Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you don’t really have an excuse for such ignorance. Ouch.
The whole posting style screams trying much, much too hard. Like a kid trying to act condescending to a room full of adults.

Sorry to be pedantic but if he literally couldn’t wait, he’d offer to join the tour. Which I doubt he will. I’d just say he’s “excited”
Reporter - "How do you feel about joining United?"
Zirkzee - "Yes. I can't wait!"
Reporter - "So we will see you on tour then?"
Zirkzee - "No..."
(awkward silence)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to be pedantic but if he literally couldn’t wait, he’d offer to join the tour. Which I doubt he will. I’d just say he’s “excited”

Reporter - "How do you feel about joining United?"

Zirkzee - "Yes. I can't wait!"

Reporter - "So we will see you on tour then?"

Zirkzee - "No..."

(awkward silence)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pedantic squared, but he can be a Manchester United player and not be on the tour.

Sorry, cannot see this at all. Are we stronger at the back? Better in midfield? Better upfront? Are the players coming in, an improvement to what we have?

What is the transfer strategy, to buy an(other) attacking midfielder, er like Bruno and Mason Mount?

New season starts in four weeks. I'm not quite sure what our plans are. We need a top, top quality centre-half, that I do know. Can we get Braithwaite in... hopefully, but we shouldn't overpay for him.

To be honest, I’m not sure this is worth a response as you appear to be completely in the dark about the deals we are currently advanced in according to all of the reliable sources.

A ton of information in here I hadn't realised about Zirkzee. We'll now actually have someone who can help press from the front and has good hold up and some extra creativity!!
Why are some surprised if a tall man has got good balance or if a big man is quick??
Usain Bolt isn't exactly a midget!

His Euro 24 only finished 2 days ago, he needs to be given time to go on a break with his familly and gets some rest for a couple of weeks before we can even consider bringing him in to the pre-season squad.

As he ever played on the wing?

Not much and would be pointless to discuss as he is signed to be a centre forward.

We already have for the wings, Rashford, Garnacho, Amad, Antony and Sancho (if he stays).

Zirkzee is 6'4, can't be wasting his aerial threat by playing on the wing.

Not much and would be pointless to discuss as he is signed to be a centre forward.

We already have for the wings, Rashford, Garnacho, Amad, Antony and Sancho (if he stays).

Zirkzee is 6'4, can't be wasting his aerial threat by playing on the wing.
Wasn’t saying we should do it. I was just wondering if needed could he cover there. Will he ever be able to play together with Højlund. I don’t want Hojlunds development to stop by not playing regular games. And I get we’ll be rotating and competitions healthy.

What attacking midfielder are you talking about? We are barely 2 weeks into July, have already bought an exciting striker with a very different profil than the one we have. We are appearantly very far with the transfer of the top quality center-half we need and still in negotiations with an other young promising CB. A lot of smoke on the transfer of a very good midfield-destroyer as well.

I think the early signs of the window are quite positive. I like our targets and I am confident that we will be able to get 4 or 5 good players in positions we really need in.

Hold on. I'm questioning what our strategy is OK... Zirkzee seems like a player who plays off a centre-forward,like Bruno and Mount, so there's a reasonable question as to where he will play.

I mentioned the Braithwaite deal, and we will have to see. But we need a centre forward. Have you been watching Rasmus.. he's diligent, great attitude.. but is he now, the first-choice centre forward for Manchester United? If so, that's our 'strategy' ?
We haven't replaced Antony... Casimiro remains... are we relying on Rashford and it seems Sancho once again? How strategic is that?

Not sure how our strategy is to address these outstanding issues. I fully appreciate the close season affected by Copa/Euros.. and I also understand the crazy wages these players are on.. but I'm still not quite clear what the INEOS on-field strategy is.

Hold on. I'm questioning what our strategy is OK... Zirkzee seems like a player who plays off a centre-forward,like Bruno and Mount, so there's a reasonable question as to where he will play.
No, he plays like a deep lying forward willing to drop deep and provide passes for his wide attackers. That's completely different.

His Euro 24 only finished 2 days ago, he needs to be given time to go on a break with his familly and gets some rest for a couple of weeks before we can even consider bringing him in to the pre-season squad.
I don’t deny it. Nor blame the player. Just making a small point about the wording

Why is he not announced? This is bulls**t. Same old dithering incompetence. Let's be honest, it was always going to be a long summer and Glazer 2.0. They not like us, wop wop wop wop wop.

He has to go on tour? (has the tour squad been announced yet) the bloke played less than a minute at the Euros and I know he still had to travel and train with the national squad but come on!

United need to be weary of starting the season slow again.

He has to go on tour? (has the tour squad been announced yet) the bloke played less than a minute at the Euros and I know he still had to travel and train with the national squad but come on!

