Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a really smart buy this. Clearly has a skillset we’re severely lacking.

We’re being really really smart this Summer with the positions and skillsets we’re targeting. Very impressed.

Means nothing obviously until it translates onto the pitch but feels so much more thought through than any window for a decade.

Uh Bologna finished 3 points behind Juve last year and scored the exact same number of goals?
That's a credit to Motta's work and his young players who helped them turn things around. They finished 16th in the season prior, now they're in the CL.

No surprise Juve snapped him up immediately.

We have Ruud as a coach now. Extra work on training ground with Hoijlund and Zirkzee should pay dividends.
Hope so. I'm a bit sceptical any one coach can do too much on finishing, it's not like Ole's reign produced a load of poaching experts and the days when the consensus was Benni McCarthy was a miracle worker feel very far away now. I'm sure both players will be really excited to work with Ruud though.

Says more about how shite Juve were in fairness, especially in attack. They managed 3 less goals than United :eek:
That's a credit to Motta's work and his young players who helped them turn things around. They finished 16th in the season prior, now they're in the CL.

No surprise Juve snapped him up immediately.

Fully agreed - not trying to WUM or anything just pointing out that it's not really valid to say that Bologna were an inferior side to Juve last year all things considered.

I assumed the poster meant a regular impressive Juve season, when considering Juve as a top club, rather than last season in particular.

Oh well fair enough - though have Juve's exports typically lit the world on fire elsewhere even when they were at the top of Serie A this past decade?

Appreciate the clarification and apologies if I've misinterpreted somehow.

I like the #11 on Hojlund a lot, probably more than I would like if he wore #9. Several great Scandinavian strikers have worn #11 too if I'm not mistaken? I personally hope he keeps it

Brian Laudrup wore the 11 so its quite iconic for a dane.

Saw this linked on another forum. From a local paper back in February.

zirkzee.jpg

I don't speak much Italian but I think the headline is something like:

Zirkzee in pieces (?).

Technique and speed of Van Basten, tactical awareness (?) of Zlatan, the left foot of Salah. The '9.5' is truly phenomenal.

Then the 'parts' are Gullit's hair, work-rate of Eto'o, assists of Bergkamp, technique of MVB, right of Dinho and left of Salah.

No pressure then. :confused:

BTW a different paper also had a big feature on him calling him the Dutch Baggio. So either Italians love hyping their players or he might actually be pretty good.

Last edited:
The more footage I watch the more I like this for the price. He has a lot of technical ability and size, a very rare profile I would say. You can see why they're not just looking at stats. The stats are okay but nothing eye watering but the eye test itself looks quite compelling with the skills he has. Will be an interesting adaptation because the defenders are way more competitive in the PL.

really imminent...like yeah...innit.
It’s not his fault the club haven’t announced yet. The club needs to do so much commercial stuff before officially announcing him. He had his medical today and he was in Manchester yesterday so Fabrizio was spot on.

Saw this linked on another forum. From a local paper back in February.

zirkzee.jpg

I don't speak much Italian but I think the headline is something like:

No pressure then. :confused:
Wow.. that's some list..
Obviously an exaggerated.. but even close to any in that list would be great.

I like the #11 on Hojlund a lot, probably more than I would like if he wore #9. Several great Scandinavian strikers have worn #11 too if I'm not mistaken? I personally hope he keeps it

Hasn’t it already been confirmed like a month ago that Rasmus is getting the number 9. I‘m sure I’ve read or seen a post by Rasmus that he is the new 9 somewhere.

I know it's early days, plus we have lot of wingers and some shit fullback, but I'd really like a Rangnicksque 4-2-2-2 with Mainoo and Ugarte at the base, Bruno and Mount/Amad/Sancho as AMs and Zirkee+Rasmus as the strikers. Problem is it would mess up Garnacho's role and our fullbacks aren't really good as offensive forces.

Call me suspicious, but someone with the username "wildflower2007" who signed up to a United forum in 2024 and uses phrases like "chill yer boots pup" and has reactionary hot takes about signings before they've kicked a ball seems much more likely to be a 16-17 year old than someone in their 50-60's.

Wildflower is the nickname of my daughter who died of cancer in 2007.

But you, your ego, Keyboard warrior ignorance didn't know that, so let's just put it down to your suspicion and move on.

Then you don’t really have an excuse for such ignorance. Ouch.

