Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Weghorst was more effective because he had much more energy and aggression. Zirkzee is much more talented but if he doesn't get to the pace of the game he will be moved on quickly.
Our track record in moving people on quickly would suggest otherwise

Tonight should have been a good opportunity to show his skills. It is after all a EL game, different pace and feel to the PL.
Hojlund struggled in the PL initially but in the CL he showed us he had something about him. Something to work it.
What is the hope for Zirkzee if he doesn't stand out in the EL ?
Did you watch the game that was played, or the game that you think was played? It was no walk in the park mate...

He is struggling but expectations in from those that rush to post here.... are a bit unrealistic

Tonight should have been a good opportunity to show his skills. It is after all a EL game, different pace and feel to the PL.
Hojlund struggled in the PL initially but in the CL he showed us he had something about him. Something to work it.
What is the hope for Zirkzee if he doesn't stand out in the EL ?

Yeah Hojlund is a good comparison. Even though he didn't score for half the season he showed us glimpses in the other comps and still put in performances in the league. Zirkzee really is not giving us anything in his appearances and seems light years away from what Rasmus gives us on the pitch. For a striker whose game is the Firmino type of play, even if he isn't scoring there should be at least a base level of link up play etc. The only saving grace I might afford him is that nobody apart from Garnacho is playing consistently well this season.

Did you watch the game that was played, or the game that you think was played? It was no walk in the park mate...

He is struggling but expectations in asking those that rush to post here.... are a bit unrealistic

No one is expecting a goal a game striker. I wouldn't even expect him scoring/assisting every other game. But he can't win a header, can't pass a ball, can't shoot and can't really dribble. His assist was fortunate and he has had a shocking start here bar his debut.

No one is expecting a goal a game striker. I wouldn't even expect him scoring/assisting every other game. But he can't win a header, can't pass a ball, can't shoot and can't really dribble. His assist was fortunate and he has had a shocking start here bar his debut.
Yes he's been ineffective

At the moment he's demonstrating why Weghorst is in front of him in the national team pecking order. I didn't think we could get anyone worse up top than poor Weggy but we've only gone and done it.

Must've used up all his energy and skills in that first sub appearance.

Since then it's like he's having a stroll along the beach daydreaming, emotionless. Even if he can provide the odd link in our buildup, it would be massively offset with how he plays.

He is struggling but expectations in from those that rush to post here.... are a bit unrealistic
I saw him boot the ball out of play under next to no pressure...
I'm sure you saw that.
Fener was extremely poor, they're full of has beens.
He is that shite at the moment. It's on him to improve.

His attitude is poor. Thats the most dissappointing part. Hes very laid back and lethargic so you cant even see him trying, at least then you could expect some good luck eventually. Right now he looks like a player who doesnt care and is biding time till he moves on

He's big and fairly strong but when he plays at the moment thats about all you see. He's looking like Fellaini without the effort

Yes he's been ineffective

When you take into consideration certain actions (offside goal v Brighton, performance tonight) he's actually been worse than ineffective. It's like watching Bebe and the early days of Forlan.

Hopefully he turns it around but, as mentioned, I don't think we have the right tools to bed him in gradually/allow him time to settle. We need him impacting now.

Yes, it’s quite hard to tell what he’s actually good at. I’d expect at least, with a frame like that, he could be physical and hold the ball up….but he doesn’t seem able to do that at all

When you take into consideration certain actions (offside goal v Brighton, performance tonight) he's actually been worse than ineffective. It's like watching Bebe and the early days of Forlan.

Hopefully he turns it around but, as mentioned, I don't think we have the right tools to be him in gradually/allow him time to settle. We need him impacting now.

Nah Folan was full of effort despite is shortcomings. He actually used to try and score

I saw him boot the ball out of play under next to no pressure...
I'm sure you saw that.
Fener was extremely poor, they're full of has beens.
He is that shite at the moment. It's on him to improve.
It obviously wasn't an easy game it's fenerbache away and we are where we are, so I don't know why you expected him to show up any moreso than anyone else? I'll take the point in Turkey and move on

He's gotta get better that's true, but he has time it's a few months in ffs

It obviously wasn't an easy game it's fenerbache and we are where we are, so I don't know why you expected him to show up any moreso than anyone else? I'll take the point and move on

He's gotta get better that's true, but he has time it's a few months in ffs
There is showing up moreso than anyone else, which I never said nor implied and there is the crap he displayed.
It was fairly easy to know quickly that Wout wasn't good enough and Zirkzee has been worse.
Only upside is his age, otherwise the footballer that he is now, is extremely shocking.

There is showing up moreso than anyone else, which I never said nor implied and there is the crap he displayed.
It was fairly easy to know quickly that Wout wasn't good enough and Zirkzee has been worse.
Only upside is his age, otherwise the footballer that he is now, is extremely shocking.
The baffling thing for me about Weghorst was how deep he was playing when we didnt have the ball. He was chasing around in midfield like a DM. He might actually have worked if he was up front on the end of crosses

Somehow Weghorst was playing deeper than Zirkzee and his false 9 role

The baffling thing for me about Weghorst was how deep he was playing when we didnt have the ball. He was chasing around in midfield like a DM. He might actually have worked if he was up front on the end of crosses

Somehow Weghorst was playing deeper than Zirkzee and his false 9 role
Please don't remind me this abomination of a tactic :lol:

We’d have been better off taking a punt on a League 2 striker. Would have saved 95% of the cost and quite likely have a better GD.

Bro you're just moaning. You think he's gonna be worst than Wout?

I feel sorry for the lad, as nothing is work for him and he looks lost, but can he not run?
He hasn’t got any pace, any short distance burst or acceleration, can’t get back behind the ball quick enough, and seems stuck in a slow jog, like he’s wearing lead boots.
You can’t play in a forward line in top level football and not be able to run.

Again, you're interpreting things.
At the moment, he is worse than Wout for me. What will happen in the future is that he will hopefully improve because he is still fairly young.
Amen.... He has skills he just needs to adapt his game, improvement is a given

Watching Wout was fecking painful... Apart from that time he scored and cried, that was nice

Some of you celebrated the departures of Martial and Sancho but in this lad we’ve signed a shite combination of both those players. Throw in a bit of Van de Beek too.

The worst thing is you can see other players in the team slowly losing trust in him.

Not sure i get all the hate. Really think he needs to play a bit deeper and closer to a midfielder, use him for link up and arriving late in the box.

Can't pass or run. Not a good look for an attacking midfielder/striker/whatever he's supposed to be.

The worrying thing is it looks like a lack of application rather than having good technique. 12 games into your Man United career and you're already sulking and jogging around - it's not looking good.

I thought he was fine to start the season, but he's been poor lately.

I honestly worry we've wasted a lot of money this summer yet again on him and Ugarte.

Not sure i get all the hate. Really think he needs to play a bit deeper and closer to a midfielder, use him for link up and arriving late in the box.

He isnt Eriksen and his passing and general play is even more infuriating than Bruno at the moment. He's just showing poor ability at the moment

I rarely write players off so early until their United career, but my god this lad is nothing near the quality of player that should starting games for United. Looks like another waste of money.