Lamine Yamal | Now 17 Year Old Barca Wonderkid

Wasn't replying to you mate, was the other poster who seems to have a raging hate boner towards Barca in every topic they come up in. I get that the club is in a bad spot especially PR wise and lying toads like Laporta and his levers etc etc but the stuff levelled at the club about ruining talents is a bit much and just seems like the latest stick to bash the club with, it's all good though this is a United forum and no I'm not a 'Barca bot' here to defend the club at all costs.

Pedri was the player mismanaged and a big part of that was down to him playing both Olympics AND Euros after a marathon season, at some point the agents/families of these players have to take some accountability there.

Ansu situation got ugly when he went against the clubs medical team and refused the operation.

Yamal situation is a tough one as at times he was legit our best attacker last season, it's not some Barca saviour hype job. Whilst he isn't close to Messi (nobody ever will be imo) he's certainly our biggest talent in a long time.
I clearly remember Messi coming through as a teen and my memory of that has stopped me getting carried away with any of the youngsters that have followed him. I was never huge on Fati, for example, though he was obviously gifted.

Yamal is also not Messi, but he is remarkable, and sadly already playing far too much football. Not sure why someone in this thread doesn't seem to understand the vast difference between a 16 year old playing at senior level in elite football and an 18 or 19 year old playing at senior level in elite football.

Is he already the best winger in the world? I'm very impressed with his game.

Annoying :) I would love him if he played for us, but given how he plays for Barca, I hate how good he is. Hopefully we will be good enough to play for Champions League titles in the next 4-5 years, and the little fecker will give us headache

That inverted cross he does from the RW is pretty insane actually. Creates so many dangerous situations that way.

Never seen anything like it. Playing at international level at 16 and looking so electric. At times it was like turning on a tap and producing water. So smooth. Effortless. Just pure natural ability overcoming every possible obstacle.

No. Vini Jr is better. Do you consider Mbappe a winger?

No.

Vini is great but watching Yamal he feels like a placeholder till the latter has a bigger body of work and proves it in the biggest games.

Nah, Vini Jr. is better. He is the complete winger and more consistent than Lamine.
But Lamine is only 16. His dribbling and passing is insane for his age. Created the 3rd most chances at the Euros (tied with de Bruyne).

And if you watched him for Barca in the youth setup his finishing is actually good, but he just needs that little bit of composure at the senior level. It’ll come.

But one match that stands out for me is still vs Brazil where Lamine showed his potential. He was clearly the best player on the night (including Vini Jr.) and has the potential to be just world class.

Barca will need to manage him well. He doesn’t need to start every match for them.

Reactions: Carolina Red
From Squawka on X:

“Yamal is the only player to create 10+ chances and complete 10+ take-ons at Euro 2024.

◉ 11 chances created
◉ 11 take-ons completed

While no player has created more big chances (4) or provided more assists (2).”

No.

Vini is great but watching Yamal he feels like a placeholder till the latter has a bigger body of work and proves it in the biggest games.
He's definitely better than 16 year old Vini Jr, that's for sure.....

Looks very impressive. I imagine Ansu Fati provides a cautionary tale though for Barcelona regarding how to manage him.

No. Vini is better, Rodrygo is better, Palmer is better, Saka is better, our own Garnacho is better. But the kid is good, if they use him right and don’t over exert him he can become like a new Pedro/Sanchez to compare him to Barcelona legends (those comparing him to Messi are overhyping him).

Today he was pretty good, the best I have seen of him

He's not messi level potential obviously but definitely generational.

No. Vini is better, Rodrygo is better, Palmer is better, Saka is better, our own Garnacho is better. But the kid is good, if they use him right and don’t over exert him he can become like a new Pedro/Sanchez to compare him to Barcelona legends (those comparing him to Messi are overhyping him).

A lot of these are debatable. But one thing I'm clear on is that Lamine Yamal is definitely better than Garnacho

The only right winger that's better than him is Salah. Listing Rodrygo and Garnacho is farcical.

A lot of these are debatable. But one thing I'm clear on is that Lamine Yamal is definitely better than Garnacho
You are a Barcelona fan, so is normal you think so. You are biased for Yamal, as I’m biased for Garnacho.

In Garnacho’s favor he had more goals this season, and was key in the trophy his team won, while Yamal didn’t win anything with his side… but eventually he will, even in this hard times, Barcelona is a a considerable force in Spain.

People knows you dislike or even hate Barca, but comeon, a new Pedro/Sanchez is over-reaching

Am I missing something from those 2 videos? It’s 2 “in-swingers”

Yeah that's what I meant in my original post. That Mahrez comparison on the in-swinger is a good shout actually. Was trying to think of a player who can put in that ball consistently.

He's only 16 and playing at this level. To say he'll be Pedro/Sanchez level is massively underrating him. Of course he could stall in development or get injured but on this trajectory he'll be way better than those two.

That inverted cross he does from the RW is pretty insane actually. Creates so many dangerous situations that way.
Best in the world at it.

It's usually hugely ineffective when other players do it and loft in meek, easily defendable crosses to nobody in particular.

With him, they are deft passes either direct to the player intended, or specifically into corridors of uncertainty that leave keepers and defenders flailing and attackers on his own team with ample time to convert.

Allied to his passing square to feet, or his ability to switch straight into a dribble, he's incredibly hard to mark because he picks from the three options in stride with no hesitation whatsoever. If you guess wrong as a defender and have a moment's hesitation, he's already performed his action and bypassed you.

He's lethal.

Really impressive performance last night. Very good dribbler, good passer, intelligent movement, deadly in swinging crosses. The only thing he lacked last night was a quality finish in front of goal. For a 16 year old though, it's quite amazing.

An amazing baller but Spain need to rest him more not let him play the full 90 when the game is already won. Spain & Barcelona produce a lot of talent so neither seem too concerned that he may get big injuries as a teen due to the amount of minutes played before his body is fully developed, I hope it doesn't end up badly for Yamal because he is already a standout talent and contender for best young player along with Nico Williams and Musiala.

His father today shared a couple of pictures from some charity event at Camp Nou in 2007, with 6 month old Lamine being bathed and held by Messi. So cute. Touched by god indeed :cool:

His father today shared a couple of pictures from some charity event at Camp Nou in 2007, with 6 month old Lamine being bathed and held by Messi. So cute. Touched by god indeed :cool:

Incredible!

That is so random. Yamal was once bathed by Messi :lol:

Weird. Was Messi named the kid's godfather or something?

Looking forward to seeing Yamal's maturation at club and national level. Is there any worry of another Bojan Krkic ascendancy to meh?