Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's 1 level above Hojlund and if he sharpen his finishing we are going to have a trully world class striker. Kid is so good, tidy with the ball able to receive and pass the ball in tight spaces, him, amad, and mazouri were a joy to watch today. He was deceptively slow while could burst with great pace when necessary.

Link up play is excellent.

If he can add some dribbling when he picks up the ball from midfield, he will be great.

He's actually getting consistent chances which is good, but my goodness don't turn into a Nunez in terms of finishing

I thought he was easily the best player on the pitch today. When he touched the ball something good always happened.

The focus on him missing a chance here or there is way over the top. Watch the freaking game. He is going to help create a lot of chances for us.

Great player, excellent link up play.

Comparing him to Weghorst is beyond stupid.

This guy is really good, and his finishing technique is actually quality too. Biggest nitpick is probably that RVN needs to instill a greater sense of urgency inside the box but his overall game is a delight and he helped us so much today when our build up from the back was pretty crap

Takes way too long to shoot — it was said about him before the transfer and this is, quite obviously, true. He tries to set up a perfect finish but more often than not it leads to him not getting the chance to take a shot at all.

On the plus side, he couldn't have asked for a better tutor on finishing than van Nistelrooy.

Also, he does loves his nutmegs, doesn't he? Completed two today if I'm not mistaken and it's not his first ones for United... they didn't lead to any chances but it's funny how often he attempts (and succeeds at) them.

I think he is really good, great link up and good eye for other players. Finishing was shite though but hopefully he can improve on that. Otherwise a good signing it seems.

Should have scored. Excellent linkup play and movement of the ball, but I think he sometimes tries too hard to play others in instead of just shooting himself. It's like he is trying to score the perfect team goal.
RVN seems the perfect guy to help him with that aspect.

Lacked finishing today. Should have scored at least 2. ST like this are why we don’t score many goals.

That's the key. He'll start scoring soon. Getting at the end of chances and hitting the target is very important. He's been a bit unlucky imo.
Ye but when your chances are very easy. That’s a different story.

Takes way too long to shoot — it was said about him before the transfer and this is, quite obviously, true. He tries to set up a perfect finish but more often than not it leads to him not getting the chance to take a shot at all.

On the plus side, he couldn't have asked for a better tutor on finishing than van Nistelrooy.

Also, he does loves his nutmegs, doesn't he? Completed two today if I'm not mistaken and it's not his first ones for United... they didn't lead to any chances but it's funny how often he attempts (and succeeds at) them.
You might just as well say "he doesn't shoot with enough power" or "he aims too low" etc. Him taking too long to shoot would've been a problem if he was getting pickpocketed or easily blocked. This isn't the case, he hits the target, the defenders / GK did well to stop him today.

Techy as hell and I think once he realises you don't have all day to do anything in the prem, he'll be very good for us. Will be an issue in where he gets in the team...

I like what i'm seeing, finishing aside. Awareness and first touch are very good.

You might just as well say "he doesn't shoot with enough power" or "he aims too low" etc. Him taking too long to shoot would've been a problem if he was getting pickpocketed or easily blocked. This isn't the case, he hits the target, the defenders / GK did well to stop him today.
That's the opposite of what I'm saying though. And I'm taking more about the chances that he didn't manage to get a shot in (not just in this game). I think that his actual finishing technique is fine and he is getting a bit unlucky overall so far, it's the thing that I'm talking about that may be a systemic issue that will hurt him in the long run if he doesn't adjust.

Techy as hell and I think once he realises you don't have all day to do anything in the prem, he'll be very good for us. Will be an issue in where he gets in the team...

I think that with his technical prowess he can play off the striker, as an AM as well etc. The problem is I don't think our manager has the nerves to bench Bruno when he's poor

also, Hojlund has a fight in his hands for a place

His linking up is very good. I have seen many touch passing in some small space which were so good.
The finishing is a concern but if we can score as a team, it won't be much of a concern

I was really excited about him, but the feeling is waning pretty rapidly. Albeit, he is still adjusting, but we can already say he is far from an instant hit. Really hoping he will figure things out, but some of the problems, like poor finishing, has little to do with "adjusting", so I am not going to hold my breath. Disappointed

I was really excited about him, but the feeling is waning pretty rapidly. Albeit, he is still adjusting, but we can already say he is far from an instant hit. Really hoping he will figure things out, but some of the problems, like poor finishing, has little to do with "adjusting", so I am not going to hold my breath. Disappointed
Honestly having that feeling after today is a little bizarre, he had 2 great chances and linked up play very well.

Seems to have the pros and cons we expected when we signed him. His general play is good and his vision and passing will contribute to good play. But he doesn’t look like a 20 league goals a season striker so far. So it remains to be seen whether his contribution to open play results in a big uptick in goals across the team. Happy to have him with us if he plays like that, but we’re still hunting for a regular goalscorer.

Some lovely link up.

He's getting a lot more clear chances than I expected he would, considering getting on the end of chances was meant to be his weakness when we signed him.

His finishing is starting to be a worry though. He should have been full of confidence in that respect after he got the winner on his debut, but it hasn't materialised.

I couldn't disagree more. He was class today. One touch passing and ball retention. Even the second chance he had to score he did the keeper like a kipper, was unlucky the defender stuck his leg out.

He's 1 level above Hojlund and if he sharpen his finishing we are going to have a trully world class striker. Kid is so good, tidy with the ball able to receive and pass the ball in tight spaces, him, amad, and mazouri were a joy to watch today. He was deceptively slow while could burst with great pace when necessary.
What does world class mean to you? I appreciate that I'm always banging on about this every time someone uses the term but it gets flung around too freely. You can be very good but not world class. If he became world class you'd have to compare him to the likes of Bergkamp, Ruud etc which I doubt

Honestly having that feeling after today is a little bizarre, he had 2 great chances and linked up play very well.
He is not a #10, he is supposed to be a striker and his finishing has been pretty abysmal, in last two games

That's the opposite of what I'm saying though. And I'm taking more about the chances that he didn't manage to get a shot in (not just in this game). I think that his actual finishing technique is fine and he is getting a bit unlucky overall so far, it's the thing that I'm talking about that may be a systemic issue that will hurt him in the long run if he doesn't adjust.
You said "he tries to set up a perfect finish but more often than not it leads to him not getting the chance to take a shot at all", what I find a weird comment after this game. I have no recollection of such case in this very limited sample of game time for United.

You should stop trying to understand football it’s not for you

Good with his back to goal.

Interplay and hold up typically pretty good.

Technique questionable (although I would say Zirkzee is stronger than Weghorst in this regards)

Looks pretty unnatural in front of goal.

To say that you can’t see similarities in their strengths and weaknesses tells me it’s you who should stop trying to understand football.