Lamine Yamal | Now 17 Year Old Barca Wonderkid

@giorno 15 years?! If he's that good he should be in the discussion within 5
In 5 years he'll be 21. But my point was less about how he'll be talked about during his career and more what the consensus will be once he's had a decade of domination over the sport

We're going to find out one day that Barcelona have been pumping these kids full of drugs from the age of 12 to the point they hit the first team and can start being tested for it.

What use is there to Abu Dhabi FC and Qatar FC when they can't even take this kid from that clown show? Why do I have to deal with 20 years of this after Messi?!?!?!

And how many CL are we going to win as compensation?

Looks just as good. Even quite similar in playing style and skillset, same ridiculous combo of agility and burst too
Agreed. What a player (unfortunately). His balance is incredible and he uses the ball so well, particularly for someone his age. Enormous talent.

We're going to find out one day that Barcelona have been pumping these kids full of drugs from the age of 12 to the point they hit the first team and can start being tested for it.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest:

Fuentes admitted he was doping up Barcelona but then the Spanish courts ordered the evidence (bloodbags) to be destroyed.

What use is there to Abu Dhabi FC and Qatar FC when they can't even take this kid from that clown show? Why do I have to deal with 20 years of this after Messi?!?!?!

And how many CL are we going to win as compensation?
You done well enough with Messi there mate ! Especially in European competition, I wouldn't worry if I were you. As long as you have Perez you're gold.

Unless La Masia produce miracle after miracle, and the first team doesn't feck the talents over from a young age, Barca won't be close to what they were a decade ago.

Their financial situation is just too fecked and they sold their long term revenues.

Unless La Masia produce miracle after miracle, and the first team doesn't feck the talents over from a young age, Barca won't be close to what they were a decade ago.

Their financial situation is just too fecked and they sold their long term revenues.
And yet just as everyone thought they're fecked here comes Yamal, a payer they could sell for Neymar money and potentially could end up one of the best players of all time. They must have a deal with the devil, it's crazy.

:lol: that's incredible. And also makes me feel extremely old.
In more important news, his mom is a stunner and he's lucky Pique retired a year before he broke into the team

And yet just as everyone thought they're fecked here comes Yamal, a payer they could sell for Neymar money and potentially could end up one of the best players of all time. They must have a deal with the devil, it's crazy.

Their current downfall started with the “Neymar money” being badly spent.

Incredible talent. He also seems to be a real team player, not out only for his own glory but always with an eye for his team mates. I hope it stays that way.
This is what I love about him the most. Much like Messi through his career, he also always looks for the smarter pass/available team mate and won't just blindly dribble down blind alleys and take countless shots when better options are available. His play is very mature and, so far, he's not let the attention get to his head.

If it wasn't for their academy being ridiculous at developing these talents they would've been bankrupt

Barca had lots of "wonderkids" and none of them grew to stardom. Bojan Krkic, Ansu Fati, Pedri etc. The club has no money at all, these young players are being utilized way too much which results early injuries, and i wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to Yamal.

Have to disagree. Barca have an incredible bunch of youngsters coming through. They’ll be just fine because some of them will pan out.

Cubarsi, Balde, Gavi, Yamal are already there.

The you got a proper 9 like Gistau, DMs like Prim and Bernal and the biggest jewel in La Masia, Guille Fernandez (who debuted for Barca Athletic at a younger age than even Yamal and is rated by some as even more talented than Yamal). I’m 99,9 % certain he will break though and dominate the midfield ala how Yamal does in attack.

Despite the jokes about them pulling levers, Barca have gradually lowered their wage bill in recent seasons, and it will be even lower when Lenglet, De Jong and Lewy etc. Then you look at the completion of the Espai Barca, which projects putting Barca back as having top 3 revenue. They will be able to buy stars to complement their own youth products.
Maybe not this transfer window, but in 2-3 summer windows they’ll be back in force in terms of transfers.
Hell, Barca might even get Nico Williams this summer.

Looks just as good. Even quite similar in playing style and skillset, same ridiculous combo of agility and burst too

Immense talent but the chance of hin becoming as good as Messi is very very slim.

Barca had lots of "wonderkids" and none of them grew to stardom. Bojan Krkic, Ansu Fati, Pedri etc. The club has no money at all, these young players are being utilized way too much which results early injuries, and i wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to Yamal.

The difference being none of them have done it on the biggest stage like the Euros or World Cup. I don't doubt Yamal will get more injuries debuting so young, but he will always be remembered for breaking out at Euro 2024 same as James at the 2014 World Cup.

Barcelona & Spain need to protect the kid from burnout, he's a generational talent with the technical skills, playmaking, and end product to be a potential multiple BDO winner. Real Madrid have Mbappe, Vini, Jude, and Güler who is 2 years older, I hope Güler finds his footing as a playmaker as well because football needs another Messi v Ronaldo type of rivalry.

Reactions: Cheimoon
What a goal that was. Here's hoping Barca look after this one and he has a long career at the top ahead of him.

Looks better at this age than Messi did, doesn't he? Doesn't mean he'll be anywhere close, of course.
I don't think he does actually, not quite. But Messi did not actually make his full debut even for Barca until he was 17.

Certainly possible but who knows? I wouldn't like to cast aspersions. Can't say my mind went there and I'm just enjoying watching this kid.

There's been a spate of extremely fast u18 runners athletics in the past few years, perhaps suspiciously so where they don't get tested much at all, would assume there;s not much testing with footballers in academies either.

Add in that there are certain PEDs that are only really detectable in blood samples, notably including HGH, and that it's rare for blood samples to be taken anywhere in football, especially in Spain. If a team wanted to do that with their youth players they might well have a good chance of getting away with it.

Freaks me out watching him because it's as though I'm looking at a mirror.

What drug gives you talent?

Completely different stratosphere to that Endrick kid who was supposed to be the best.

the real deal, only now the longevity matters because we see a lot of young world class talents peak to early because of injuries. Barcelona need to manage him well

His style of play is the most impressive thing. Normally teenagers that breakthrough have ridiculous pace or physical qualities that makes them ready for the big leagues. Players like Owen, Mbappe, Giggs, Rooney were explosive as teenagers. Yamal plays like a 28yo creative playmaker which is not normal for his age.

He's like a more measured version of a young Di Maria and he was a ridiculous young talent himself at Benfica but Yamal seems to be even more impressive.