Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Started focusing on being in the box and got better. He has an instinct to be in right place at right time. Which is a positive.

He looks every bit a £34 million player from Bologna who scored 11 league goals last season & a total of 13 in 57 Serie A games.
Pretty much, yeah. He’ll have his moments but I hardly doubt we’re about to unearth a goldmine of a player here

If you knew his profile and saw his stats it was obvious this was an unnecessary signing.

I don’t even think it’s a matter of time, even when he’s fully fit, I don’t see him being of much value here especially with how this squad is made up.

Has to score those two chances today. However, what's more concerning is how sloppy he was with the ball. His first start so can't be too critical, but I was expecting better.

If we didn't buy this useless eejit we'd have gotten Oshimen on loan with an obligation to buy.

Hate people who write players off so quickly but I’m going to do just that. He’s not right and will never make it here. May as well have gone with Wheatley.

He’s a link-up forward, isn’t he? Like, he’ll get some goals, but his job is mainly to feed in the wingers and players around him to score? A bit like Firmino with Salah and Mane?

The issue there is he’s not as good at the setting up, and the wingers definitely aren’t as good at the scoring.

It’s early, and I hope he makes a fool of me, but I think are more natural goal scorer would have been more sensible.

Dearie me, when is Hojlund back. There’s no way he’s a striker, which means ten hag probably has in his mind that we’re using this system often and it’s not just a case of Hojlund being injured.

Pretty much what I expected when we signed him and Im sure 99% will be the same. Just a lower to midtable player at this level.

Hate people who write players off so quickly but I’m going to do just that. He’s not right and will never make it here.
Was thinking the same. Hate writing off players quickly, too, so relieved you’ve said it for me.

His nonchalant demeanour will make most fans frustrated. He is a worse Martial in ability, but would stay fit. You just know he is not ‘it’.

I thought Koeman must be a fool when Zirkzee was behind Weghorst and Depay at the Euros.
I can see why now. He was only 33 million tbf so we didn’t get bent over too bad but yeah doesn’t look a player to me. Looks too big, clumsy, clunky and graceless.
The thing is he’s 23 so I don’t think his ceiling is going to be that much higher.

I'm sure we can actually find some use for him. I'm glad he got on the end of those chances today. He does look quite clumsy, though. I question just how useful he is outside of the box. If I were going to play him, I want make it illegal for him to leave the box and just tell him to hang around there until a chance comes his way.

Started focusing on being in the box and got better. He has an instinct to be in right place at right time. Which is a positive.
Well he hasn't, look at the first half.

He obviously had to be told at half time.

Another player we’ve got to play up front who is a million miles from good enough.

Cantona, yorke, cole, ogs, rvn, Rooney, rvp, berba, tevez

Lukaku, weghorst, hojlund, zirkzee.

There’s a difference there and it’s not even his fault he’s not good enough

Shocking first half, better in the second. Should score at least one of those big chances, but did well to get on the end of them at least.

Needs time to adapt.

Another player we’ve got to play up front who is a million miles from good enough.

Cantona, yorke, cole, ogs, rvn, Rooney, rvp, berba, tevez

Lukaku, weghorst, hojlund, zirkzee.

There’s a difference there and it’s not even his fault he’s not good enough

He’s started one game, let’s not go mad.

Can see why he wasn't going to be an automatic starter and Mount was preferred. Doesn't look sharp enough yet, hopefully it comes. Should have had two today.

To be fair we have signed plenty of strikers who turn up on their debut, even score hat tricks.

This guy doesn't look like he could score in a brothel.

Can't tell if this is a joke or not but just in case it isn't: he literally scored on his debut.

He’s started one game, let’s not go mad.
Let’s, he’ll never be good enough to play regular football and be a genuine world class talent for us upfront. Which group of those players I posted does he belong in

Has a nose for the ball in the box, but he is a sluggish mover. Might be able to get away with that in Serie A but if he doesn't sharpen up he will not be able to showcase his quality in general play which should be his strength over Hojlund.

Oh ffs. Jesus. Read the thread.

The guy was making excuses because its his first start, so I was highlighting what other achieve on their debuts.

Get it now or?

Seems like you don't know what "debut" means.