Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck you and your realism!

INEOS dreams can be buy.

Branthwaite and Todibo it is then.
:lol: I'd love us to sign two or three centre backs, but it could just be Branthwaite. I reckon we'll leave Todibo hanging in the background and if we have enough money left towards the end of the window and we've managed to shift Lindelof or Maguire, we'll make a move.

While I’d love to see it, it would be too much too soon to spend on both.

We buy 2 CBs and we’ll end up sacrificing either a LB, CM/DM or ST.
I would agree with you mate but with Shaw not being reliable as far as availability is concerned and reports alluding to us looking to sign a LB. I think it would be a good idea to utilise Branthwaite out wide in the build up phase and allow him to come inside to form a 3 once we've progressed the ball. I think this way he's not overly relied upon on the ball but has a bigger responsibility defending the channel on the left which plays to his strengths.

I'm not sure if that will be the idea, but it's something that would be more interesting for me than signing a more convential LB.

We should go all in on this transfer, especially if he is valued at €50m. Much better investment than anything north of £40m on Branthwaite. I know Real have much better chances but I think we gotta try, he's very special.

:lol: I'd love us to sign two or three centre backs, but it could just be Branthwaite. I reckon we'll leave Todibo hanging in the background and if we have enough money left towards the end of the window and we've managed to shift Lindelof or Maguire, we'll make a move.

Poor Todibo, knowing he's our second choice French centre back in France.

If the Branthwaite signing is true/gonna follow through then I think we're quite likely going to get a second CB. I can't imagine INEOS putting up £50-60m+ (I'm assuming) as our first transfer without the idea of a second CB, even with the caveat of getting a CM + striker too.

I think Maguire and/or Lindelof are going as their value to us now is at their highest. Ah feck it, I know it's based more on hope but we must believeeeeeeee.

Could buy both, offload one of Lindelof/Maguire along with Casemiro, Greenwood and Sancho to free up room for other positions. But I agree we'd need to sell very well, plus maybe say a wan bissaka on top.
Casemiro to Saudi may pay for one player outright.

Greenwood for ~£40m would be a huge benefit too. But I think these sales need to happen to fund other transfers too.

Yoro will probably be a ~£40-50m acquisition for someone optimistically. Let’s say Branthwaite comes out at ~£60m that’s a lot to cover without even touching CM/DM or ST.

I want 2 CBs but I’ll be surprised if it’s 2 of that expense.

I’d love:
  • 2 CBs
  • 1 LB
  • 1 DM
  • 1 CM
  • 1 ST
  • 1 RW
But that’s not realistic in one window.
I would agree with you mate but with Shaw not being reliable as far as availability is concerned and reports alluding to us looking to sign a LB. I think it would be a good idea to utilise Branthwaite out wide in the build up phase and allow him to come inside to form a 3 once we've progressed the ball. I think this way he's not overly relied upon on the ball but has a bigger responsibility defending the channel on the left which plays to his strengths.

I'm not sure if that will be the idea, but it's something that would be more interesting for me than signing a more convential LB.
I like him and can see the appeal and how he’d fit in. My concern is mainly the fee. INEOS can’t be seen to overpay.

I just don’t know that we can afford that much young quality in one window.

Greenwood for ~£40m would be a huge benefit too. But I think these sales need to happen to fund other transfers too.

Yoro will probably be a ~£40-50m acquisition for someone optimistically. Let’s say Branthwaite comes out at ~£60m that’s a lot to cover without even touching CM/DM or ST.

I’d love:
  • 2 CBs
  • 1 LB
  • 1 DM
  • 1 CM
  • 1 ST
  • 1 RW

I like him and can see the appeal and how he’d fit in. My concern is mainly the fee. INEOS can’t be seen to overpay.

It is doable with 1 or 2 free transfers.

Poor Todibo, knowing he's our second choice French centre back in France.

If the Branthwaite signing is true/gonna follow through then I think we're quite likely going to get a second CB. I can't imagine INEOS putting up £50-60m+ (I'm assuming) as our first transfer without the idea of a second CB, even with the caveat of getting a CM + striker too.

I think Maguire and/or Lindelof are going as their value to us now is at their highest. Ah feck it, I know it's based more on hope but we must believeeeeeeee.
I like your optimism. I hope it happens.

