Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He was very good yesterday. A huge difference with Memphis. Also drops deep, but unlike the former keeps it simple and finds the right pass, even if it won't make the highlight reel. Got into some good positions and scored a good goal.

Really hope he can get up to speed at United as well, because there's a great player in there.

That's not how you build a squad. We already have our long-term striker in Hojlund, who has a similar style to Osimhen and has all the tools to become even better than the Nigerian within 2-3 years. Not to mention the insane salary requirements of Osimhen and his agent.

Zirkzee is a different profile that adds some tactical variety, cheaper, fraction of the wages as well. Not every signing needs to be a big money addition with huge expectations. Zirkzee improves the squad too.

When your squad has scored around 55 goals from the same amount of expected goals for the past two seasons, signing an actual goalscorer is how you build and help a squad.

Not sure how Hojlund seems to have all those tools - awful first touch, doesn't seem that great in the air etc. One for the future for sure but a way off what we need!
That's not how you build a squad. We already have our long-term striker in Hojlund, who has a similar style to Osimhen and has all the tools to become even better than the Nigerian within 2-3 years. Not to mention the insane salary requirements of Osimhen and his agent.

Zirkzee is a different profile that adds some tactical variety, cheaper, fraction of the wages as well. Not every signing needs to be a big money addition with huge expectations. Zirkzee improves the squad too.

When your squad has scored around 55 goals from the same amount of expected goals for the past two seasons, signing an actual goalscorer is how you build and help a squad.

Not sure how Hojlund seems to have all those tools - awful first touch, doesn't seem that great in the air etc. One for the future for sure but a way off what we need!

Do you think Osimhen would be doing much more in this United team than Hojlund? He's not a player who can shine without service, and make something happen out of nothing, on his own. Hojlund is actually arguably more capable of this as well, despite being heavily reliant on service too.

Zirkzee was very good last night, thought he was very composed in the way he took his goal and generally put in a creative & classy performance. I’ve think about who he reminds me off. I think in the way he reads the game and often seems to have more time on the ball than others, there’s a bit of the Kenny Dalglish about him.

Needs a killer instinct and desire to score goals. How old is he again? He is going to frustrate this season especially if he plays loads of minutes. Looks slow in mind at the moment but hopefully he’ll get better

Needs a killer instinct and desire to score goals. How old is he again? He is going to frustrate this season especially if he plays loads of minutes. Looks slow in mind at the moment but hopefully he’ll get better
He’s got plenty of killer instinct, the way he took his goal for United and the one last night indicates that.

We knew what kind of forward player we were getting.
He just needs to adapt to the pace of the PL.

I'm interested to see if Hojlund and him will get consistent time together on the pitch .

You watch those highlights and he really does loves to play in the deeper no.10 area and do short passes around with the midfielders.

Makes me think a Hojlund and Zirkzee pairing could work nicely together.

You watch those highlights and he really does loves to play in the deeper no.10 area and do short passes around with the midfielders.

But will ETH try it ?

Maybe if Bruno gets injured, or we're chasing a goal and its 70 mins gone so you gamble and play all 3.

He doesnt keep the ball for long enough for my liking. Just wants to get rid off it.

has to add that to his game.

It's like they only took his successful moments. Or did he really have a 100% pass success rate?
Zirkzee. Xavi and Reijnders seems to really click. Let's hope Koeman for once sees something the rest of NL also sees.

It's like they only took his successful moments. Or did he really have a 100% pass success rate?
Only the successful moments as is the case with any highlights compilations. From what I remember he had atleast couple of other flicks which didn't come off.

Looking at stats, he had 73% pass completion.

Looks better when paired with another striker he can sit behind. This is what I was worried about, his best role is a role we already have Bruno and Mount for.

Only the successful moments as is the case with any highlights compilations. From what I remember he had atleast couple of other flicks which didn't come off.

Looking at stats, he had 73% pass completion.
Ah ok. That's a bit annoying then, but more fun to watch I guess! :lol:

Clever player but he needs teammates on the same page or he’ll be giving the ball away a lot and playing with it in non dangerous areas. He’s not explosive like Rasmus but it will be nice to see them play together. I’d play Rasmus off the left cutting in with Zirkzee and Bruno creating. Basically a 442 in possession. I think that could work really well. The manager now has a selection headache on his hands when everyone is fit. Rashford would be first big name I’d be dropping.

Maybe if Bruno gets injured, or we're chasing a goal and its 70 mins gone so you gamble and play all 3.

Yeah with the current pressure on the manager, sadly I don't think United have the time to experiment.

Especially if that means leaving your most creative player on the bench in Bruno. But in the cups I hope we get see Zirkzee and Hojlund together. Or like you said when the team is chasing a goal.

He's elite when the game is played at a slower pace. I hope he can make the step up with us.

Really think Bruno could be a good option on the left too. It would probably give him more freedom as an attacker. Would also give us someone with legs, and a player able to help our midfield more.

Really think Bruno could be a good option on the left too. It would probably give him more freedom as an attacker. Would also give us someone with legs, and a player able to help our midfield more.
In the past I feel any time we've not played with a pacey wideman, we've been shit.

The United pundits will bemoan it as "that's not the United way"

In the past I feel any time we've not played with a pacey wideman, we've been shit.

The United pundits will bemoan it as "that's not the United way"
Like David Beckham? Park and Fletcher also played out wide and was not quick. They gave us something different in midfield when he feared we would get outnumbered.

(I’ve been thinking on it quite a bit watching us these days; Ferguson was always really concerned about the central areas of the pitch. Today people talk about inverted fullback, and young people on twitter seem to think it is something Pep came up with. Ferguson played players like Heinze, Silvestre and Brown as tucked inside fullbacks for years.)

Last edited:

Osimhen has a worse touch.