Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Minus the Pool game I think he's been very good operating in that middle and attacking area, he can help out a lot with his skill and size. Ugarte, Zirkzee and Hojlund could be a strong alternative to Bruno.

The guy is totally clueless, a poor excuse of a CF. Exactly what I expected after scoring only 14 goals in 58 matches in Italy. He won't score 10 goals this season. Not that he's gonna get so much chance, after Hojlund's return he's gonna sit back to the bench.

Do you mean the one where he was sliding in and just managed to get a foot to it?
Ye. Sometimes you don’t need to slide in to early. And sometimes even with them chances you see people score them with a foot.

Ye. Sometimes you don’t need to slide in to early. And sometimes even with them chances you see people score them with a foot.
It's fine margins though isn't it? Do you know for sure he would have scored if he hadn't slid in? Or would he not have been able to reach it?

The guy is totally clueless, a poor excuse of a CF. Exactly what I expected after scoring only 14 goals in 58 matches in Italy. He won't score 10 goals this season. Not that he's gonna get so much chance, after Hojlund's return he's gonna sit back to the bench.
You should un-register.

Looks nice and tidy. Will take him a bit a time to adjust to the PL.

Will be a good addition to the squad.

Like both. First one in first halve was easy. And the 2nd one he had all the space left to aim for.
The first chance was easy if you could get at the end of the ball and he barely touched it, on the second he had a few players blocking the goal. Both fairly easy chances but it's not like Garnacho missing the open goal.

It's fine margins though isn't it? Do you know for sure he would have scored if he hadn't slid in? Or would he not have been able to reach it?
Not sure mate. I just think it was a fairly easy chance to convert

Should be banned for posting such a terrible comment, how can you watch his performance and call him totally clueless.

He is not a #10, he is supposed to be a striker and his finishing has been pretty abysmal, in last two games
He’s had 2-3 starts? Yes he’s missed some good chances but he’s getting into good positions to miss chances, and today he helped knit our play together beautifully. I’m the opposite of disappointed. I’m really excited to see what more is to come! Especially under RVN’s tutoring!

I think we should at least give him a chance before feeling disappointed in him.

His aerial ability is very poor for such a tall player, few times so far this season it's like when jumps, he ducks his head...

Wow, the state of this post

I think he did very well today. Good link up play, laying off passes for his team mates. I think Rashford especially will benefit a lot from having Zirkzee leading the line.

His play style reminds me a lot of Ibrahimovic, granted he is not on the same level right now. Zirkzee is a young and exciting talent, it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Thought his link up play was really good today. Was nicer seeing the front 3 playing as a trio instead of totally isolated from each other.

His aerial ability is very poor for such a tall player, few times so far this season it's like when jumps, he ducks his head...
It’s the Weghorst technique where the higher the player jumps the smaller they become.

Thought he was great apart from that. Cracking feet and seems to be adjusting to the PL well.

Was really impressed with his play today. Felt like he was linking up with everyone, Amad, Rashford, Mainoo. Was probably my man of the match today.

Calling him a poor finisher feels pretty lazy. When he gets his shot off he looks good. Forced a tidy save from Ramsdale and a good clearance from the defender. I said before we signed him and I'll reiterate, I don't see anything in his finishing that would suggest he won't score goals for us.

As others have pointed out, the bigger problem is when he dilly-dallies on the ball. I hope he works on just one touch and hit it, even in a crowded penalty area.

Did you watch the game today?

His movement is very good. If he can learn how to finish I think he’ll score a good few

Very good performance. So slick. Frustrating at times because you want a guy of his size to be dominant in the air and hold it up with ease. That isn't a strength of his though. Loved his link up play. Should have scored.

I'll reiterate, Liverpool was not great, but against the Saints, he struck the ball well, beat the keeper, and was thwarted by a desperate defensive lunge. He's not skying balls into row Z, but forcing saves.
I feel pretty certain he will score goals for us, and in addition to looking fitter, he's starting to gel with the team around him, so that's great too.

He was good today, linked up well and his passing was the best on the pitch as far as I’m concerned. He’s getting into positions to score but so far he’s not converted as many as he should.

Was really impressed with his play today. Felt like he was linking up with everyone, Amad, Rashford, Mainoo. Was probably my man of the match today.

Calling him a poor finisher feels pretty lazy. When he gets his shot off he looks good. Forced a tidy save from Ramsdale and a good clearance from the defender. I said before we signed him and I'll reiterate, I don't see anything in his finishing that would suggest he won't score goals for us.

As others have pointed out, the bigger problem is when he dilly-dallies on the ball. I hope he works on just one touch and hit it, even in a crowded penalty area.
What is exactly lazy about it? It's exactly as it seems. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

Would be nice to see him be given the chance to play with Hojlund, not instead of, or be dropped when he's back.

The last thing this team probably needs is a static striker who will score a lot, but everything will go through him. Case in point, Zlatan in 2017/18 or Ronaldo in 2021/22.

Yeah, United striker should hit +15 goals at least, but the key for team success is unlocking everyone around. Not sure if this man can do it and it is his 1st season here, but the signing from that perspective makes total sense and I like it a lot.

He plays the game like he isn’t really that bothered and kind of just going under the radar but he had a lot of nice little touches and passes. Starting to think he might actually be quite a good signing. Feel like he needs a proper goal to then push on.

I personally think he isn't clinical enough to start a game. He haa a few very good chances to score but he shoot at the keeper or into the defendee. Hoijund will be back to lead the attack.

Reported