Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

He probably is a paid hack of Johnson.
You come out with some strange things.
Needs a split.
Definitely. It's tiresome going through this. The Lib Dems under Swinson are right wing enough that there is absolutely room for a centrist party to be formed out of the Labour MP's who don't like Momentum. Just maybe get more numbers and think it through a bit more than Change did.

Definitely. It's tiresome going through this. The Lib Dems under Swinson are right wing enough that there is absolutely room for a centrist party to be formed out of the Labour MP's who don't like Momentum. Just maybe get more numbers and think it through a bit more than Change did.

Sounds familiar...

The Social Democratic Party (SDP) was a centrist political party in the United Kingdom.The party supported a mixed economy (favouring a system inspired by the German social market economy), electoral reform, European integration and a decentralized state while rejecting the possibility of trade unions being overly influential within the industrial sphere.

The SDP was founded on 26 March 1981 by four senior Labour Party moderates, dubbed the 'Gang of Four': Roy Jenkins, David Owen, Bill Rodgers and Shirley Williams, who issued the Limehouse Declaration. Owen and Rodgers were sitting Labour Members of Parliament (MPs); Jenkins had left Parliament in 1977 to serve as President of the European Commission, while Williams had lost her seat in the 1979 general election. The four left the Labour Party as a result of the January 1981 Wembley conference which committed the party to unilateral nuclear disarmament and withdrawal from the European Economic Community. They also believed that Labour had become too left-wing, and had been infiltrated at constituency party level by Militant tendency whose views and behaviour they considered to be at odds with the Parliamentary Labour Party and Labour voters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Democratic_Party_(UK)

The CUK attempt was funny to watch though.

It's been a while, Mike.

Yeah, no shit.

More constructively, I think the timing is wrong. We're heading into single issue elections. All the viewpoints are currently covered. If Labour lose the election and Corbyn/Momentum don't release the reigns, then I can see it happening

Tom Watson, whose brief is the media, has been completely silent in a week or so that has seen The Scum doorstep Ben Stokes' family and out someone as having HIV.

He's said nothing. Nothing. He is pointless.

I'd be more engaged by the arguments of both sides of this Labour infighting if it wasn't inevitably going to end with Boris Johnson being elected as PM off the back of the fourth Tory general election win in a row. What an absolute shower of shite.

I'd be more engaged by the arguments of both sides of this Labour infighting if it wasn't inevitably going to end with Boris Johnson being elected as PM off the back of the fourth Tory general election win in a row. What an absolute shower of shite.
He sacked like 20 MP's and you think the Tories are going to win because Labour appears disjointed?

I'll condemn Watson's role in the saga of con artist paedophile Carl Beech if you like?

Admittedly he didn't go this wedding decades ago so it's probably not proof that he shouldn't be in a political party leadership role.

Perhaps he should have just laid a wreath at the graves of terrorists instead.

I'm not obsessed at all, I've all but given up on the party as it currently stands. The public has too.
I don't think you have. I think you want to but you sure as hell still care, based on the things you write. If you didn't care you'd quietly wander off and grumpily vote Lib Dem like the rest.

You're probably right.

I am going to struggle to vote Labour at the next election though.
I voted for Gordon Brown's government. Because the only candidates were Lab/Tory/BNP and I had to do my bit to make sure the BNP didn't keep their deposit in my seat. I know the feeling of not being represented.

He sacked like 20 MP's and you think the Tories are going to win because Labour appears disjointed?

Since 2009 the UK's voting record in GEs, EEs and referendums reads Tory, Tory, UKIP, Tory, Brexit, Tory, UKIP. Based on that, I fundamentally doubt the UK's ability to vote in its own self-interests. Or, in other words, I think your country is fundamentally fecked politically. That's why I think Johnson will win the next election. The Labour infighting just heightens the pre-existing sense of woe.

Since 2009 the UK's voting record in GEs, EEs and referendums reads Tory, Tory, UKIP, Tory, Brexit, Tory, UKIP. Based on that, I fundamentally doubt the UK's ability to vote in its own self-interests. Or, in other words, I think your country is fundamentally fecked politically. That's why I think Johnson will win the next election. The Labour infighting just heightens the pre-existing sense of woe.
No one is gonna argue with that one.