I somehow doubt that denying people a vacation after a long season is a great recipe for not starting the season slow.

At what time are we guessing this is going to get announce tomorrow? I say 2pm UK time

Monday 1pm

What we very cleverly did was get our two most important players from Ten Hag's first season to bomb so spectacularly that their countries dropped them, freeing up Casemiro and Rashford to be on top form right from the off this time around.

I mentioned the Braithwaite deal, and we will have to see. But we need a centre forward. Have you been watching Rasmus.. he's diligent, great attitude.. but is he now, the first-choice centre forward for Manchester United? If so, that's our 'strategy' ?
We haven't replaced Antony... Casimiro remains... are we relying on Rashford and it seems Sancho once again? How strategic is that?

Not sure how our strategy is to address these outstanding issues. I fully appreciate the close season affected by Copa/Euros.. and I also understand the crazy wages these players are on.. but I'm still not quite clear what the INEOS on-field strategy is.
Zirkzee played as a lone forward last year, which was appearantly the best season of his career. So this is where we should expect him to play. As a kind of false 9, which makes sense for us. EtH likes to have this option, it gives us more tactical flexibility and should suit the likes of Rashford, Garnacho or Mount quite well, who would like to run in behind the space opened by a false nine. He is a developing player for a reasonable price. I like this approach. We have so many holes in our squad, I am alright with having 2 great prospects as center forwards for the coming years, as we are (once again, but hopefully for real this time) obviously in a transition period.

You mentioned Branthwaite but not de Ligt we are even closer to signing. We are heavily linked with Ugarte. So we seem to try to address the most pressing areas of need (CB, ball winning DM, CF) and seem quite close to deals for this positions relatively early in the transfer season.

We haven't addressed Anthony, but we can't change everything in one summer. It might not be seen as a priority and I can understand that. I'd also say at first we have to fix our base that builds the play. We have to get a core that can control games in and out of possession. I think De Ligt and Ugarte would do wonders in that respect. And we still have some wingers at a good age who showed at some point in the past that they are good players. Rashford, Sancho and Anthony to a lesser extent. They all are near their bottom level and can't lose much more worth if we try to get rid in the next windows. But there is still hope to get a tune out of at least one of them to complement Garnacho and hopefully Amad. It's far from ideal, but I can understand looking to adress other areas first. We'd also need a leftback that can stay fit and a cover for Mainoo. But we cannot expect to get all of it in the same window. Regarding some positions it will be dependent on who we can sell this summer (McTominay, Casemiro, Sancho, Rashford for example) If the prices we could get, allow us to buy a better suited replacement we will do it, if not, we won't.

The important thing is, to get the right players in more often than not. Anyway, you can only judge transfers properly in retrospect. But I can see the reasoning behind our approach so far.

He’ll get a couple of weeks of surely.

I somehow doubt that denying people a vacation after a long season is a great recipe for not starting the season slow.

I think that's pushing it, I wouldn't advocate for that...but with United having 3 games in the US on 27th July, 31st July and 3rd August it would be a great opportunity for him to settle in to a new club and team.

But if he wants a break after the Euros then fair enough, not the biggest deal, just not what I would of done if I was in his place.

Sorry to be pedantic but he literally can still feel that way because resting is equally important in preparation for a long season. Yes he didn’t play any games apart from a minute in the end but the very act of training rigorously up until 2 days ago is a load he must manage with rest.

That’s terrible man management. He just played from August to June, which is almost 11 months of football. But yeah let’s throw back in the thick of things with full on training and preseason games.

If you don’t give the body the rest and recovery it needs there are more chances of injuries. I would rather give him an extra 10-14 days of break and have him for the full season rather than bring him back 10 days from now and have him go through preseason with higher chances of injury.

That’s terrible man management. He just played from August to June, which is almost 11 months of football. But yeah throw back in the thick of things with full on training and preseason games.

Hmmm what's "full on training and preseason games" to some could be "light training and getting some minutes with your new team mates in the US tour games" to others.

Depends how you want to dress it up really.

FIFPRO and the PFA would not like that. Think it’s a minimum of three weeks off clubs have agreed with them. He’ll most likely travel to US after the Arsenal game, which would make him available for the Betis and Liverpool games.

Hmmm what's "full on training and preseason games" to some could be "light training and getting some minutes with your new team mates in the US tour games" to others.

Depends how you want to dress it up really.
You do know preseason is rigorous training right? You have one month to get in full shape and get your stamina back. This isnt just a “few minutes of light training”. You can’t play in preseason games without training properly.

That’s why even though Sancho joined training 2-3 days ago he still won’t be available for the 1st game. You are the one who is dressing it up without knowing how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.