Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Genuinely think if we played any one of the strikers from the Under 21s they couldn't be as ineffective. He offers nothing.

He isnt Eriksen and his passing and general play is even more infuriating than Bruno at the moment. He's just showing poor ability at the moment

I doubt anyone has ever claimed he’s the dutch Eriksen, my only point was that i think we’re setting him up to fail when playing him as a lone striker in a setup like tonight.

I suspect Ugarte will come good under our new manager but with this guy, I'm just not seeing it. I feel like the player I was told we were getting, and what I'm watching are 2 completely different things.

He seems to be 2 seconds behind the speed of play. Slow, lethargic, overhits easy passes, totally not aware what is going on around him and where his players are. Not looking good bruv.

Hasn’t looked great overall, but does show glimpses of ability.

He’s young. Has time. He shouldn’t be expected to lead the line in a new league for Manchester United at his age. That’s the managers fault for not buying a more established striker, leaving the young ones (Hojlund and Zirkzee), time to develop.

The expectation on these two is ridiculous.

He’s young. Has time. He shouldn’t be expected to lead the line in a new league for Manchester United at his age. That’s the managers fault for not buying a more established striker, leaving the young ones (Hojlund and Zirkzee), time to develop.

Interesting that you're willing to be this patient with a 'young' 23 year old Zirkzee, whereas with a 24 year old Mount last season, you posted hundreds of negative comments about how much of a failure he was.

Time to call a spade, a spade. I'd be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong, but he's substantially out of his depth and it has nothing to do with his age or adaptation to the league.

Interesting that you're willing to be this patient with a 'young' 23 year old Zirkzee, whereas with a 24 year old Mount last season, you posted hundreds of negative comments about how much of a failure he was.
Interesting? What’s interesting is your vested interest. Jesus Christ. Do you have sticky notes on your computer, or something?

Was I even was wrong with Mount? I’ll die on the hill that Mount is shite, as he is proving, and he was proving prior to us throwing £50+ and 250k/wk on.

Zirkzee has been in the premier league how long?

Interesting? What’s interesting is your vested interest. Jesus Christ. Do you have sticky notes on your computer, or something?

Was I even was wrong with Mount? I’ll die on the hill that Mount is shite, as he is proving, and he was proving prior to us throwing £50+ and 250k/wk on.

Zirkzee has been in the premier league how long?
Maybe don't post constant shite about a United player if you don't want to get called out on it. Your weekly Mount criticism came across as weird, even for someone like myself, who was underwhelmed by the transfer.

So just to clarify - the reasons why you perceive the pair of them so differently boils down to the fact that a) Zirkzee is new to the Premier League and b) Mount has been given a more expensive contract than Zirkzee. Therefore, Zirkzee warrants patience due to his 'youth', whereas Mount warrants hundreds of negative comments about him? Is there anything else that I'm missing...?

Maybe don't post constant shite about a United player if you don't want to get called out on it. Your weekly Mount criticism came across as weird, even for someone like myself, who was underwhelmed by the transfer.

So just to clarify - the fact that a) Zirkzee is new to the Premier League and b) Mount has also been given a more expensive contract than Zirkzee warrants Zirkzee patience due to his 'youth', whereas Mount warrants hundreds of negative comments about him? Is there anything else that I'm missing...?
All of it. You’re missing all of it. You’re twisting what’s been said to try to support your argument.

I can’t be bothered with you, kid.

All of it. You’re missing all of it. You’re twisting what’s been said to try to support your argument.

I can’t be bothered with you, kid.
Cool. See you on the Mount thread in a few days, no doubt. Too bad Mount was born a year before Zirkzee, otherwise the 'young' lad would've deserved time and patience from a well-rounded poster such as yourself.

Cool. See you on the Mount thread in a few days, no doubt. Too bad Mount was born a year before Zirkzee, otherwise the 'young' lad would've deserved time and patience from a well-rounded poster such as yourself.
Ive barely touched the Mount thread since last year, when we signed him. Sure, the odd post here or there, but the (lack of) success of the transfer of Mount speaks loud enough, without people making comments.

Saying that, I can only judge a player on what I see. I’ve not seen Zirkzee enough to make comment; when you consider he’s adapting to a new league. I saw Mount in the Premier League plenty enough to make comment.

Ive barely touched the Mount thread since last year, when we signed him. Sure, the odd post here or there, but the (lack of) success of the transfer of Mount speaks loud enough, without people making comments.

Saying that, I can only judge a player on what I see. I’ve not seen Zirkzee enough to make comment; when you consider he’s adapting to a new league. I saw Mount in the Premier League plenty enough to make comment.
Must be tough after the literal hundreds of negative posts from you in the Mount threads last season. Hope you're doing okay bro. It's not easy quitting something so addictive.

Zirkzee looks out of his depth in the PL. We all saw Mount's ability at Chelsea.

Must be tough after the literal hundreds of negative posts from you in the Mount threads last season. Hope you're doing okay bro. It's not easy quitting something so addictive.

Zirkzee looks out of his depth in the PL. We all saw Mount's ability at Chelsea.
Are you trying to insult me, bro?

The fact that you recall the name of a poster and the comments he’s made is, well. . . embarrassing, at best. Especially over a year onwards. I’ve no idea who you are, and frankly, if you posted elsewhere, there is close to zero chance I would be able to correlate.

Do better.

Are you trying to insult me, bro?

The fact that you recall the name of a poster and the comments he’s made is, well. . . embarrassing, at best. Especially over a year onwards. I’ve no idea who you are, and frankly, if you posted elsewhere, there is close to zero chance I would be able to correlate.

