Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'll bite, but just because you made me chuckle.
I've supported United for over 50 years, I'm guessing I wore the shirt while you were just an itch in your dad's pants.

I know exactly what they're both like, chill yer boots pup.

Then you don’t really have an excuse for such ignorance. Ouch.

I've supported United for over 50 years, I'm guessing I wore the shirt while you were just an itch in your dad's pants.

I mean maybe don't just judge a player because he has a similar hairstyle to another player already in the team.

It's fine if you don't rate the player, but if you can't give a valid reason then people are going to call you out on it.

I've been told that a big part of the reason footballers bulk up is injury prevention, which kind of makes sense. But it's easy to think of players who seemed to get worse in that regard afterwards.

Mason Mount for one too, if you look at him when he was doing well in his early days at Chelsea against the size/weight of him at United, it's not surprising to see the same player play completely differently after bulking up.

First time watching the guy, seemed like the best version of Martial at n9.....classy on the ball, decent with back to goal, produced a moment of brilliance but can be a bit languid defensive wise though he did run a decent shift. Anyways, think there is a lot to work with here and it seems like a nice fit for Garnacho and Rashford, time will tell but the little i see i like it.

Absolutely love it.

Comes in, watches a YouTube video, and produces a poorly written post like he's some sort of 13 year old expert, stating there's no way this player will not be a huge hit. Despite not even putting up great numbers in inferior leagues so far. Then proceeds to call us all fools, before signing off.

What a guy.

I said quote it, and I hope you do. Not that you'll share it again in a years time.

This must be the silliest post I have ever seen.

A centre back who has been citied by most people to have been on of the biggest reasons that United fell from 3rd to 8th due to his absence.
A centre back that had Pep talking about as one of the very best in the world after a final victory when he shut down Haaland.
A centre back who has been arguably the best defender in the current Copa America.

And yet he is just "good".

You convinced me. He’s the best in the world.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37944678/fc-100-best-men-centre-backs-2022-23

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/best-centre-backs-defenders-in-the-world

https://www.90min.com/posts/6573230-the-25-best-centre-backs-in-world-football-ranked

Juve, Madrid, and Barcelona can't afford him. And why would he go to Bayern or PSG from United? Or Juventus for that matter. You really think Martínez would just leave the biggest club in the Premier League who have sky-high ambitions and are managed by ETH who he has a great relationship with...to the Bundesliga, or Serie A? :lol: I would understand if he wanted to go to one of the Spanish giants, but like I said, neither of them are able to splash 80m or more on a centre-back/left-back at the moment. And to mention PSG as well :lol: . No player with real ambition leaves the Premier League and especially Manchester United for PSG of all teams. And the "lining up to buy him" part...it's not like FIFA or even FM. Random offers don't just come in for players who aren't for sale and the players themselves have no desire to leave either. This same silly argument was brought up against Bruno, that why is no one looking to buy him if he's so good. Why is no one lining up to buy Madrid's, Barcelona's, Bayern's, City's and Arsenal's best players? Awful argument to come up with, sorry.

Also, how often does that happen? A CB playing for a big club in their peak years, leaving to another big club for an astronomical price? Every single big-money CB transfer is a smaller club selling to a big club, except de Ligt from Juventus to Bayern 2 years ago, and Luiz from Chelsea to PSG a decade ago.

Maguire: Leicester to United
Gvardiol: Leipzig to City
de Ligt: Ajax to Juventus
VVD: Southampton to Liverpool
Fofana: Leicester to Chelsea
Dias: Benfica to City
Laporte: Bilbao to City
Martínez: Ajax to United
Stones: Everton to City
Romero: Atalanta to Spurs
KMJ: Napoli to Bayern
Koundé: Sevilla to Barca
Miltao: Porto to Madrid
Kilman: Wolves to WHU

This is the current top 15 if you count Gvardiol as a CB.

I think it's you that's very wrong on this.

Martínez is no slouch defensively, but his true strengths are in possession and the build-up. He's the most press-resistant centre back in world football, and one of the best passers and ball progressors as well in his position. His mental profile and tenacity is also something that every team on the planet would be glad to have. He would start for any team in the world that's looking to play with a possession-based approach, like how City and Arsenal play.

Yeah, you’re right. He’s the best!

https://www.90min.com/posts/6573230-the-25-best-centre-backs-in-world-football-ranked

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/best-centre-backs-defenders-in-the-world

Oh no not espn fourfourtwo and 90min!!

How will we ever be able to fight the superb logic of these landing pages!
I mean… they have more cred than you :lol:

Please, feel free to find even one source that ranks Lisandro in the top 5.

The best thing about signing another promising CF to me is that it will put a lot of pressure on both him and Hojlund to perform. Or so we can hope. Its one thing to compete against a seasoned striker bc then it may almost be too easy for either to take the attitude that of course they re not at that level yet. If one of these two starts performing though it ll surely lead to even more motivation for the other to step up their game.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.
Of course this will only work if they also stay free of injuries.

