Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's marca. Calm down. When someone like Ornstein or Romano says so then you can start moaning about Madrid getting all the players

Also we aren't paying what Lille wants apparently, so Yoro would have to reject all other destinations and force them to lower their demands

It's marca. Calm down. When someone like Ornstein or Romano says so then you can start moaning about Madrid getting all the players

Also we aren't paying what Lille wants apparently, so Yoro would have to reject all other destinations and force them to lower their demands
Unfortunately, this transfer makes nothing but sense for Madrid so it will end up how we all expect it to. Top young talent, French core, Nacho gone.

Unfortunately, this transfer makes nothing but sense for Madrid so it will end up how we all expect it to. Top young talent, French core, Nacho gone.
Nacho is not confirmed yet but they have sold Rafa Marin to Napoli who would have been a natural succesor to Nacho for a little over 10 million euro.

Nacho is not confirmed yet but they have sold Rafa Marin to Napoli who would have been a natural succesor to Nacho for a little over 10 million euro.

Thank you, lock the thread then!

Is he the only highly rated young CB available? fecking shut down the thread and hope our club have a longer list than one target.

Is he the only highly rated young CB available? fecking shut down the thread and hope our club have a longer list than one target.

He’s the best one, and also happens to be cheaper than the others who are not as promising.

Makes sense seeing he how he seems to be much more in esetem than braithwaite while potentially costing less for any suitors involved, now whether we'll be capable of wresting him from real is another matter entirely.

Makes sense seeing he how he seems to be much more in esetem than braithwaite while potentially costing less for any suitors involved, now whether we'll be capable of wresting him from real is another matter entirely.

Yeah INEOS would have to really roll out red carpet and make him totally buy into their project

Yeah INEOS would have to really roll out red carpet and make him totally buy into their project
Another option would be putting him on varane money straight away which might tempt him and we should be capable of but would we really want to do entertain that as it might backfire massively lest he turns out to be a dud.

Another option would be putting him on varane money straight away which might tempt him and we should be capable of but would we really want to do entertain that as it might backfire massively lest he turns out to be a dud.

This would be a terrible idea. I’d rather walk away, regardless of how good he ends up being.

We have at least the same off field appeal if not more (not counting players preferring to live in Madrid). But we're so far away from their on field appeal.
Salary wise Utd can probably offer even more. Weather, city, and the food Madrid is obviously the winner. Real Madrid also challenges for domestic league and CL title every season.

Salary wise Utd can probably offer even more. Weather, city, and the food Madrid is obviously the winner. Real Madrid also challenges for domestic league and CL title every season.
By off-field I mean size of the club and subsequent prestige and commercial opps etc. Salary is only a small part of that. More non football fans have heard of Man United than any other club in the world, it's why we consistently rank as the most valuable football club in the world and sign the record sponsorship deals despite being shite.

By off-field I mean size of the club and subsequent prestige and commercial opps etc. Salary is only a small part of that. More non football fans have heard of Man United than any other club in the world, it's why we consistently rank as the most valuable football club in the world and sign the record sponsorship deals despite being shite.
Man Utd is a big club and no one deny that, but you are comparing the pulling power with Real Madrid, and I am just stating the obvious. You said Utd has same off field appeal than Real Madrid if not more, and I don't think many people other than Utd fans agree with you.

Man Utd is a big club and no one deny that, but you are comparing the pulling power with Real Madrid, and I am just stating the obvious. You said Utd has same off field appeal than Real Madrid if not more, and I don't think many people other than Utd fans agree with you.
We were not dissimilar in our hey day, and there's a reason why Casemiro, Varane etc come to us before any other club. Wages are only part of it, though obviously Real have a more than significant edge right now overall.

Come on Leny son, we will pay you more, play you more and if in a few years you’re not winning enough trophies then you can feck off to Madrid. You know it makes sense.

Isn't he about to enter the last year of his contract? I would imagine if Madrid want him they need to get on with it as I'm sure Lille are motivated to sell now.

I suppose he could hold out for a free transfer to Madrid next year but I always think that kind of thing is a risk, I guess career ending injuries are rare, but even a serious one could cause issues.

Honestly what I'd do is throw more money than Madrid at him and give him a decent release clause for just the Spanish clubs.

Oh yeah and a fat paycheck to the agent.

5+1 contract, 175k p/w, 4-5m to the agent, 80m release clause for Madrid or Barca

Otherwise it's hard to see how it'll happen

Or buy him and put a release clause with a sizeable profit in it that is triggered in a couple years time. If Real Madrid want him they can pay for him. We get him for a few years and make decent profit on him. I get it’s not ideal and we’re man united and all that but it’s no secret he will feck off to Madrid at some stage. Time we start making some money on players at least.

Or buy him and put a release clause with a sizeable profit in it that is triggered in a couple years time. If Real Madrid want him they can pay for him. We get him for a few years and make decent profit on him. I get it’s not ideal and we’re man united and all that but it’s no secret he will feck off to Madrid at some stage. Time we start making some money on players at least.

Yeah that's the plan I would propose as well

Honestly what I'd do is throw more money than Madrid at him and give him a decent release clause for just the Spanish clubs.

Oh yeah and a fat paycheck to the agent.

5+1 contract, 175k p/w, 4-5m to the agent, 80m release clause for Madrid or Barca

Otherwise it's hard to see how it'll happen

Something like this. We have to make concessions these days to get the best players in the door while we rebuild. Hope we can sign him up to a better deal for us if he reaches his potential

I doubt our reputation in France is all that great these days with Nice treading water and Pogba and Martial leaving under poor circumstances. Money talks though. Fingers crossed.

Real Madrid and Chelsea should just buy all the players between them.

Then loan out or sell the ones we don’t want. We are making an honest effort!

At least we are buying.

It feels like Madrid want him to wait a year for the move (which… generally works).

But if Lille are insistent on selling this Summer United have a real chance.

Something like this. We have to make concessions these days to get the best players in the door while we rebuild. Hope we can sign him up to a better deal for us if he reaches his potential

I doubt our reputation in France is all that great these days with Nice treading water and Pogba and Martial leaving under poor circumstances. Money talks though. Fingers crossed.

You guys … need a better sales pitch than this. Seriously.

You are Manchester effing United. Still one of maybe 4 clubs everyone on Earth can name. Still a massive economic and social currency power. And you are embarking on a project to bring everything at the club back to a top standard. That shouldn’t be a hard sell.

Tell him you have earmarked a few elite talents at each position, and you believe he can be one of them, but the train is moving faster every day; get on or regret being left behind by something special.

You guys … need a better sales pitch than this. Seriously.

You are Manchester effing United. Still one of maybe 4 clubs everyone on Earth can name. Still a massive economic and social currency power. And you are embarking on a project to bring everything at the club back to a top standard. That shouldn’t be a hard sell.

Tell him you have earmarked a few elite talents at each position, and you believe he can be one of them, but the train is moving faster every day; get on or regret being left behind by something special.

That pitch doesn't work if the other suitor is Real Madrid.

That pitch doesn't work if the other suitor is Real Madrid.

Yeah when was the last time we managed to win a transfer race with Real, also hard to talk about earmarking talents too when by all accounts we need to sell in order to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.