poor as we have been, we arelooking tobuild something and if a player isnt enticed by that, especially an 18yr old, we shouldnt even bid. There are literally loads of quality young cb totarget this summer

Your point doesn't make sense.
You asked if we made a bid a while ago. You were told effectively, no, because Ornstein didn't report this. You then said Ornstein just predicts, before resting on some nonsense page saying we did make a bid.
What are you talking about?
I didn't say anything about Ornstein reporting we had made a bid for Yoro I was referring to another post that stated we have made contact with Yoro and was mocking that along with the one that I posted.
The Ornstein prediction comment is based on him saying that he had given up predicting on what was going to happen to Ten Hag a while ago for your information!

What are you talking about?
I didn't say anything about Ornstein reporting we had made a bid for Yoro I was referring to another post that stated we have made contact with Yoro and was mocking that along with the one that I posted.
The Ornstein prediction comment is based on him saying that he had given up predicting on what was going to happen to Ten Hag a while ago for your information!
He was asked a question on a podcast. If he was on BBC he would have said the same thing. This idea that he's gone down a tier because he didn't have a crystal ball when asked a question in a video is just misguided.

Moreover, we didn't make a bid for Yoro. So going back to your "didn't we make a bid for Yoro?" The answer is no:

What a load of shite!
Didn't we make a 51mil bid for him over a week ago???
You couldn't make this shite up.....obviously some can and the idiots lap it up :wenger:

If you wanted to believe that we made a bid a few weeks ago, and are now getting pissed off that it wasnt actually the case, that's more of a you problem. Back to Ornstein though, he's the most credible it gets. There's not a single journalist who will know early information as accurately as he does and that includes the BBC (who tend to just confirm news once it's effectively done).

He was asked a question on a podcast. If he was on BBC he would have said the same thing. This idea that he's gone down a tier because he didn't have a crystal ball when asked a question in a video is just misguided.

Moreover, we didn't make a bid for Yoro. So going back to your "didn't we make a bid for Yoro?" The answer is no:

If you wanted to believe that we made a bid a few weeks ago, and are now getting pissed off that it wasnt actually the case, that's more of a you problem. Back to Ornstein though, he's the most credible it gets. There's not a single journalist who will know early information as accurately as he does and that includes the BBC (who tend to just confirm news once it's effectively done).
Does my post really give you the impression that I believed it?

Real Madrid in the picture, we might as well move from this sooner the better

Mario Cortegana is, and this is one of those worst-kept secrets in the football. He is Real Madrid bound. Onto the Brantwaite thread.
Yaaaaaasssssssssss. Ok, time for removal of penis and such

Centre back is one of the only positions globally where there is genuinely oodles of depth so don't think we should be breaking the bank on anyone for this position let alone a teenager where you're buying more for the potential they might achieve than the current level they play at. We just have too much to do in the transfer market to be overpaying when there's substitutes that will do a very good job for cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.