They actually don't have much credibility. They scrape popular players or work off affiliated sponsorships than actually put out their own well sourced rankings.

Moreover, the poster pointed to managers with insane pedigree rating Licha to a high level, and you decided the apt answer was to post clickbait outlets from glorified gossip pages. It's a bit of a funny move, since they certainly don't have better credibility than what he referred to.

You know exactly what two modern players are like because you're older than simon?

As far as arguments go it certainly is...one of the options available.

The best thing about signing another promising CF to me is that it will put a lot of pressure on both him and Hojlund to perform. Or so we can hope. Its one thing to compete against a seasoned striker bc then it may almost be too easy for either to take the attitude that of course they re not at that level yet. If one of these two starts performing though it ll surely lead to even more motivation for the other to step up their game.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.
Of course this will only work if they also stay free of injuries.
Also bringing Ruud in. Could imagine he will demand a lot from them.

Juve, Madrid, and Barcelona can't afford him. And why would he go to Bayern or PSG from United? Or Juventus for that matter. You really think Martínez would just leave the biggest club in the Premier League who have sky-high ambitions and are managed by ETH who he has a great relationship with...to the Bundesliga, or Serie A? :lol: I would understand if he wanted to go to one of the Spanish giants, but like I said, neither of them are able to splash 80m or more on a centre-back/left-back at the moment. And to mention PSG as well :lol: . No player with real ambition leaves the Premier League and especially Manchester United for PSG of all teams. And the "lining up to buy him" part...it's not like FIFA or even FM. Random offers don't just come in for players who aren't for sale and the players themselves have no desire to leave either. This same silly argument was brought up against Bruno, that why is no one looking to buy him if he's so good. Why is no one lining up to buy Madrid's, Barcelona's, Bayern's, City's and Arsenal's best players? Awful argument to come up with, sorry.

Also, how often does that happen? A CB playing for a big club in their peak years, leaving to another big club for an astronomical price? Every single big-money CB transfer is a smaller club selling to a big club, except de Ligt from Juventus to Bayern 2 years ago, and Luiz from Chelsea to PSG a decade ago.

Maguire: Leicester to United
Gvardiol: Leipzig to City
de Ligt: Ajax to Juventus
VVD: Southampton to Liverpool
Fofana: Leicester to Chelsea
Dias: Benfica to City
Laporte: Bilbao to City
Martínez: Ajax to United
Stones: Everton to City
Romero: Atalanta to Spurs
KMJ: Napoli to Bayern
Koundé: Sevilla to Barca
Miltao: Porto to Madrid
Kilman: Wolves to WHU

This is the current top 15 if you count Gvardiol as a CB.

I think it's you that's very wrong on this.

Martínez is no slouch defensively, but his true strengths are in possession and the build-up. He's the most press-resistant centre back in world football, and one of the best passers and ball progressors as well in his position. His mental profile and tenacity is also something that every team on the planet would be glad to have. He would start for any team in the world that's looking to play with a possession-based approach, like how City and Arsenal play.
Oh no not espn fourfourtwo and 90min!!

How will we ever be able to fight the superb logic of these landing pages!

This isn't even one of the CB transfer threads. Please discuss Martínez in a subject-relevant thread.

Not that you should put a lot of emphasis on this either, but this is at least better than your lists

Call me suspicious, but someone with the username "wildflower2007" who signed up to a United forum in 2024 and uses phrases like "chill yer boots pup" and has reactionary hot takes about signings before they've kicked a ball seems much more likely to be a 16-17 year old than someone in their 50-60's.

Been watching some Youtube videos of him and I must say he looks very good on the ball, his first touch looks phenomenal. I know you only get to see the best moments from a player in highlight videos but we don't have many players in our current squad that are capable of the dribbles and first touches he does.

People have to bear in mind he was at Bologna not Juventus, his numbers may look unremarkable but they're very good for a Bologna player.

He has some similar qualities of Martial, his running style is also a glide when dribbling like Martials I think. It can come across lazy but it isn't :mad:

But does he have the most important skill, the one that can make or break his career?

In other words, can he smile?

People have to bear in mind he was at Bologna not Juventus, his numbers may look unremarkable but they're very good for a Bologna player.
Exactly, he did quite well last season given context.

Also sounds like a grafter on the pitch, you don't lead the league in possession won in the final third in a defensive league if you're lazy.

I'll never scoff at forwards with high workrate off the ball who also happen to be quite technically proficient with the ball at their feet. That's always welcome in the team

I'm in to it.

A forward whose biggest weaknesses are that he can't shoot or put a header away is a bit of an odd one but given finishing is about the only part of Hojlund's game that's thus far been what we're looking for they could compliment each other.

I'm in to it.

A forward whose biggest weaknesses are that he can't shoot or put a header away is a bit of an odd one but given finishing is about the only part of Hojlund's game that's thus far been what we're looking for they could compliment each other.
We have Ruud as a coach now. Extra work on training ground with Hoijlund and Zirkzee should pay dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.