Lamine Yamal | Now 17 Year Old Barca Wonderkid

We have Spurs to thank for giving him the opportunity to destroy them in that preseason match last summer. Who knows if he'd have gotten these chances without that match.

He definitely would. He made his debut against Betis at age 15 and instantly created a huge chance.

He was always gonna play for them. Incredible talent.

What a goal from the kid, fantastic talent

La Maisa have produced so much talent in the 21st century it's almost comical.

Crazy he’s 16, and played 50 games last season - for Barcelona!

He’s very Henryesque imo. His gait is quite gangly despite not being especially tall and yet elegant. Compare that to Williams who’s got lots of little touches on the ball and it all looks quite last second. Also the mirrored way he cuts in and open his body up and passes.

Barcelona need to use responsibly next season to ease physical but also mental tiredness. He needs to be a 16-year-old as much as possible and be nobody's saviour.

He'll be 17 for the final, I'm not saying he's past it, but he's not really 16.

casts a line...

Must be so weird to be playing at that age with teammates twice your age or over. I know he's used to playing alongside older youth players for a while but even still he appears to be handling everything well.

I'm sure everyone tries to be accommodating, but I'm thinking of dressing humour etc. For a start there'll be cultural references that he might not get, and if he tried to crack jokes relevant to his age group there could be a load of blank stares.

Then there's speaking up and offering encouragement or guidance to teammates. Playing with guys your own age anyone on the team can do it. The idea of doing things like that would indimidate the hell out of me and I'd be quiet as a mouse on and off the pitch. Maybe he's quiet too, but I think it would affect my game, feeling out of place and uncomfortable. Hats off to him that it's not like that for him.

Must be so weird to be playing at that age with teammates twice your age or over. I know he's used to playing alongside older youth players for a while but even still he appears to be handling everything well.

I'm sure everyone tries to be accommodating, but I'm thinking of dressing humour etc. For a start there'll be cultural references that he might not get, and if he tried to crack jokes relevant to his age group there could be a load of blank stares.

Then there's speaking up and offering encouragement or guidance to teammates. Playing with guys your own age anyone on the team can do it. The idea of doing things like that would indimidate the hell out of me and I'd be quiet as a mouse on and off the pitch. Maybe he's quiet too, but I think it would affect my game, feeling out of place and uncomfortable. Hats off to him that it's not like that for him.
Looks like the quiet type.

Yamal’s teammate, Jesus Navas, whom he shared the pitch with tonight, has a son who is only 4 or 5 years younger than Yamal.

Looks like the quiet type.

He does, but it's great that it's not affecting his performances. I could see how it easily would, perhaps feeling a bit alienated.

There might be times where he might want to tell another player to look for him in certain moments but feels out of place speaking up, that kind of thing. He can't even join in with something like talking about the fancy new cars he or his teammates have bought as he's not old enough to drive!

What's this guys potential? Is he a Figo level talent or a tier above?

Potential to be widely regarded as the best player in the world in his peak and collect multiple Ballon d'Or awards. So potential to be one of the best players of all time IMO. I hope Barcelona manages him carefully.

He does, but it's great that it's not affecting his performances. I could see how it easily would, perhaps feeling a bit alienated.

There might be times where he might want to tell another player to look for him in certain moments but feels out of place speaking up, that kind of thing. He can't even join in with something like talking about the fancy new cars he or his teammates have bought as he's not old enough to drive!
True but as you said yourself I'm sure everyone treats him akin to a little brother or so, plus competitive activities like playing games or joking around knows no age.

But yeah he's certainly shown great mentality so far.

Looks better at this age than Messi did, doesn't he? Doesn't mean he'll be anywhere close, of course.

And we had someone saying he is pedro/sanchez talent if he develops well :lol: :lol:

Potential to be widely regarded as the best player in the world in his peak and collect multiple Ballon d'Or awards. So potential to be one of the best players of all time IMO. I hope Barcelona manages him carefully.
He looks fantastic, but those shouldn't be the expectations at all.

Looks better at this age than Messi did, doesn't he? Doesn't mean he'll be anywhere close, of course.
Looks just as good. Even quite similar in playing style and skillset, same ridiculous combo of agility and burst too

Yamal’s teammate, Jesus Navas, whom he shared the pitch with tonight, has a son who is only 4 or 5 years younger than Yamal.
Jesus Navas is also older than Lamine Yamal's dad

Love how well he can wrap his foot around the ball with a varied range of power and precision. I don't think just merely saying caressing the ball does him justice, not that I have. Even his wing play and assists have been more than enough but to score such a magical goal in a semi-final.

Did remind me of Rooney scoring for Everton at a young age. If you're good enough you're old enough and Yamal certainly is.