I think Johnson is considerably worse than May at appealing to the country and I think he has considerably worse problems in his party than May had. I don't think Labour are more disjointed than they were in 2017.

Not sure the optics are great for Labour as such - but it's admittedly a bit silly that Watson's stayed in such a senior role for so long when he's regularly undermining Corbyn. If he had no actual plans of mounting a leadership challenge and no real mechanism to remove Corbyn, it's hard to really see why he was continuing in his role except for the fact that it afforded him convenient power.

If they're simply abolishing the office though, then I don't think that looks good at all. May be a pretty pointless role but simply getting rid of it because the elected guy you don't like happens the hold the post certainly isn't going to give you a good look.

Last edited:
Not sure the optics are great for Labour as such - but it's admittedly a bit silly that Watson's stayed in such a senior role for so long when he's regularly undermining Corbyn. If he had no actual plans of mounting a leadership challenge and no real mechanism to remove Corbyn, it's hard to really see why he was continuing in his role except for the fact that it afforded him convenient power.

If they're simply abolishing the office though, then I don't think that looks good at all. May be a pretty pointless role but simply getting rid of it because the elected guy you don't like happens the hold the post certainly isn't going to give you a good look.

It's all very 1917

Between the general electorate not having a taste for Corbyn and the infighting in Labour, yep.
Only way I could see the infighting being a serious issue is if Momentum decide not to bother campaigning for MP's who don't want them in the party and instead focus their efforts on candidates who represent them but I don't see that happening. I think they'll campaign vigorously in every seat that's up for grabs.

No one over the age of 40 liking Corbyn feels more of an issue to me.

Only way I could see the infighting being a serious issue is if Momentum decide not to bother campaigning for MP's who don't want them in the party and instead focus their efforts on candidates who represent them but I don't see that happening. I think they'll campaign vigorously in every seat that's up for grabs.

No one over the age of 40 liking Corbyn feels more of an issue to me.
That last statement is not exactly true though is it. Not in my personal experience at least.

Labour's Tom Watson has said the bid to oust him as deputy leader by abolishing his post is a "sectarian attack" on the party's "broad church".
A man wakes up in The Grand hotel in Brighton to tell us that voting on whether he should keep his position is a 'sectarian attack'.

feck him.

I think there's a lot more people in that boat than Labour realise. Or seemingly even care about.

Lessons are never learned.

Seemingly not!

Preston is a safe Labour seat anyway, so they won't miss my vote. I'll probably vote Greens.
Or maybe I'll just stand as an independent and vote for myself.

If there is another hung Parliament (and I don't see how there won't be) I really hope we have another look at FTPT and ditch it in favour of PR.

It's a tough argument for anyone to make that the party shouldn't get rid of Watson. Never a big deal when the Tories make a change but for Labour it's always a meltdown apparently.

I would like Benn or Cooper brought in to the shadow cabinet role to appease the centrists though. Agree or disagree with their general voting history they've both done good work on brexit. Far more than Watson has done at any point ever.

21% in the polls, 3rd place behind the Lib Dem’s, and the leader labour wants to remove is..... Tom Watson. You lot deserve the electoral beating that’s coming to you.

21% in the polls, 3rd place behind the Lib Dem’s, and the leader labour wants to remove is..... Tom Watson. You lot deserve the electoral beating that’s coming to you.

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen you bring up “within the margin of error” multiple times when polling doesn’t fit your narrative?

Surely you’re not making a big deal now out of a 1% polling difference between two parties? Would seem a bit hypocritical that.

Hearing this line from multiple journos. Qyite obvious Corbyn has nothing to do with it.

Hearing this line from multiple journos. Qyite obvious Corbyn has nothing to do with it.

:lol: Sure, his chief of staff, his comms director, the leader of Momentum, Unite reps and Diane Abbott all went along with it without Jez hearing the slightest whiff.

Seemingly not!

Preston is a safe Labour seat anyway, so they won't miss my vote. I'll probably vote Greens.
Or maybe I'll just stand as an independent and vote for myself.

If there is another hung Parliament (and I don't see how there won't be) I really hope we have another look at FTPT and ditch it in favour of PR.

I'm in a fairly strong Tory seat. Even then, I'm struggling with what to do if we get a GE. I'm far from the only one.