Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apologies if posted already but I watched a more lengthy compilation of all his dribbles and I’ll be honest I’m even more concerned. In the shorter highlights, he looked to get past players very easily but this tells a different story. The vibe I get is that he’s just a bigger Sancho, I’m not sure if the PL will suit him.

Of course I could be wildly wrong but looking at his style I’m not sure he’s what we need.

What I love most about this signing of Zhirkzee is that the haters and detractors are all going to have to eat a dizzle over this one very soon.

He's a 6 foot 4, two footed baller of a number 9 with wing mirrors. The only and I mean only worry could be that United let him bulk up too much. If his mobility never becomes a factor in the Premier League, he's going to be a huge hit.

Quote me for later fools.

What I love most about this signing of Zhirkzee is that the haters and detractors are all going to have to eat a dizzle over this one very soon.

He's a 6 foot 4, two footed baller of a number 9 with wing mirrors. The only and I mean only worry could be that United let him bulk up too much. If his mobility never becomes a factor in the Premier League, he's going to be a huge hit.

Eat a dizzle? Are you sexually frustrated?

So will it generally be him and Hojlund playing together or one or the other do people think?

New signings will always excite me and I much prefer this than chucking near world record fees at teams for players.

He looks a quality and interesting player with some positional versatility. I've probably posted already that ideally I think we should be looking for a similar player to Hojlund for cover/competition, rather than an alternative/'can play alongside' signing like Zirkzee. So won't go deeper into that again.

I do think fans shouldn't expect an instant success next season. Same thing I said about Hojlund when we signed him. Watching all these detailed comp videos, there are key elements of his game which are thriving in the absence of the sort of constant intense pressure you get in the PL. Hold-up play, receiving the long/line-splitting pass safely and laying it off, is a huge part of what he brings, and clip after clip show him doing it under fairly minimal pressure from CB/DM. Hojlund also has great hold-up play but you'll find plenty on here claiming the opposite because it has taken him time to adapt to the sheer competitiveness of the PL, where it's very hard to receive the ball as a central attacking player without a defender in physical contact with you, shoving and jockeying and never allowing you to find your balance.

I've no doubt Zirkzee has the quality to adapt but I do expect it to take a season or so.

Apologies if posted already but I watched a more lengthy compilation of all his dribbles and I’ll be honest I’m even more concerned. In the shorter highlights, he looked to get past players very easily but this tells a different story. The vibe I get is that he’s just a bigger Sancho, I’m not sure if the PL will suit him.

Of course I could be wildly wrong but looking at his style I’m not sure he’s what we need.

Am I missing something or there's hardly any dribbles in this compilation?

He looks like a very unpolished version of Ibra. He'll need to adapt to the PL but his profile should suit the league.

So will it generally be him and Hojlund playing together or one or the other do people think?

New signings will always excite me and I much prefer this than chucking near world record fees at teams for players.
He's a different type of striker to Hoijlund. Hojlund works the channels, Zirkzee drops deep and links play.

It's another option for ETH play him with Hoijlund or playing him instead of Hoijlund.

My question is if he plays with Hoijlund as a no10 ala sheringham role, does Bruno move out to the right wing? Or do you play Bruno in a midfield pivot with mainoo / another midfielder? Playing Zirkzee and Hoijlund means sacrificing a midfielder. So will be interesting to see what ETH does.

He's a different type of striker to Hoijlund. Hojlund works the channels, Zirkzee drops deep and links play.

It's another option for ETH play him with Hoijlund or playing him instead of Hoijlund.

My question is if he plays with Hoijlund as a no10 ala sheringham role, does Bruno move out to the right wing? Or do you play Bruno in a midfield pivot with mainoo / another midfielder? Playing Zirkzee and Hoijlund means sacrificing a midfielder. So will be interesting to see what ETH does.

I never ever want to see this again.

Agent fee is €10m instead of the €15€ Kia originally asked from Milan.

I think if/when Zirkzee and Hojlund share the pitch, it will be something like a split striker system.

Bruno - Casemiro - Mainoo
--------------Zirkzee
-------Hojlund - Rashford

Swap Cas for new midfielder if you want, or move Kobbie there and play Mount or something.

Absolutely love it.

Comes in, watches a YouTube video, and produces a poorly written post like he's some sort of 13 year old expert, stating there's no way this player will not be a huge hit. Despite not even putting up great numbers in inferior leagues so far. Then proceeds to call us all fools, before signing off.

What a guy.

If our strikers are Rashford, Rasmus and Zirkzee surely we're moving to some kind of front 2? Which would suit all three imo. And Bruno, if he could work out how to pass to Rasmus.

But if that's the front 3, I really don't get how the midfield would work. Mainoo, a DM and Mount? Those three would need to get through so much work supporting the full backs defensively, and as much as I love Kobbie, not really his strong suit.

Also don't see a way of fitting Garnacho into that.

Would keep us as a transition powerhouse though, all 3 are rapid, good on the break and best with space in front of them. So still no control :(

If our strikers are Rashford, Rasmus and Zirkzee surely we're moving to some kind of front 2? Which would suit all three imo. And Bruno, if he could work out how to pass to Rasmus.

But if that's the front 3, I really don't get how the midfield would work. Mainoo, a DM and Mount? Those three would need to get through so much work supporting the full backs defensively, and as much as I love Kobbie, not really his strong suit.

Also don't see a way of fitting Garnacho into that.

Would keep us as a transition powerhouse though, all 3 are rapid, good on the break and best with space in front of them. So still no control :(
Rashford isn’t a striker and Garnacho will likely he first choice ahead of him as things stand. Anyway we’re building a squad not just an 11

Hopeful with this one. Not convinced he has to be relegated to position of ‘backup’ either, if he is a striker who can’t have a genuine fight with Hojlund I’d be concerned. I think the main difference is their fees, but realistically, Hojlund was overpriced and should have cost a similar amount to Zirkzee, so I’d like to think they will both start level and we will then select the best man.

Somehow he reminds me of Pogba. The way he uses both feet and so relaxed movement
I can't explain why, but he looks so relaxed on the ball because he rolls his socks down. If he had his socks rolled up, he'd not look so relaxed.

Not sure we would be wise to raid players from Serie A seeing the massive decline of Italian football. Coupled with the fact that oafs like Lukaku still being able to thrive there, does not bode well for general football standards of that league.

I don't really rate Series A but Lukaku scored 13 goals in 32 matches there last season and even less the season before.

He did better than 1 in 2 in Europe. I'd wouldn't be shocked if you put Lukaku in a decent Prem team and he scored 13 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.