I’d love:
  • 2 CBs
  • 1 LB
  • 1 DM
  • 1 CM
  • 1 ST
  • 1 RW

I agree, it's hard to predict what can be done and I think lots on here have very unrealistic expectations about what transfer fees and personal terms need to be offered.

I also just read a bit of the James Ducker article and he's reporting that we also want Yoro on top of signing Branthwaite. But I'm not sure we'll be able to sign Yoro with Madrid and PSG in the mix.

Someone shamelessly used google translate. :lol:

did you ever stop for a minute and think “if we didn’t use this stupid, made-up language, that people wouldn’t need to translate it?”

Hincapie would be better for that and cheaper, no?

Hincapie would be better for that and cheaper, no?
I can only speak on what the club will potentially do regards recruitment, and I myself probably would look outside of the EPL for solutions. But if they did go with Branthwaite, then I think he does have the physicality and pace while being functional technically to be a plus point in a team that wants to play a more expansive game in a higher defensive line. I don't think we can rely on him heavily in the build up phase but with Martinez and a new signing in the holding midfield role who can drop back into the RCB slot in the build phase, it will create conditions for Branthwaite to thrive out of possession and we should hope to see his on the ball game improve further as he's still very young. It's why for me the holding midfield position is absolutely crucial for us to upgrade along with signing the correct profiles at CB. I'm hoping to see news of the holding midfielder arriving soon because having a midfielder with the requisite qualities will give us great flexibility and we won't have to overly rely on certain players on the ball in the first line.

Leny Yoro is a also someone that isn't the most progressive in possession. But what he's remarkably very good at already is that he's extremely composed on the ball along with having the pace and athleticism to control the space in the channel.

If Madrid aren’t interested in paying a good fee then we should be able to outbid Liverpool if we really rate him highly.

If Madrid aren’t interested in paying a good fee then we should be able to outbid Liverpool if we really rate him highly.
I doubt it. They won't mess about if in with a chance, like when they bid £100m for Caicedo.

We won't be getting him and Branthwaite anyway.

I doubt it. They won't mess about if in with a chance, like when they bid £100m for Caicedo.

We won't be getting him and Branthwaite anyway.

Why not?

Our main problem this year was our back line.

Casemiro played CB. Martinez was injured. Varane was also out and has now left the club. Shaw was also injured so our 2nd LCB is also just as injury prone as Martinez. Malacia hasnt played in a year.

I think we will go for Yoro & Brantwaithe.

Brantwaithe price is going to be much cheaper than people assume. This is Ineos bidding for them, not, the glazers. We will be harsh, use the player's craving to join here against the club he is leaving & Everton has money problems aswell.

We can get Brantwaithe for 50-55 million & Yoro for 40 million with a higher wage for Yoro than Madrid would offer.

I'm unsure about this but Rudiger may be Madrid's most important defender so Yoro wouldn't be a guaranteed starter there.

Whilst in our case we have moved Varane on & have an absolute hole at RCB.

Yoro wont be expensive either as Ligue 1 defenders tend to leave for approx 30-40 million.

I’d love:
  • 2 CBs
  • 1 LB
  • 1 DM
  • 1 CM
  • 1 ST
  • 1 RW

Yeah that's exactly what we need, I would say 5 of those absolute maximum (with sales) is possible this summer, so which two are you leaving out?

He looks unconvincing in the videos. Skewed clearances, misdirected headers, just about manages to not lose the majority of the duels.

The only way we will be buying 2 CBs this window is by selling one.

Why not?

Our main problem this year was our back line.

Casemiro played CB. Martinez was injured. Varane was also out and has now left the club. Shaw was also injured so our 2nd LCB is also just as injury prone as Martinez. Malacia hasnt played in a year.

I think we will go for Yoro & Brantwaithe.

Brantwaithe price is going to be much cheaper than people assume. This is Ineos bidding for them, not, the glazers. We will be harsh, use the player's craving to join here against the club he is leaving & Everton has money problems aswell.

We can get Brantwaithe for 50-55 million & Yoro for 40 million with a higher wage for Yoro than Madrid would offer.

I'm unsure about this but Rudiger may be Madrid's most important defender so Yoro wouldn't be a guaranteed starter there.

Whilst in our case we have moved Varane on & have an absolute hole at RCB.

