Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, INEOS just keeps delivering. Hopefully it translates well to the pitch as well, hopefully ETH can coach them well and manage their playtime.

How would this have gone under the previous regime?

United monitoring Yoro situation

United preparing a bid for Yoro

Lille and United still far apart in the valuation

Yoro signs for Real Madrid

We wouldn't have ever been in for him. Previous regime would have gotten worked by Bayern, bid against themselves and paid through the nose for De Ligt or we would have dragged on for the whole summer before paying Everton 75m for Branthwaite

The most exciting signing we've made since RVP. This kid is nailed on to be the best in the world in his position in a few years and is already pretty damn good now.

Always seemed clear to me that the promise of gametime would be a massive factor in him joining us over Real, which is why I don't get the general sentiment on here that he won't be 1st choice and that we'll still be signing De Ligt. If we get another cb I think it'll be a backup or young defender with potential. De Ligt and Todibo were the alternatives to Yoro imo.

Insulting another member
Madrid don't spend big on CBs and they only wanted Yoro as back up initially per reports and their offers reflected that. I know everyone is upbeat right now and we should be. But I think we've overpaid and i'm not complaining but I don't believe we sign him without overpaying. It works for Man City and hopefully it eventually pays off for us.
Omar Berrarda negotiated the transfers at Man City and he wasted loads of money with Grealish and Kalvin Phillips being bought for ridiculous sums.

You have zero clue what Omar Berrada did or did not. He worked in a team but by al accounts was just a part of a negotiating team. You also have zero clue about the role Real Madrid wanted to use Leny in.
Yoro is a player I first brought up on here and it's unbelievable to me at least how he's going for the reported price. I can't remember anyone quoting my post at the time telling me what a talent he was but I did receive a negative one.

You also thought Mount and Hojlund were brilliant signings when.. everyone and his dog could see Mount and Bruno can't work. As for Hojlund, think you would struggle to find a worse fit if your team has Rashford and Garnacho on the wings. About you bs during Murtough years and that he actually does the all the right things I wouldn't even like to remember. So, you are not also quoted for an absolute shit takes.

Considering your bad reaction and constant need to be recognized as some sort of expert every time you feel down just remember that you have talent spotter as your tag so it is not all in vein. Will be honest, I would rather take Billy Blags judgment on players/talents/playing style then yours. Thanks and have a great day,. Just wanted to tell you there are people who are not buying your pretentious shit.

:lol: In that case Braithwaite should auto correct to ‘Nothing dodgy about this transfer, honest!!’
Also (just cos I’m apparently a pedantic ass today) you spelt Panathinaikos wrong. ;)

Yes I know. White text. Oh…….
Wait, I swear when I linked that Wikipedia article it said Panetolikos! I copied it because I had never heard of them before but the club absolutely exists.

I checked the edits, it definitely said Panetolikos. That's odd.

Uh oh, this must be true. From Marca no less. An outlet that definitely haven't made stuff up in the past before, or done something so pathetic as Photoshop an image of a stadium crowd during a United friendly match to make it look like there were more Real Madrid fans there.

Prematurely locked thread? There's pills for that.
I didnt understand why they locked it. My understanding was that when the club announce it they lock this thread and make a new one :confused:

I didnt understand why they locked it. My understanding was that when the club announce it they lock this thread and make a new one :confused:
It was probably @Cheimoon because he's new. Probably just tinkering to see what power he now has as a Mod. Luckily he hasn't found the big "Delete Internet" button yet.

Love how this played out. INEOS mean business.

That said, needs to bulk up.

Saga over, Romano doesn't remember all our previous summers post SAF.

Still waiting on Bale and a host of others.

Holy shit.

Actually cant believe we have pulled this off and like most others I expected him to end up at Madrid.

This is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.