Do better.
I haven't done either of those things during our interaction on this thread, but please keep talking. I'm guessing you've had a few beers tonight?

Here's hoping that the patience you show towards the young prodigy that is a 23 year old Zirkzee pays off. Lord knows he deserves more patience than what you gave a 24 year old Mount last season.

I haven't done either of those things during our interaction on this thread, but please keep talking. I'm guessing you've had a few beers tonight?

Here's hoping that the patience you show towards the young prodigy that is a 23 year old Zirkzee pays off. Lord knows he deserves more patience than what you gave a 24 year old Mount last season.
Uh. You literally fecking remember my postings on the Mason Mount thread from last year, and quoted my post on this Zirkzee thread referencing it.

I also find it rather cute how you embellish your points also, using words I’ve never used, such as “young prodigy” etc to try to sway your suggestions and exaggerate a point. You should retrain for a job in the media. Lords knows, they spout similar shite.

I made a single point that basically inferred the manager threw both out strikers under the bus, by not having an already established striker for them to rotate off and you’ve conjured up that diatribe.

You’re just not very bright, and your arguments lack any form of substance. It’s ok. Hopefully you have time to develop, like our young prodigious talent: Joshua Zirkzee. If not? I’m sorry.

Last edited:
Uh. You literally fecking remember my postings on the Mason Mount thread from last year.

Delusion.
A caf poster remembers the name of another caf poster from a few months prior. Imagine that.

It might be worth looking up the definition of 'delusion' mate.

Uh. You literally fecking remember my postings on the Mason Mount thread from last year.

Delusion.
The Internet never forgets ;)Just own up and say that you have double standards. It’s ok to judge someone more harshly than others - I do it all the time:lol:

As far as the debate goes. Zirkzee is not cut out for this level. His movement isn’t up to the mark, and his finishing is hit or miss. He will always struggle. If the idea was to develop a “young” player then it’s a horrendous decision. As it is we lack goalscorers and can’t afford to carry people who are learning.

Calm down. Lots of players throughout football history have struggled in their first 3 months in a dysfunctional team and eventually came good.

By your logic we would've sold Vidic and Evra by March of 2006.
The "players need time to adapt to the PL" idea is an overblown meme - you can tell because the example that's always given is a set of transfers from 18 years ago.

Young is stretching it. He is, but he’s at the age where he has to be showing more. I can forgive poor form, but the lack of conditioning and intensity is feckin’ worrying. And all the noise about him going back to Italy suggests he’s given up already.

Can we just stop signing young players from Italy for a lot of money and hope they might be good one day?

Absolute abomination of a performance. What is he good at? Can't contest high balls, can't shield the ball, doesn't hit the right weight of the pass, to slow to release the ball, to slow to outrun anybody, ha has a bit of a shot on him if he is uncontested on the edge of the box or inside the box. But my god how shit can you be?

Was Zirkzee an Ashworth target? His languid style is just not resonating well here and I wonder what qualities of his made him a priority signing for the club. He needs to apply more intensity to his game and he could perhaps mirror what Gakpo provides at Liverpool for instance, which still isn't enough for our aspirations

Should this be a test for RVN?
He is one of our coaches, a legend striker for the club, Dutch and by all accounts our interim coach if Erik gets his marching orders.
I am going to gauge RVN as a coach by the improvement in Zirkzee so I hope it works out for both parties.

Did we just sign a poor man’s Martial this past summer? I think Zirkzee has some good qualities but they’re hidden behind a player that is struggling with the intensity needed.

Not only does he not look like the player we thought we were getting, he actually now looks less than half the player he was in his first couple of games for us.

His confidence looks like it’s on the floor. Overthinking things, getting his execution badly wrong and then hesitation creeping in.

Needs to work hard through this period to salvage the situation.

Not only does he not look like the player we thought we were getting, he actually now looks less than half the player he was in his first couple of games for us.

His confidence looks like it’s on the floor. Overthinking things, getting his execution badly wrong and then hesitation creeping in.

Needs to work hard through this period to salvage the situation.
Typical United transition for most players. He lost all confidence. He messed up a through ball to Rashy and then had an other opportunity to play Garnacho through but he hesitated

It's the rarest of threads, where he caf seems to be United behind a common belief.

I just can't quite believe that it about Zirkzee being a lost cause.

The hyperbole on display here is outrageous. You'd think Zirkzee had fecked half your sisters.

He's a young lad with an impressive highlight reel in Serie A. He's not even played 10 games for us. Writing him off at this stage makes it sound like you have some sort of agenda.

Lets put the pitchforks down, shall we?

It's the rarest of threads, where he caf seems to be United behind a common belief.

The hyperbole on display here is outrageous. You'd think Zirkzee had fecked half your sisters.

He's a young lad with an impressive highlight reel in Serie A. He's not even played 10 games for us. Writing him off at this stage makes it sound like you have some sort of agenda.

I wish he was class and fecked my sister than be shit and not feck her

Yet another terrible signing in a long list. New structure and we're still buying trash like Zirkzee and Ugarte? Ffs

What would that agenda be ?

How could he feck only half of my sister?

:confused:

It's too early to write him off, he is clearly struggling, but he's just swapped team and league and there are loads of examples of players struggling to find their feet in a new team. Caicedo at Chelsea is a great example, he was awaful when he first moved but is now really coming into his own again.

I'm not saying this will definitely happen, you never know how it will pan out, but it is way to early to giving up on him.

Too early to write him off yet, but after his first few games I didn't see much there to get excited about. Not seen anything since to change that opinion.

But hopefully he kicks on and does something for us.