Yoro wont be expensive either as Ligue 1 defenders tend to leave for approx 30-40 million.
Money.

The only way we will be buying 2 CBs this window is by selling one.
Not necessarily, Evans will take a step back into emergency player territory next season. He'll play a couple of cup games and see out his career nicely snug in his warm jacket on the bench.

Let's be realistic and say Branthwaite & Todibo
I mean I could see that happening if we can get Todibo for the reported lower fee (wages shouldn’t be an issue given who we are likely to offload).

In that scenario I wonder if we sacrifice the extra CM and probably the RW.

I can’t see us going into next season with only Højlund as a striker. It’s unsustainable.

I can’t see there being the confidence in LB for fitness issues so that feels non negotiable.

And id rather strengthen our spine to be able to play a high line moreso than anything else.

I mean I could see that happening if we can get Todibo for the reported lower fee (wages shouldn’t be an issue given who we are likely to offload).

I can’t see us going into next season with only Højlund as a striker. It’s unsustainable.

I can’t see there being the confidence in LB for fitness issues so that feels non negotiable.

And id rather strengthen our spine to be able to play a high line moreso than anything else.

Has been very little solid talk of signing a LB, then again not much about a CDM either but that's probably due to Casemiro still not sold

Has been very little solid talk of signing a LB, then again not much about a CDM either but that's probably due to Casemiro still not sold

Been reported extensively we will sign a LB which seemed a bit odd, Romano has been saying it consistently for about 2 months. So much so that the club must know who the target is but are keeping it quiet

Been reported extensively we will sign a LB which seemed a bit odd, Romano has been saying it consistently for about 2 months. So much so that the club must know who the target is but are keeping it quiet

Would love to say Davies but no being realistic maybe one of Kerkez,Ait Nouri or Doughty

Would love to say Davies but no being realistic maybe one of Kerkez,Ait Nouri or Doughty
Davies is so overrated while I don't think we'll sign Kerkez or Ait Nouri because of what their teams would want for them. I think we will (or should) go after Doughty, M.Gutierrez or Locko.

Everyone's saying Madrid bound but let's remember that they hate dealing with Mendes and avoid his players like the plague. We're still in this as long as we're not cheap and hesitant.

Davies is so overrated while I don't think we'll sign Kerkez or Ait Nouri because of what their teams would want for them. I think we will (or should) go after Doughty, M.Gutierrez or Locko.

I think we do a deal for Kerkez for around 30m

A shame that Madrid fancy him, haven't watched a lot of the player but he looks like has the ability and poise to go far.

From all the young upcoming CBs options out there.

Yoro is best with the ball. The technical. So playing him a side with a robust, aggressive CB like Vidic, Stam and Desailly. It will make a really good and strong CB duo.

Playing a side Martinez will maybe beast him up a bit. Even Yoro with his thin and skinny body. He is really aggresive and has good tackles.

Just do a Dortmund Bellingham persuade factor.
United: Varane has just left. You will get regular playing with us.

Yoro/Maguire - Martinez/new one?

So he will get regular = really often playing time

With Real Madrid? Rudiger is occupying one of the spot. I am not sure who is the other one.

Yoro - Rudiger? They have Nacho, Alaba...not sure of the others names

But with United. Clearly. He will play really often.

Go to United. Then you might can go to Real Madrid later.

Yoro will be the ball playing CB Ten Hag is looking after. And did he has top speed to play with a high line defend? Yes he has. His acceleration and top speed over a long distance are above average of top CBs.

Ball playing CB + Really good speed out of possesion = 2 really good factors to sign him

Will there not be an embargo placed upon buying players from clubs owned by the same owner? Can’t see Todibo arriving at all. Think Villa/Brighton had the same embargo placed upon them from buying players while remaining in the same European competition.

He would be my first choice to buy. Looks very good, balanced, modern CB. Would be good to go as soon as he gets here.

Unsure about that.

We had a net spend of £50m and the we won FA cup which brings it higher.

Casemiro, Greenwood, sancho will likely be sold. The former two are linked for £34m and 30m eur respectively. We should be able to bring in a LB and a CM.

If we can get a fee for sancho and offload one of Lindelof or Maguire, we can get a striker too.

Status
Not open for further replies.