Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
So he can be our very own, slower, Nunez? We need a clinical striker with the chances created.

The guys probably played like 180 minutes of football and is currently 1 in 3, should of scored two today and had one saved by a decent stop by Alisson, maybe give him some time before we declare him a failure.

Good to see him getting on the end of chances. Encouraging signs. Obviously needs to start taking them but I’d always take a striker who’s getting chances to score every game over one who isn’t.

This is where I'm at with him, plus the fact he's a new signing getting his first start 3 games in against our biggest rivals. There were a lot of problems today with the rest of the team, and he isn't immune to some of the criticism regarding his link up play, but the fact he looks like he knows where to position himself in the box is encouraging to me.

He had a really poor game. However, he wasn’t absent, he tried a lot and was visibly upset with himself. I’d be a bit more patient with him and hope he turns out good.

So CAF is writing him off already? Lovely.

:lol: It started his first game already. Unfortunatly for some Zirkzee scored on his debut so the real writing off could only start after the Brighton game. But now he must be getting close to having played the minutes of two full games, he only scored once and doesnt look like the best striker in the league. Obviously the logical conclusion is that Zirkzee is a failure and Wout Weghorst is the superior player.

The guys probably played like 180 minutes of football and is currently 1 in 3, should of scored two today and had one saved by a decent stop by Alisson, maybe give him some time before we declare him a failure.
Not declaring him a failure at all. He improved slightly as the game progressed. Getting on the end of chances is not enough though. Plenty of mid-tier players can do that just as there are the Adama wingers that can go past their players. Ultimately, end product seals the win.

His technique is a big concern, but it’s early days. Just hope he gets better.

He looked knackered after twenty mins in the ground. Was constantly gesturing to slow everything down.
So it probably looks as rushed from 1st person perspective as it does from the tv screen. It is apparent that many of our players aren't comfortable at all on the ball, there also isn't much movement so I can understand Casemiro being unpleasent getting the ball knowing there is a good chance, that within 2 seconds he'll have 2 Liverpool players on his back while only having United player making himself available (most often the one that made the pass to Casemiro in the first place). Also players being far apart from each other will play its role. And not to forget the return consequence of the chaotic gamestyle. Will take ages (if ever) for synergies to emerge.

With Mainoo we have one midfielder who is comfortable on the ball. Ugarte is supposed to be very good at it as well. This African Kid apparently has it as a strength as well. Still not enough considering wouldn't categorize any our wingers as comfortable on the ball (apart from Amad but it is early days).

Thought he had a couple of very nice touches early on which looked promising but like the rest of the team everything began to look a little rushed and Liverpool were easily cutting out our passes. He got sucked into dropping too deep for a while but the manager clearly corrected that at half time.

Definitely should have scored the header, did the right thing with the other chance but got a bit too much on it while stretching.

A 0/10 performance. Beyond awful.

I still have no idea what he is supposed to do and how he fits, but then again nobody really knows what this manager is doing, including the manager himself, so it's hard to blame the new guy. But it's quite clear he is way off what is required.

There was a moment when rashford was running down the left to cross it in and Zirkzee was jogging with no urgency to get in the box. It's just not his game, which at the moment makes me wonder how he fits in

A 0/10 performance. Beyond awful.

I still have no idea what he is supposed to do and how he fits, but then again nobody really knows what this manager is doing, including the manager himself, so it's hard to blame the new guy. But it's quite clear he is way off what is required.

0/10 seems a bit harsh? He wasn’t great but he’s still adjusting and while he should have done better managed to get on the end of our two best chances.

Not sure how he fits but I don’t think he was the problem. Should have scored one goal where he actually did a proper strikers run and had another couple of chances where he at least got the ball on target. Actually think he’d be better with Hojlund. Ultimately, had or made 3 chances. Nobody else did

Recall him having two passes fired at him by Bruno in the first half that he had no chance of taking under control and when a better pass may have put him in on both occasions. Whilst he had some decent touches here and there, he really has to take those two chances.

Wasn't great, wasn't terrible. I honestly don't know what to expect, as I didn't see all that much of him last season in Serie A.

He's obviously more of a squad player than an out and out talent.

This was a baptism of fire for him, Liverpool play at a high pace, and hopefully he'll learn to adapt.

Not a great, or good, performance but too early to light the torches yet.

My standards regarding United strikers dropped so low that i give him a pass for being in chances and being involved in build up. Missed chances are obviously a minus but i like what i saw in these 3 games.
I hope he starts against Saints.

He’s better off the ball than on it. He’s got a place but he’s in a tough situation in this team that struggles to create and yet desperately needs goals. There’s a lot of pressure and expectation from the fans, when really he should not be put in a position where he’s leading the line against Liverpool. These tactics are so calamitous and I don’t want to be too harsh on any player, given that the system Ten Hag plays is not set up to get the best out of anybody.

