Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense though. I think it is reasonable to give the choice of signing an extension with improved terms or make a move for a decent fee. You can even include a buyout clause.

It is ok to ask a young player to commit either to moving or signing an extension.

I don’t believe Yoro was forced to leave. It is a good move for his career; Madrid would have been to soon. At MU, he gets playtime and will be developed like our academy prospects.
I don't really agree, my instinct is to side with the players not the clubs. I get that this gets complicated by the fact I'm then in effect siding with the big clubs over the smaller ones but ultimately if you don't want to risk losing your players for free you need to be willing to offer them attractive enough terms for them to commit to long term deals. Clubs don't want to do that, cause young players don't always come good and you don't want to be paying a dud a sizeable chunk of your wage budget for 5 years or so. That's their decision not to take such risks, it shouldn't then be up to the player to offer a loyalty that goes beyond the terms the club is willing to compensate them for.

The moving of the goalposts on Twitter is predictably shite as usual.

"Utd aren't getting him. He's going Madrid, what a player"

Utd sign him

":lol: you paid X amount for an 18 year old"
United used to be a joke during transfer window. They must be boiling with jealousy

There was zero and I mean zero doubt we can take this one from Madrid with people who are now running things. You take advantage of their bullying tactic and use it against them.

I doubt it was as sinister as they're making out, but I'm sure Lille did imply they would look to develop someone else if he's going to turn down United to leave on a free next year. I'm sure Yoro probably understood that too.

The Marca article mostly blames the player. It specifically says that these type of threats are very common and are only as effective as the player's willpower.

Absolute bullshit. United called his agent, had a meeting, explained that we will pay over the odds to get him because we want him that much (more than Madrid for sure).

It was a no brainer decision from Leny. As for your tweet, the gossip column should be somewhere else. "Threatened" :lol:

They can’t stand he decided to join us.
Let’s look at the facts. He rejected PSG out of hand two months ago saying he only wanted to join Real Madrid. That’s at a time when the only two teams interested were PSG, Real, with possibly Liverpool gauging interest.

When players are set on a team what do they do? They wait! Sometimes all summer and force the move. Look at Bale when he wanted to go to RM. Dragged on 3 months, went on strike, despite interest from United who apparently offered more.

Now let’s look at Yoro. Says he only wants Real. But then United make a bid and 2 weeks later he joins United. Has it occurred to people that for many people the dream teams are United and Real. So when both come they have a decision. Often based around country, city, league, which team is currently successful, the project being sold and of course money.

What’s annoying is 1) the lack of belief from some United fans and inferiority to Real Madrid. 2) British media not celebrating the fact that a premier league club has beaten Real Madrid to one of the most highly rated young CB in world football.

The Marca article mostly blames the player. It specifically says that these type of threats are very common and are only as effective as the player's willpower.
You'd expect that if these types of threats are this common that they would also be called sometimes.

Btw. wish I was threatened to have millions and play for one of the biggest club in the world. The man is dancing like Frank Sinatra around his house with martini on the rocks in this very moment.

[Fabrice Hawkins] Leny Yoro is a Manchester United player ✅ The second part of his medical examination validated this morning Transfer of 62M € + 8 bonus ➡️ At 18, he becomes the most expensive defender in the history of Ligue 1 5-year contract Number 15

:lol:

The indignance upon witnessing the limitations of this new 'we are now so big we need not pay transfer fees' strategy is very funny.

Pretty embarrassing you’re scared of Barcelona, or the Basque Rashford.
They have a pensioner version of Weghorst up top, you have Mbappe and Vini Jr.
If Real Madrid don’t dominate Spanish football for the remainder of the decade with Mbappe, Bellingham, Valverde, Rodrygo, Vini Jr, Guler and Camavinga, may as well shut shop down.

Sad.
Can't quite figure out what terrible poster regen you are.

Can’t wait to see him play next season. Still can’t believe we managed to pull it off. INEOS know how to buy and sell players it turns out.

So Madrid can tap up all the young talent and under bid, but when someone actually pays the value then the player was forced not to join Madrid. Makes sense.

Can’t wait to see him play next season. Still can’t believe we managed to pull it off. INEOS know how to buy and sell players it turns out.
More so the proper people INEOS have hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.