Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's still developing and will improve. That said, there's no way we buy him if anyone other than ETH was managing the club.
He would be good to develop alongside Hojlund and another no1 star striker. The next manager will have to asses this because clearly none of the two is ready to lead the line now yet.

Problem is that in a more progressive team players like that could still score goals and get into chances (which he got today but failed to score). Overall its always not every chance converted but he has to get more chances created by his team to get better at goalscoring.

His overall play was pretty off too today though. Dont think hes up to full fitness yet.

He's not a number 9,never has been and never will be.. Anyone whose watched him play before can see that. So we've gone in to the season with only one 9 who's injured, worrying times ahead, and with Rashford off form, I just can't see where the goals are coming from.

He was very poor today. He should have scored twice.

He looked knackered after twenty mins in the ground. Was constantly gesturing to slow everything down.

I think reality hit for the lad today. None of his little flicks came off and he ended up having the ball taken off him, easily on some occasions. He’s going to really need to put the effort in if he’s going to make it here.

He was horrid in the first half, van Dijk completely destroyed him. 2nd half he improved a bit but Liverpool were far more relaxed. Missed a couple sitters but at least he was there for them

I’m seriously concerned by his lack of mobility and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that every time he’s been on the pitch our press has been bypassed routinely. I had hoped we’d stopped signing players who can’t run - but then we went for Amrabat last year so feck knows.

Good to see him getting on the end of chances. Encouraging signs. Obviously needs to start taking them but I’d always take a striker who’s getting chances to score every game over one who isn’t.
Same!
He’s a young player getting accustomed to a new league and a new team, with his first start being against Liverpool in a dysfunctional team.

I wouldn’t rush to judge him based on this game alone. At least he had some opportunities and tried - although failed - to link up.

He’s still not up to speed with the League and thats normal

He was very poor today. He should have scored twice.
Header yeah, the one from the Rashford cross wasn't really that great of a chance. He's having to stretch to get any contact on it.

Didn't really link up too well today though.

I've seen him play in Belgium for a year and wasn't impressed. It baffles me that he's played for Bayern and now us. He must have a great agent

He got a few chances. That's the most important things, you don't worry when strikers are getting on the end of things - you worry when they aren't. He was poor today, but he is adapting and I'm confident he can come good.

Last edited:
2 chances missed against Liverpool you have to score both of them and then it's a different story
Lack of clinical edge was one of United's main issues in the Premier league, Hopefully Zirkee improves in that regard, getting himself into good positions to score.

I’d like to see RVN get super involved in Our attacking patterns of play and we have two distinct options.

PL starting front 4 ; Bruno, Rashford, Rasmus, Amad
Europa/LC front 4; Mount, Garnaucho, Wheatley,/Zirkzee, Antony

I can’t think of more than 2/3 of them that are actually good enough for an Elite top 10 European Club so time to prove it or jog on!

Last edited:
Every single one of our players are made to look worse, because there is no cohesion in the team. Zirkzee has done some good things and some bad things so far, but let's give him a bit more time. It looks like there is some technical ability there.

Who would have thought that a player behind Weghourst in the national team pecking order would turn out to be a donkey? We probably have two of the least effective forwards in the PL. I bet neither get more than 10 league goals this season.

Who would have thought that a player behind Weghourst in the national team pecking order would turn out to be a donkey? We probably have two of the least effective forwards in the PL. I bet neither get more than 10 league goals this season.
What are you betting? I'll take that bet.

He got on the end of 2 crosses today which is encouraging. Again that was meant to be his weakness that he doesn't make enough runs into the box, and why he hasn't scored enough in his career, but it's obviously something the coaches have emphasised. The header isn't that bad as there wasn't much pace on the cross. The miss on Rashford's cross though is really bad, we need to be clinical on those.

Overall, just too many losses of possession. Sloppy passes and decision making, trying to dribble in crowded areas. I'm prepared to give young players and new signings a pass though. It's the players who do this every game for years on end that deserve the biggest criticism.

That said, there's no way we buy him if anyone other than ETH was managing the club.
As much as I've been critical of Ten Hag being able to handpick players, I'm not sure that applies here.

This one feels more like a coincidence that he's Dutch, and is probably a recruitment team signing. But who knows.

It’s a turn of phrase lad. However, if you think either are capable you go and place a decent bet and come and post the bet slip. Bet you don’t because you know it’s a shit bet.
So what happens if if place the bet and it wins? I need to know what's at stake here.

Hmmmm, not sure about this one doesn't look technically very well put together and a little slow in all honesty.

Should of done better with his chances aswell got to bury at least one of those really.

Early days though young player new club and country may take a little time, but I'm not seeing an awful lot to shout about yet.

Not seeing it with him. Not sure what he’s supposed to be good at - not fast, not good at dribbling, can’t seem to hold up the ball despite his size, not great in the air despite his size, link up play looks weak, and seems to occupy the no10 position than striker. Compare that to Nicholas Jackson or Alexander Isak and you can immediately see what their strengths are and their teams play to that.

Early days to judge him but he's got an unusual style. He's not exactly the type of player I'd have imagined we'd go for though.

So what happens if if place the bet and it wins? I need to know what's at stake here.

Don't expect people posting so melodramatically to own up to it, it's ridiculous to call him a donkey based on a game where the entire attack was disjointed and he still got himself into a couple of great scoring positions. Finishing was poor though, we need that to improve.

He's not a striker. Don't think he's even a false 9. Why did we sign another no.10?

Good to see him getting on the end of chances. Encouraging signs. Obviously needs to start taking them but I’d always take a striker who’s getting chances to score every game over one who isn’t.
So he can be our very own, slower, Nunez? We need a clinical striker with the chances created.