Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saga over, Romano doesn't remember all our previous summers post SAF.

Still waiting on Bale and a host of others.
In a nutshell what happened there?

I remember a lot of noise at the end of the window. But at that point I was in a “urgh we’ve just hired Moyes and Fergie’s gone” low

I know Moyes spoke about trying to sign him at the time, but he never came in for a medical or anything did he?

Hopefully he will continue his professional development and become the ‘generational talent’ you all believe and not another player hyped up by the press, only to fail to deliver on the pitch.

He appears to be using Utd as a stepping stone to Real Madrid and is getting paid way above market value to do so - he can’t lose and if he plays to good potential, neither can Utd.

Hopefully he will continue his professional development and become the ‘generational talent’ you all believe and not another player hyped up by the press, only to fail to deliver on the pitch.

He appears to be using Utd as a stepping stone to Real Madrid and is getting paid way above market value to do so - he can’t lose and if he plays to good potential, neither can Utd.
Ta mate hope things are good down in Plymouth.

In a nutshell what happened there?

I remember a lot of noise at the end of the window. But at that point I was in a “urgh we’ve just hired Moyes and Fergie’s gone” low

I know Moyes spoke about trying to sign him at the time, but he never came in for a medical or anything did he?

No, he made it clear fairly early that it was Madrid and nothing else.

An odd tone to the post there. Couldn’t you make your mind up whether you wanted to troll fully or not?

I’d argue he’s hardly been hyped by the press. The scouts of Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool and of course Man Utd have scouted him and deemed him a potential generational talent. Nothing to do with the press.

Regarding Bale, I remember Moyes being alittle cryptic regarding our interest in the Welshman after one of his early game managing United.
Not sure it was a PL game or a friendly.

It was probably @Cheimoon because he's new. Probably just tinkering to see what power he now has as a Mod. Luckily he hasn't found the big "Delete Internet" button yet.
Everyone has access to that button. You just have to Google Google.

You have zero clue what Omar Berrada did or did not. He worked in a team but by al accounts was just a part of a negotiating team. You also have zero clue about the role Real Madrid wanted to use Leny in.

You also thought Mount and Hojlund were brilliant signings when.. everyone and his dog could see Mount and Bruno can't work. As for Hojlund, think you would struggle to find a worse fit if your team has Rashford and Garnacho on the wings. About you bs during Murtough years and that he actually does the all the right things I wouldn't even like to remember. So, you are not also quoted for an absolute shit takes.

Considering your bad reaction and constant need to be recognized as some sort of expert every time you feel down just remember that you have talent spotter as your tag so it is not all in vein. Will be honest, I would rather take Billy Blags judgment on players/talents/playing style then yours. Thanks and have a great day,. Just wanted to tell you there are people who are not buying your pretentious shit.

This is a terrible terrible terrible take.

shit i saw the thread was locked and trying to figure out where the announcement was....thought something got hijacked for a moment

noun
noun: cope; plural noun: copes
a long, loose cloak worn by a priest or bishop on ceremonial occasions.
TECHNICAL•LITERARY
a thing resembling or likened to a cloak.
"the outer shell of clay is called the cope"

Can we stop this Twitter / Reddit shit or whatever it is?
Haven't come across the term myself but surely you're overreacting here?
New slangs emerge all the time, and it's anyone's prerogative to use as they see fit as long as they're not being offensive
And it's anyone's prerogative to tell them they sound like a youtuber when they say it.
And it's anyone's prerogative to tell them it's the poster's prerogative.

And then it's your prerogative to tell me it was your prerogative anyway! :lol:

Sorry, I'll stop now!

Athletic saying contract signed today but still “steps to complete” before it’s final.

Any idea what that means?

An odd tone to the post there. Couldn’t you make your mind up whether you wanted to troll fully or not?

I’d argue he’s hardly been hyped by the press. The scouts of Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool and of course Man Utd have scouted him and deemed him a potential generational talent. Nothing to do with the press.
I have no intention of trolling, I want the very best players in the EPL so that when we get there (eventually), I can watch the worlds best players every week.

Hopefully Yorro falls into that bracket. We see too many young professional athletes bigged up by the Press and Fans and then are the first to throw stones when they fail to deliver.

Cheer up mate. You sound very disappointed.

Work permit still ongoing.
Official announcement might get pushed to Friday.

I have no doubt he will leave for Madrid on a free transfer in 6 years if Madrid win a couple more CL’s in that time and United still haven’t got their act together in the league and Europe, but then again, he’ll have to be brilliant to earn a move to Madrid after failing to win anything meaningful at United.

Either way, we’re used to it so it’s win, win for everyone.

We need to be in for Neves too

As great as it sounds:
  1. The price, if we were winning titles already and needed a signing or two as a refresh I'm sure we'd be all over it.
  2. We need players who fit the play style and also we have so many youngsters we need some experience too.

How come we've not seen any leak photo of him at all

legitimately one of the most promising young CBs in world football, isn't he? Who would be on a similar level? Cubarsi?

Really don't care if we overpaid or not. Love that we're targeting these kinds of talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.