Lamine Yamal | Now 17 Year Old Barca Wonderkid

He’s going to be completely fecked by injuries within 3 years.
Yep will be another ansu fati. Career wrecked by too much football too soon. Knee gets injured. Barcelona rush him back and he injured same knee again and all down hill from there.

This kid is genuinely insane. Even if he breaks down early and peaks at 20 he will be such a r problem

We have Spurs to thank for giving him the opportunity to destroy them in that preseason match last summer. Who knows if he'd have gotten these chances without that match.

Looks great but Barcelona have a habit of running these kids into the ground by the time they’re 23. Let’s see how he develops
He’s on another level to the Fati’s and Gavi’s, though. This guy is club and country best attacker at 16!

He might have salvaged this tournament.

He’s on another level to the Fati’s and Gavi’s, though. This guy is club and country best attacker at 16!
I don’t know. Everyone has a great breakout season but we haven’t seen him up against an experienced fullback who will show him outside all game or put a couple of reducers on him. He’s great, he’s only 16 but he’ll have to develop to become world class. I’m looking forward to following him next season, seeing how he does in the big games.

BBC commentary already have him as better than Pele. That’s all I need.

What's this guys potential? Is he a Figo level talent or a tier above?

I don’t know. Everyone has a great breakout season but we haven’t seen him up against an experienced fullback who will show him outside all game or put a couple of reducers on him. He’s great, he’s only 16 but he’ll have to develop to become world class. I’m looking forward to following him next season, seeing how he does in the big games.
Like a semi final against the second most recent World Cup holders?

One thing I like about him so far is how often he has hit really good crosses into the box. Instead of being a cut inside and shoot far post drone winger. He mixes it up. Need more wingers like that for the spectacle.

Best right winger in the world. At 16.

I’d take him over Saka, Rodrygo etc.

One thing I like about him so far is how often he has hit really good crosses into the box. Instead of being a cut inside and shoot far post drone winger. He mixes it up. Need more wingers like that for the spectacle.
Yeah I've noticed his crossing is excellent. Great technique and always into a dangerous area.

I agree with you about showing caution as he is only 16 but I’m not sure I understand the bit about “experienced” fullbacks? He’s played against them plenty. Not just during this tournament but also through all of this and last season with his club as well. It’s exactly that decision making, maturity and high football IQ (combined with his talent) for such a youngster which is probably why people are getting carried away.

Insane how mature and calm he is as a player. That's the decision making of a 30 year old, except he's fecking 16. So unselfish

Jack Wilshire looked immense at 16 and his career dwindled into mediocrity. You'd hope they would manage his game time in a way they didn't Pedri in order to ensure his longevity.

I agree with you about showing caution as he is only 16 but I’m not sure I understand the bit about “experienced” fullbacks? He’s played against them plenty. Not just during this tournament but also through all of this and last season with his club as well. It’s exactly that decision making, maturity and high football IQ (combined with his talent) for such a youngster which is probably why people are getting carried away.
Yeah someone said the other day that he’s Mainoo like in his calmness. I think he’ll go on to be world class if he can stay clear of injuries and Barcelona don’t ruin him by making him play every minute.

Best comparison is probably to Wayne Rooney if he didn't get injured in that Euro 2004 quarter-final.

What's this guys potential? Is he a Figo level talent or a tier above?

Quite hard to tell at this point. Development isn’t linear but by the eye test I’d say somewhere near Rooney, maybe a whisker away. Wazza was a specimen as well though; and a different player stylistically.

Yeah someone said the other day that he’s Mainoo like in his calmness. I think he’ll go on to be world class if he can stay clear of injuries and Barcelona don’t ruin him by making him play every minute.
Yeah his decision making is what stands out. Very mature, like Mainoo essentially. I don’t watch Barca as much anymore but I think they’ve had Raphinha there to at least switch between them and give him a break, but again, not sure re his minutes versus say, Gavi/Pedri etc.

Hoping the likes of him, Musiaila, Mainoo etc all stay injury free so we can appreciate their talents.