Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoro is supposedly a wonderkid phenom CB. David is 24 with good but not great numbers. I envisage the former ends up at a Manchester United, Real Madrid level club* and the latter ends up a tier below those in the market.

* in terms of prestige and pull. We are obviously not close to Madrid on pitch level stuff these days!

Yeah I don't think David is good enough for a top club, and probably never will be at this point.

Hopefully we can sign Yoro as he looks like a fantastic prospect, although if Madrid are in for him then we've got our work cut out for us.

As far as David is concerned, he's put up decent numbers in France but whenever I've watched him for Lille and Canada - which admittedly is not very often - he hasn't looked impressive at all. I''m not sure if that's because I've only ever caught him on his off days, or it's because his overall game isn't that impressive when he's not scoring.
David is nice but nothing special. Could be an interesting backup option but I imagine he will get offers from Serie A, Bundesliga and mid table PL clubs to be their starting striker. He is a very good finisher, good with both feet and has good holdup play. He lacks the physical ability to ever be truly elite in my opinion.

Hopefully we can sign Yoro as he looks like a fantastic prospect, although if Madrid are in for him then we've got our work cut out for us.

As far as David is concerned, he's put up decent numbers in France but whenever I've watched him for Lille and Canada - which admittedly is not very often - he hasn't looked impressive at all. I''m not sure if that's because I've only ever caught him on his off days, or it's because his overall game isn't that impressive when he's not scoring.

If Madrid actually want him, they'll get him.

As for David, it might not be the end of the world if he never looks convincing when you see him, Cavani was the same for me, he never once had a good game when I watched him but obviously he was class.

It’s not over till it’s over. Can Madrid afford to deal this summer after giving all their money to Mbappe?

Do Madrid have any 30 + year old they'll be content with moving on for big fees?
There's usually one gullible team I know of who loves those deals.

Not without selling i think.

Did they not give Mbappe 150 million euros on sign on fee?
150M fee but stretched across 4-5 years - so 30-37,5M expediture for Mbappe in this year. They will still have money to buy.

Hopefully presenting him starting minutes for an esteemed club like United in a back line next to both Martinez and Dalot where he would be part of a future core with teenagers like Mainoo and Garnacho is appealing enough to sell him.

Hopefully presenting him starting minutes for an esteemed club like United in a back line next to both Martinez and Dalot where he would be part of a future core with teenagers like Mainoo and Garnacho is appealing enough to sell him.
Surely better than Liverpool with their current CB options.

Tasty. Feel like we’d be third choice for him though. Unless he’s worried Liverpool under Slot is a risk now.

The "market opportunity" here seems to be RM want to wait for him on a free next year while Lille are motivated to sell this year to get some money for him. Probably have to throw a boatload of money his way to make it happen if we really believe in him.

Why he would legitimately start for us. He ain’t getting ahead of Konate and Virgil.

I guess depends on what he values. Just starting isn’t good enough if he doesn’t think we can reach the heights he wants.

I guess depends on what he values. Just starting isn’t good enough if he doesn’t think we can reach the heights he wants.

He'll probably want a release clause to feck off to RM eventually. I wonder if we'll accept that.

Sweet! Yoro and Branthwaite is the dream summer for CB really

Muppets assemble!

3-5-2 (3-box-3) incoming. League ain't ready for us.

----------------- Mainoo ------ Neves -------------------
-------- Branthwaite --- Martinez --- Yoro --------

Why he would legitimately start for us. He ain’t getting ahead of Konate and Virgil.
There's no reason why a young player who fancies themselves wouldn't believe they can start ahead of Konate. Konate's injury issues will provide an opening if nothing else. The opportunity to play alongside Virgil van Dijk is probably pretty appealing for a young defender as well.

I still think Madrid remain favourites, but most Champions League clubs would be a more appealing destination than us right now. We're very much in transition.

3-5-2 (3-box-3) incoming. League ain't ready for us.

----------------- Mainoo ------ Neves -------------------
-------- Branthwaite --- Martinez --- Yoro --------

I really really really hope we don’t go 3 at the back. What we will probably do is start with Martinez and rotate the other two at RCB and Branthwaite with Martinez at LCB. Loads of minutes. There will surely be injuries so Willy K should get a fair shake too. We should build the spine and these two and two solid central midfielders should address that. Go back to keeping it tight and knicking games until we find the next player to unlock the attack or one of our existing players goes into beast mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.