Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
His link play is very good but he needs to work on his finishing. Its fine because we won 3-0, but another day wed need him to take those chances.

Thought he was impressive. Very silky with great link up play. Unlucky on the two chances rather than them being poor finishes imo. Early signs of a good signing.

Should have scored. Excellent linkup play and movement of the ball, but I think he sometimes tries too hard to play others in instead of just shooting himself. It's like he is trying to score the perfect team goal.

Zirkzee is definitely a second striker. Looks brilliant dropping deep and picking out passes to teammates rushing into the box.

Really good player that can't score to save his life. Wasted two shots right in front of goal.
He isn't a second striker. He is getting at the end of chances far more than Hojlund. The ball is looking for him what is much more important than finishing (what isn't a concern... yet).

My only worry is he can't sprint and move fast in general. But, he'll be useful in those kind of games against bottom half of the league for sure.

I think he’s awesome on the ball. As others have said, shades of Berba. He’s got a good weight of pass too and links things up really well, passing and moving in to the right areas. I think in front of goal he actually has good positional instincts - acted like a striker for both the chance from Rashford where he didn’t quite reach it and the shot in the box where he was Johnny on the spot. His actual finish does need working on and luckily we have one of the best finishers I’ve ever seen as a coach so if he can make that even 20% better, he’ll get a decent amount of goals

Good in the buildup but not good enough as a striker. Wouldn't mind dropping Bruno and playing him as the number 10 though with Højlund up front.

He improved as the game went on, I like what I have seen of him so far and obviously needs more time to settle in.

His link up is beautiful stuff at times. Still can’t quite believe how useless he is in the air. Mate just jump higher.

Such a weird player. I can’t even think of a comparison. He’s massive, but he’s shite in the air. He’s got quick feet in tight spaces, but he’s very slow in the sprint. He’s good in the linkup, but then he’s not in the right positions in the box.

He is brilliant with his link up game and passes. When he is in the box I get confidence of he will position himself correctly to receive the ball. His finishing is bit off but that's okay. Very few can convert one in 2-3 opportunities every game. Those attain legendary status. More team will build attack around him, more chances he will get, and will increase probability of him converting one of them.

Very positive feelings about him. Well done boy.

His ball handling, technique and link up are all great. If our wingers starts firing, he can be a massive part of the team.

Deserved to be on the score sheet as well, but he has only himself to blame there in the end. Still, very good performance. Just don't send him any ball up to chase the headers.

Such a weird player. I can’t even think of a comparison. He’s massive, but he’s shite in the air. He’s got quick feet in tight spaces, but he’s very slow in the sprint. He’s good in the linkup, but then he’s not in the right positions in the box.
He has been in the right position in the box plenty. Agree with the rest

Grew into the game. Enjoyable performance, some really good link up play and should have scored that chance at the end.

Wish he scored that chance from Mainoo as his performance deserved a goal imo, we need him to put those chances away against better teams.

Lovely link up, doesn't have a killer instinct in front of goal so our wingers are gonna have to do a lot of contributing on that front when he plays.

I think he’s got a rather cool head him and finishing will improve with time.

He’s been a bit unlucky with his chances so far - the fact he is getting into those positions is reassuring.

The first one he had was a pure stretch so no blame there but he should’ve put the second away.

It doesn't matter who scores, Zirkzee has the potential of making the whole attack run much more smoothly with his rounded game.

I like him. His link up play is excellent. He'd thrive in a more attacking team. Wonder how he'd look like playing behind hojlund.

Much better then his last game Vs Liverpool... But he really doesn't scream goal threat.
Unlucky not to score one today if not for the defender getting in the way of the shot, the goalkeeper was beaten.

He reminds me a little of Firmino in that he's very good at linking play, dropping into those pockets and has that little bit of flair in his game.

His best performance, got a Berba like quality where things are too easy for him which is both a strength and sometimes a weakness.

I was worried about him but actually think players are using him as a wall now which is clearly his strength which and you think about it suits players like Rashford to the ground.
His balance is his biggest strength, he has good technique too obviously but the balance makes him really good at playing back to the goal. Hojlund is also a big lad but his balance seems completely off, and then there are other aspects of his game that are a bit meh.

IMO Zirksee is level above Hojlund, but let's see if he can get more fit because that game was played on amateur level

He’s a great alternate to Hojlund that’s for sure! I feel much more positive about him now.

If our number 10 wasn't also the captain and leader, I'd be pushing a lot harder to see him in that central 10/second striker role. Looks a very tidy player indeed.

I can see why he'd had been of interest for Arsenal. His link up and hold up play is very good and he has great balance and technique but he needs to work on being decisive in the box.

He should be on 4 or 5 goals already this season. Needs to be more clinical, but after the first 30mins he finally got into the game and once in the game he was very good.

He and Rashford complement each other really well and seem to enjoy playing with each other