Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Another player we’ve got to play up front who is a million miles from good enough.

Cantona, yorke, cole, ogs, rvn, Rooney, rvp, berba, tevez

Lukaku, weghorst, hojlund, zirkzee.

There’s a difference there and it’s not even his fault he’s not good enough
Lukaku was a serious cut above the others in that list.

If you don't have pace in this league, you better have everything else and it doesn't look like he does.

Another player we’ve got to play up front who is a million miles from good enough.

Lukaku doesn't deserve to be in that list. His goal record was decent

He's still developing and will improve. That said, there's no way we buy him if anyone other than ETH was managing the club.

RvN just signed for PSV at Zirkzee his age. Zirkzee has time to develop. He was bad today but writing him off after not even 180 of playing for Manchester United is too early.

Some overreacting here today. A poor game but as far as performances by completely isolated strikers goes, it wasnt bad. should bury that header of course but certainly no cause for concern here.

RvN just signed for PSV at Zirkzee his age. Zirkzee has time to develop. He was bad today but writing him off after not even 180 of playing for Manchester United is too early.

This is the problem for me.

And its not his fault.

Signing another striker who needs time to develop just wasn't what we needed.

That’s all well and good and I’m not blaming zirkzee for not being good enough. Even if it’s a not being good enough yet. We need a genuine proven scorer

Looked off the pace to me. He Needs to be far more lean and hungry. He did get on the end off a couple of chances so hopefully he can improve.

Really difficult one to start in. He wasn't terrible but he's not great either. Feel like he needs to work on some flaws, be more front footed in general play and take more advantage of his physique in aggressiveness.

Huffed and buffed and didn't do much, slow and weak in aerials and can't finish.

Not his day

He's a marginally better Wout Weghorst.

Everyone defended Ten Hag saying that WW was forced on him or literally the only player available in all the world.

But maybe he just likes big lumpy front men with poor technical ability that try to make up for it by trying hard.

Guardiola likes skillful, confident players comfortable receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch.

Fergie liked fast wingers who want to stretch the game and run at full backs.

Wenger liked technical midgets who were easy on the eye but at the cost of any physical strength.

Ten Hag likes Jason Roberts.

A poor performance which is understandable, but the concerning aspect of Zirkzee is that he really doesn’t look like a natural finisher. Time will tell.

He is technically decent but just not used to the pace of the English game imo. The one glaring issue though is his aerial ability, I don’t think he got off the ground for most contests.

I had hoped that getting a goal on his debut would help Zirkzee. However, he is clearly going through a steep learning curve. Just looks like he's operating in third gear when the game is happening in fifth.

Shocking first half, better in the second. Should score at least one of those big chances, but did well to get on the end of them at least.

Needs time to adapt.

Yeah same feelings. The misses were bad, but at least he started making the runs in the box in the second half. Had a nice effort earlier from the Collyer knockdown.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first start but he was particularly bad in the first half and far too slow to react to anything.

He looks a bit of a lump and awkward in his movements and needs to sharpen up quickly.

Some over-reactions in here.

Thought he played solidly, could have easily had 2 or 3 today

He will be fine if he keeps getting at the end of those chances and is a bit faster doing things.
That said, strange decision to bring him in, he's another player that is a high risk and unproven.

I also don't like that he can't run, this team is so unathletic.

Said it in the group chat with mates, but there's nothing special about him.

His dribbling isn't great, he's not quick, he's not clinical, and his link up isn't better than most other strikers that actually play as a 9. Feels like the Donny signing all over again.

Said it in the group chat with mates, but there's nothing special about him.

His dribbling isn't great, he's not quick, he's not clinical, and his link up isn't better than most other strikers that actually play as a 9. Feels like the Donny signing all over again.

He prob should have scored 2 today.

He did well actually. Should have finished one of those 2 chances though

Must score at least one of those chances, but semi promising he was at least there to miss them.
I would say he needs to lose a stone of weight, he looks a little cumbersome.

Early days but his trickery was completely stupid today. Needs to improve drastically

Going to give him a fiar shake before judging, but can't see many outstanding abilities from what I've seen so far.

What a brutal performance that was though. Thought he was technically much better than he showed here. That was less martial and more Lukaku.

We need Hojland back soon. I still hold hope that Zirkzee could be a good player for us but Hojland is the more polished player and Zirkzee appeared shocked by the speed of the game today. Hopefully he adapts, but we need Hojland as first choice.

I get that he didn’t. But it was his first premier league start and against Liverpool.

It shouldn't stop him linking play better and his ability to control a ball, or run at pace.

He's meant to bring a calmness to the attack, and a platform to build from. He lost the ball constantly today, rather than just going simple and retaining possession he got worse as the game went on.

It shouldn't stop him linking play better and his ability to control a ball, or run at pace.

He's meant to bring a calmness to the attack, and a platform to build from. He lost the ball constantly today, rather than just going simple and retaining possession he got worse as the game went on.
He isn’t fit or sharp. Didnt play in preseason.
Look at both Watkins and Isak so far this season both also been sloppy.