He was poor today. Lost possession constantly. Had a decent shot which Allison saved, but also butchered 2 great chances. Looks slow and awkward. Was supposed to be centre forward but kept dropping deep, so the Liverpool central defence had an armchair ride. You want your cf to be either a threat in behind with pace, or someone who can physically battle defenders. Zirkzee did neither.

I'm loathe to write off a young player after 3 games but I'm not getting good vibes from Zirkzee. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and turn into the next RVN.

I'm usually staunchly against the writing off of new signings after a few games, and it still doesn't do any good even if it turns out to be correct.

Having said that, this must be close to the most concerned I have been for a new signing. He just did not look even vaguely at it from that performance today. Absolutely miles out of his depth and, to top it off, glimpses of being yet another square peg to shove into a round hole. Other than when he did very well to get that one shot away that forced a good save, he just looked hopeless.

Obviously I hope he turns it round but I'm struggling to remember the last time I was this pessimistic about a signing after a few games.

I saw some clips prior to the purchase and I was concerned he was not the answer as appears limited technically and not the quickest.After watching the last two and a bit games he has played I have seen nothing to change my mind.

I don't doubt his work ethic but would describe him as the attacking version of Fellani

Arsenal were linked with Zirkzee before he signed and i would be confident in saying we’d be pretty annoyed “why can’t we sign players like this” if he went there.

Let’s give him some time yeah lads

Arsenal were linked with Zirkzee before he signed and i would be confident in saying we’d be pretty annoyed “why can’t we sign players like this” if he went there.

Let’s give him some time yeah lads
I agree. Players are at a disadvantage coming in to our side that’s in disarray constantly. In a good team, a lot of these players would look better

Who was the Dutch forward that was a success in the PL?

Memphis, Kluivert, Gakpo, Bergwijn, De Jong, Weghorst, Janssen have either failed or not made much of an impact.

The defenders and goalies do very well and CMs can be hit or miss but attackers have been crap. Even the non Dutch Eredivisie attackers have been crap with Kudus and Madueke as exceptions.

Who was the Dutch forward that was a success in the PL?

Memphis, Kluivert, Gakpo, Bergwijn, De Jong, Weghorst, Janssen have either failed or not made much of an impact.

The defenders and goalies do very well and CMs can be hit or miss but attackers have been crap. Even the non Dutch Eredivisie attackers have been crap with Kudus and Madueke as exceptions.
Maybe I’m missing something about what you’re saying, but RVN, Van Persie, Bergkamp ?

Will give him a pass for today considering it was his first start in a new league.

But he was very poor , gave the ball away constantly, his attempts to go past defenders were laughable and he looked lost art the pace of the game.

But as I said it was his first start in difficult circumstanced , will and should get more chances to prove himself.

Will give him a pass for today considering it was his first start in a new league.

But he was very poor , gave the ball away constantly, his attempts to go past defenders were laughable and he looked lost art the pace of the game.

But as I said it was his first start in difficult circumstanced , will and should get more chances to prove himself.
He looks very slow and leggy. Seeing him amble across the pitch like Rashford is disheartening. Not sure if it is just fitness issues or that is his style of play. If it’s the latter, it’s another mistake of a transfer.

Nobody has said it, but what separates him from somebody like Fellaini? He's gangly, slow and has a seemingly worse first touch. I just don't understand what the positivity was around this signing, he was the wrong profile of player we needed even regardless of his abilities. We needed goals and experience, especially someone different to Hojilund who's still learning.

He had two good chances to score today, especially the header, and a half chance from that Rashford cross.

The goals will come, but his performance outside of the box was lacking.

Nobody has said it, but what separates him from somebody like Fellaini? He's gangly, slow and has a seemingly worse first touch. I just don't understand what the positivity was around this signing, he was the wrong profile of player we needed even regardless of his abilities. We needed goals and experience, especially someone different to Hojilund who's still learning.
For one, he seems absolutely awful at heading which was arguably Fellaini's best attribute.

Not an impressive performance but the opponent was Liverpool.

Let’s cut the man some slack.

Needs more time to settle.

Also needs to show more intensity. Seems to be very dozey in his playing style and he’ll struggle in this league if he doesn’t amend that.

Was terrible. Almost everything he did he made the wrong choice

71.4% pass accuracy, 3 unsafe touches and dispossesed 1 time

Had 1 good effort on goal

Not declaring him a failure at all. He improved slightly as the game progressed. Getting on the end of chances is not enough though. Plenty of mid-tier players can do that just as there are the Adama wingers that can go past their players. Ultimately, end product seals the win.

Obviously that is correct, but at the same time he is adjusting to a new league and team.

Looks like he’ll score goals. Not his day yesterday but he’s not one of the players I’d be picking apart after that game

He's never scored a header

Can't judge him based on only 1 full start against Pool who were so much better on the day. Time to judge is after a full season. I think he will be a good squad player and for the price we paid, its a good buy.