Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely but this shiny new project… who knows. I’d be completely pessimistic about this without INEOS. Monitoring FC

Yeah getting a player over scousers/PSG but particularly Real would be a statement signing

I really really really hope we don’t go 3 at the back. What we will probably do is start with Martinez and rotate the other two at RCB and Branthwaite with Martinez at LCB. Loads of minutes. There will surely be injuries so Willy K should get a fair shake too. We should build the spine and these two and two solid central midfielders should address that. Go back to keeping it tight and knicking games until we find the next player to unlock the attack or one of our existing players goes into beast mode.

Regardless of what formation we start in, it seems like everyone plays a 3-box-3 eventually.

------------ Mainoo -- Case -----------
------ Shaw --- Martinez --- Varane -

----------- Stones -- Rodri ------------
-------- Akanj -- Dias --- Walker ----

------------------ Endo -- Trent ------------
-------- Robertson -- Van Dijk --- Konate ----

etc.

Starting with 3 actual CBs maybe simplifies and clarifies the roles for us a bit.

Regardless of what formation we start in, it seems like everyone plays a 3-box-3 eventually.

------------ Mainoo -- Case -----------
------ Shaw --- Martinez --- Varane -

----------- Stones -- Rodri ------------
-------- Akanj -- Dias --- Walker ----

------------------ Endo -- Trent ------------
-------- Robertson -- Van Dijk --- Konate ----

etc.

Starting with 3 actual CBs maybe simplifies and clarifies the roles for us a bit.

You’re not wrong but I like the idea of having fullbacks who can do both. Just a personal preference :)

You’re not wrong but I like the idea of having fullbacks who can do both. Just a personal preference :)

Yeah I'm with you. Ultimately it results in replacing a fullback with a CB so it's a more defensive change.

Sweet! Yoro and Branthwaite is the dream summer for CB really

Muppets assemble!
If we can get Branthwaite for something under 50m then I'm all for it. If he ends up being expensive than that I hope we go for Diomande. If we manage to ship out one of Maguire/Lindelof then go all Muppet mode and get Todibo as well. :smirk:

For some reason I don't see Madrid signing Yoro. They've spent a lot on Mbappe and don't see them spending another 50-70 m on a defender. This is our chance and we need to get this done.

For some reason I don't see Madrid signing Yoro. They've spent a lot on Mbappe and don't see them spending another 50-70 m on a defender. This is our chance and we need to get this done.

Yeah remember when we got Jones over Varane in 2011 when he was a similar sort of age

likely Madrid are waiting for Nacho to confirm his departure, definitely think Yoro was at the CL Final for a reason

We obviously aren't getting Yoro and Branthwaite. It's an either/or situation.
Love how confident people throw around the word “obviously” - It’s not like the fact that apparently we’ve been actively searching for 2 CB’s / so not entirely out of the question

I hope I'm wrong, but if Real Madrid are interested in signing Leny Yoro, they will do so; we stand no chance.

Madrid’s tactic is for the player to do the groundwork and prove fealty to them, in this instance, sitting until free next summer. They don’t have to do any hard yards, and if the player wants to go elsewhere, on their head be it. So it’s really up to Yoro and whether he’s prepared to jump through the hoops they’ll expect him to.

Yoro + Todibo would be lovely business. Beating Liverpool to Yoro would be so so sweet too.

Real Madrid will go surely for another center-back but i doubt it will be someone like Yoro....Rüdiger, Militao and Alaba are actually all first choices......Nacho was perfect as "fourth choice".

Unless Van Dijk or Konate are leaving then i'm surprised that Liverpool would want Yoro.....they already have a great talent with Quansah.

Feels strange seeing a report of a player with a list of suitors that doesn’t include Chelsea. Not sure what’s gotten into Boelhy.

Real Madrid will go surely for another center-back but i doubt it will be someone like Yoro....Rüdiger, Militao and Alaba are actually all first choices......Nacho was perfect as "fourth choice".

Unless Van Dijk or Konate are leaving then i'm surprised that Liverpool would want Yoro.....they already have a great talent with Quansah.

I think Madrid are hoping to get him next summer. I could potentially see them buying and loaning Yoro back whilst trying to convince Nacho to stick around one more year.

By then Alaba and Rudiger will both be 32 and probably sold off to Saudi or elsewhere. Giving Yoro a clearer pathway to the 1st team.

If we could do this deal for 50m euros that would be reasonable.

I wonder if we are signing two centre backs (either Branthwaite or Tobido), because that would might finally mean lindelof or maguire would be sold.

If they want to make a real statement then Yoro along with Branthwaite would go a long way towards creating that strong dynamic that is missing alongside Martinez. I've said for a while that we need to raise our ability to win ground duels and also raise our technical quality in possession from the first line. And with Martinez, Branthwaite and Yoro, we have a good blend of pace, power and technical ability which is absolutely required in the EPL today.

It remains to be seen if Yoro will join with other interested suitors, but apart from Madrid, PSG will also look to push for the player and they may have the edge over us for his signature.

Yoro will wait for Madrid. If you're a young, rising star and they tell you to wait, you wait.

If they want to make a real statement then Yoro along with Branthwaite would go a long way towards creating that strong dynamic that is missing alongside Martinez. I've said for a while that we need to raise our ability to win ground duels and also raise our technical quality in possession from the first line. And with Martinez, Branthwaite and Yoro, we have a good blend of pace, power and technical ability which is absolutely required in the EPL today.

It remains to be seen if Yoro will join with other interested suitors, but apart from Madrid, PSG will also look to push for the player and they may have the edge over us for his signature.
While I’d love to see it, it would be too much too soon to spend on both.

We buy 2 CBs and we’ll end up sacrificing either a LB, CM/DM or ST.

While I’d love to see it, it would be too much too soon to spend on both.

We buy 2 CBs and we’ll end up sacrificing either a LB, CM/DM or ST.
Could buy both, offload one of Lindelof/Maguire along with Casemiro, Greenwood and Sancho to free up room for other positions. But I agree we'd need to sell very well, plus maybe say a wan bissaka on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.