"Ouch"

Pup, I was in the military for 15 years, I've been shot at, stabbed, run over by a car, lost a daughter to cancer and survived cancer myself.

If you think your ego telling you to write "ouch" on a United forum to another supporter, made you feel superior in some way, then I'm here to tell you that you'll have to try a hell of a lot harder than that. I know that will hurt your patronising, keyboard warrior pride, but there you go.

Just take it on the chin you scallywag and enjoy the football.

Seems a really smart buy this. Clearly has a skillset we’re severely lacking.

We’re being really really smart this Summer with the positions and skillsets we’re targeting. Very impressed.

Means nothing obviously until it translates onto the pitch but feels so much more thought through than any window for a decade.

Sorry, cannot see this at all. Are we stronger at the back? Better in midfield? Better upfront? Are the players coming in, an improvement to what we have?

What is the transfer strategy, to buy an(other) attacking midfielder, er like Bruno and Mason Mount?

New season starts in four weeks. I'm not quite sure what our plans are. We need a top, top quality centre-half, that I do know. Can we get Braithwaite in... hopefully, but we shouldn't overpay for him.

Sorry, cannot see this at all. Are we stronger at the back? Better in midfield? Better upfront? Are the players coming in, an improvement to what we have?

What is the transfer strategy, to buy an(other) attacking midfielder, er like Bruno and Mason Mount?

New season starts in four weeks. I'm not quite sure what our plans are. We need a top, top quality centre-half, that I do know. Can we get Braithwaite in... hopefully, but we shouldn't overpay for him.

we have literally been strongly linked to a player in all the positions mentioned by you!

and these players wont start their preason atleast for another 10 odd days due to copa/euros. So we are pretty much on the clock.

Clearly the strategy is to upgrade / provide good options for the positions we are weak in (as you mentioned) with 3-4 new signings. Maybe more if we can get sales through.

Wow.. that's some list..
Obviously an exaggerated.. but even close to any in that list would be great.
The Ibra/Berbatov comparison is obviously due to Zirkzee‘s height and his very good technical abilities. He is a great player to watch but not a main scoring outlet. I wish him well at United. Always good to see a Bayern academy player making it.

What attacking midfielder are you talking about? We are barely 2 weeks into July, have already bought an exciting striker with a very different profil than the one we have. We are appearantly very far with the transfer of the top quality center-half we need and still in negotiations with an other young promising CB. A lot of smoke on the transfer of a very good midfield-destroyer as well.

I think the early signs of the window are quite positive. I like our targets and I am confident that we will be able to get 4 or 5 good players in positions we really need in.

Reactions: Cheimoon
"Ouch"

Pup, I was in the military for 15 years, I've been shot at, stabbed, run over by a car, lost a daughter to cancer and survived cancer myself.

If you think your ego telling you to write "ouch" on a United forum to another supporter, made you feel superior in some way, then I'm here to tell you that you'll have to try a hell of a lot harder than that. I know that will hurt your patronising, keyboard warrior pride, but there you go.

Wow, that's a weird escalation :o

Reactions: Mr Pigeon
"Ouch"

Everybody (not just you) please chill out!

Last edited:
"Ouch"

1ad7f578-196c-4766-955c-6520306f9175_text.gif

Hope so. I'm a bit sceptical any one coach can do too much on finishing, it's not like Ole's reign produced a load of poaching experts and the days when the consensus was Benni McCarthy was a miracle worker feel very far away now. I'm sure both players will be really excited to work with Ruud though.
We did it for Cristiano Ronaldo. Mulenstein, Phelan, Fergie worked with him. Ronaldo has spoken about it before, fergie encouraging to change his stride pattern as he got closer to goal with the ball to give himself more time to make a decision.

There was lots of bits and pieces in one on one training which all came together to make him the clinical finishing machine he was at his peak.

It's also up to the player, as to how motivated he is to learn. So we will have to see with Zirkzee.

"Ouch"

OK, whilst appreciating your story and that you feel aggrieved, can I ask you, politely, to not lash out at - what you yourself state is - another supporter?

Riding with the punches is par for the course on a forum, but you can still follow decorum and not be overly aggressive.

If you do persist, you will be banned, so it’s a call for you to make. I hope you choose wisely and can contribute to the forum with your years of experience supporting the club.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Status
Not open for further replies.